All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:29 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:02 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:37 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:25 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:14 pm

Lol, he could be a 20 ppg scorer without changing anything about his game. He was literally an 18 ppg scorer. Just 3 more minutes per game would do it. :lol:
OK, 25 ppg and 15 boards per game. Play through contact and boxing out would accomplish both but not our problem anymore.
That hasn’t been done since 1976, but okay…

I think I’m starting to see why Ayton didn’t meet everyone’s (insane) level of expectations…
Persecution complex.

He didn’t want to do what we needed from him. We needed a dirt worker as Fitzsimmons used to call them.

Someone who’s going to bang down low, eat up space, a catalyst for the offense, someone who doesn’t need touches every game to be involved.
Now that’s even more insane than expecting 25 & 15. You don’t draft a player #1 overall just for them to be a dirt worker.
iLLmatic wrote:
We needed someone who didn’t have a preconceived idea what their role should be. Ayton wanted different things than what this current team needed so it was time to move on for both parties. I’m sorry your favorite player got traded but it’s time to let go and move on like the organization has.
Time to move on? Lol, I’m not the one continuing to resurrect this thread every couple days with all this nonsense.
Hell, I’ll take 15. Forget the 25

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

He’s too much of a puss to say what he really thinks. He unfollowed book on ig.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Book, to Ayton: I told him to send you my regards. I didn't say hi. Kramer took it upon himself to say hi to you for me, when in fact, it was an unauthorized hi.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:05 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:03 pm
If all he was working on was his 3 pt shot, then it was a good decision for him to do that elsewhere. That wasn't his biggest hole in his game, imo. Idk if it was even top 5. At this point, he's just a meme to me.
Dude could just worked on initiating and finishing through contact and could have been a 20 ppg scorer.
Lol, he could be a 20 ppg scorer without changing anything about his game. He was literally an 18 ppg scorer. Just 3 more minutes per game would do it. :lol:
OK, 25 ppg and 15 boards per game. Play through contact and boxing out would accomplish both but not our problem anymore.

I think I’m starting to see why Ayton didn’t meet everyone’s (insane) level of expectations…
Wait I thought it was everyone else’s fault he didn’t meet your expectations?

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

JeremyG wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Persecution complex.

He didn’t want to do what we needed from him. We needed a dirt worker as Fitzsimmons used to call them.

Someone who’s going to bang down low, eat up space, a catalyst for the offense, someone who doesn’t need touches every game to be involved.
Now that’s even more insane than expecting 25 & 15. You don’t draft a player #1 overall just for them to be a dirt worker.
iLLmatic wrote:
We needed someone who didn’t have a preconceived idea what their role should be. Ayton wanted different things than what this current team needed so it was time to move on for both parties. I’m sorry your favorite player got traded but it’s time to let go and move on like the organization has.
Time to move on? Lol, I’m not the one continuing to resurrect this thread every couple days with all this nonsense.
Try not responding to the bait.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

ShadowHawke wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:29 pm
JeremyG wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Persecution complex.

iLLmatic wrote:
Try not responding to the bait.
Yea, the irony is hilarious.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Oh I'm always gonna respond.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Dang, Ayton really sucked in last night's Suns/Blazers game! He was so passive and wimpy, and made so little impact on the game, it was almost like he wasn't out there at all.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:22 am
Dang, Ayton really sucked in last night's Suns/Blazers game! He was so passive and wimpy, and made so little impact on the game, it was almost like he wasn't out there at all.
LOL, this will still probably be said when he does actually play. What reason did he have to sit out? Bruised ribs again?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:28 am
Mori Chu wrote:
LOL, this will still probably be said when he does actually play. What reason did he have to sit out? Bruised ribs again?
Fairness.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Bruised ego
Strained left thumb (from Call of Duty)
DNP-PW (Did Not Play - Portland Weed)

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:50 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Bruised ego
Strained left thumb (from Call of Duty)
DNP-PW (Did Not Play - Portland Weed)
The last one made me laugh.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

I'm betting it's because he didn't want his big ol' feelings hurt from all the phoenix fans that would be booing his butt.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Speaking of which

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Tepid.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:03 pm
Tepid.
Matches his years of effort.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I thought/think he deserves an appreciation cheer but not any kind of extended standing ovation. Maybe next time if/when there's an appreciation video during the regular season.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:34 pm
I thought/think he deserves an appreciation cheer but not any kind of extended standing ovation. Maybe next time if/when there's an appreciation video during the regular season.
Yep, we appreciate what he did for us two years ago. The video should highlight the years leading up to and through that year ending with the Valley Oop.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm not going to cheer or boo. I'm indifferent to him.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass