All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by JeremyG »

I think the term “better fit” is a trigger for me. :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Cap wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:33 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:30 pm
I’m surprised nobody caught the double meaning in ShelC’s post at the top of this page. :P
Think MCU should’ve dealt with Howard?
With the multiverse stuff they're doing... He could be back but doubt it.

His TV show was ok for the first couple of seasons... but mainly because of Taraji P. Henson.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:51 am
Not really sure how that’s relevant….
Something about moving goal posts…

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:36 pm
I think the term “better fit” is a trigger for me. :lol:
(JeremyG at the gym)

Personal trainer: OK class, if we keep working hard at these SoulCycle sessions, you'll be much better fit than last year!

JeremyG: (tackles trainer, opens up can of whoop ass) Ayton did nothing wrong! AYTON DID NOTHING WRONG!!!

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Ayton still maintaining the best FT% in the league. ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:40 am
Ayton still maintaining the best FT% in the league. ;)
His FT shot selection is immaculate. I'll give him that. All three of them were WIDE open.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Think he’s up to 5 now

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

How are those steals coming along? How many games has he led them in scoring?

He’s going to lead them in scoring and have better stats than on the suns right? That was the guarantee?

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

6 points, 6 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 Free throws, 3 personal fouls.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

STEAL KING

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:08 pm
How are those steals coming along? How many games has he led them in scoring?

He’s going to lead them in scoring and have better stats than on the suns right? That was the guarantee?
I’m laughing too hard rn. Ever just pull up on a thread and just instantly find someone getting roasted? Thank you.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

I’m just here to comment that though Eubanks might not be as talented as DA he’s infinitely more fun to watch.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Does anybody miss DA? It feels like Nurk has plenty of good games, and on the nights where Nurk doesn't have it, Eubanks seems to step up 100% of the time. I love our current center rotation.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:58 am
Does anybody miss DA? It feels like Nurk has plenty of good games, and on the nights where Nurk doesn't have it, Eubanks seems to step up 100% of the time. I love our current center rotation.
I can see where DA would be more productive against many of the best teams. I don't miss some of the things that come with DA though.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
The DA I miss left a few years ago... :P

TOO

Post by TOO »

I miss his around the rim touch, Nurk stinks there, I enjoy Nurks connective play much more than Aytons. Pretty much it. I think Eubanks offers the aggression that would've made Ayton great.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Love what Nurk's brought for us even on the off nights. He's a bigger wide body, screens extremely well, boxes out, plays physical, great passer and connector. Even if the shots don't always fall near the rim, he's still getting to the line more often and I like that his 3pt shot looks good. I'm sure he'll look really bad against some of the better teams with better bigs but at least that's sort of expected and we can gameplan for it. He's been healthy so far too which was the biggest question mark with him.

It's the level of disappointment I had with the other guy because you just didn't know what you were going to get possession to possession, despite all the obvious talent. Expectations are lower for Nurk, but more in line with what he brings.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:51 am
Mori Chu wrote:
I can see where DA would be more productive against many of the best teams. I don't miss some of the things that come with DA though.
Yeah, overall I don't miss the frustrations I had with Ayton at his cost. Nurk can be frustrating at times too but not nearly as much as you know what you're getting with him at half the cost. At least he always puts in the effort and sets a great screen like Shel said.
"Be Legendary."

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Here is my feeling about the whole Ayton/Nurk debate. With Ayton you were always waiting for the big game you knew he was capable of. Then once he got one you were thinking this is it, he finally gets it and he will get more and more, then he would disappoint time after time after time after time. With Nurk I don’t even pay attention to him. I have no expectations and don’t care what he does. Whatever he gets is like a bonus. Im not looking for him to score 30 or get 20 rebounds. If he does, great, but it’s whatever. With Ayton 95 games out of 100 I was disappointed by his effort and outcome.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:29 am
Even if the shots don't always fall near the rim, he's still getting to the line more often
To the tune of 0.6 more attempts and 0.2 more makes than DA had last season?
ShelC wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:29 am
and I like that his 3pt shot looks good.
Yeah, that 26.7% looks really good. He shot 26.8% two seasons ago and his career average is 28.9% so there's no reason to expect it to go back to last season's percentage.