All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Superbone »

Welcome, SunShine! Tell us a little bit about yourself. And don’t forget to bring the donuts. :)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SunsShine

Post by SunsShine »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:30 pm
Welcome, SunShine! Tell us a little bit about yourself. And don’t forget to bring the donuts. :)
Haha. Krispy Kreme? Bosa? What’s your poison?

I live in the west valley and have been here since 2002. I was born and raised in San Jose, California, so I am confident it will come as a huge disappointment to all of you that I also cheer for the Warriors lol. I was always just a casual fan up until the SSOL day, where it became a huge passion of mine. I absolutely love to follow the team, and am extremely optimistic about this coming season.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SunsShine wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:39 pm
Superbone wrote:

I live in the west valley and have been here since 2002. I was born and raised in San Jose, California, so I am confident it will come as a huge disappointment to all of you that I also cheer for the Warriors lol. I was always just a casual fan up until the SSOL day, where it became a huge passion of mine. I absolutely love to follow the team, and am extremely optimistic about this coming season.
That's my move!! (Welcome, SunsShine! Great to have you.)

SunsShine

Post by SunsShine »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:13 pm
SunsShine wrote:
Superbone wrote:

You’re a Warriors fan as well? For as long as I have lurked this board, I’m surprised I did not pick up on that lol. Awesome stuff. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

SunsShine wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:16 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:16 pm
How did we not out muscle Washington for Beal? We got him for CP3 and 2nd round picks…and they took Shamet and had to throw in Goodwin
We did have the fortune of Beal having a NTC, which allowed him to dictate where he wanted to go and what pieces he got traded for. I definitely think we sold the farm for KD, but Ishbia seemed determined to make a major splash after just becoming our owner by any means necessary. The Ayton trade is what it is. His trade value simply wasn’t there and our front office took what was offered for him. If nothing else, this team’s depth only further improved which was already looking solid after free agency.

Also, hello everyone. I have been lurking this board for a while and you all provide such tremendous insight on our team. Looking forward to discussing Suns basketball with all of you.
Welcome!

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Reasons we won't miss Ayton.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Man those plays made me cackle like the Joker when they'd happen. So much pain but objectively funny to watch.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Boy that first clip just sums up all of the animosity I have towards him in 6 seconds. What an absolute donkey.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

You guys are just asking for it. Now JeremyG is going to post a supercut of both of DA's good plays from the 2023 season.

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

I think Ayton's issue a lot of times is he wants to spend time thinking about what he's going to do instead of going with instinct, muscle memory, reflex, or whatever you want to call it. 99.99% of players in the NBA would have dunked the ball in the first video without a thought. Ayton does fine with set plays when he is in position, such as dunking the ball on an inbounds pass. Freelancing is outside his abilities.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That's exactly right. He has very little "feel" for the game.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:23 pm
You guys are just asking for it. Now JeremyG is going to post a supercut of both of DA's good plays from the 2023 season.
All 6 of them.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:16 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
All 6 of them.
Me thinks you missed Mori's slight.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:29 pm
TOO wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
All 6 of them.
Me thinks you missed Mori's slight.
I only see red when speaking of Ayton. So yes, I absolutely missed it.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:13 pm
SunsShine wrote:
Superbone wrote:

An apprentice for Darth Marty.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I was just thinking how we didn't have enough Dubs fans here.

Welcome.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Our favorite, Pat Bev weighs in on Ayton:

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

TOO wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
All 6 of them.

<3 ya TOO

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:35 pm
Our favorite, Pat Bev weighs in on Ayton:

It would be nice if the Hayters such as Mike could at least get their facts straight. 2.5 FTA/G would require either a new career low from Ayton per minute or very low minutes per game. He averaged 3.0 in only 30 minutes this last season.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s had 3 seasons at 2.5 or lower