All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Uncle_Gene

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Uncle_Gene »

I was concerned about the part when the reporter asked what DeAndre would tell Monte and he said "I can show him better than I could tell him."

Your thoughts?
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Uncle_Gene wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:25 am

I was concerned about the part when the reporter asked what DeAndre would tell Monte and he said "I can show him better than I could tell him."

Your thoughts?
I like it. Instead of talking, he will start showing what he can do. Only concern is if he does this and Monty stays stubborn.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

“Taking care of everything, not just being his role player.”

Interesting.

I have often wondered if it was Chris Paul that caused Ayton’s numbers to regress. Sounds like it is Monty.

Ask yourself this question: If Greg Popovich were coaching the Suns the last 3 years, instead of Monte, are the Suns 2-time defending NBA champs right now?

I think they are.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The guy with 6 rings as a coach could've done better than Monty Williams. Got it.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

The Spurs intentionally tank at the end of the year and get Tim Duncan. Let me know when Ayton plays that well.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

SunsRIt wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:33 am
“Taking care of everything, not just being his role player.”

Interesting.

I have often wondered if it was Chris Paul that caused Ayton’s numbers to regress. Sounds like it is Monty.

Ask yourself this question: If Greg Popovich were coaching the Suns the last 3 years, instead of Monte, are the Suns 2-time defending NBA champs right now?

I think they are.
I'm pretty sure he said, "not just being this role player." But yeah, the comment may be toward Monty indirectly.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

:evil: I would love nothing more than DA to bark at everyone, demand the ball, make a bunch of mistakes early on, then average 25ppg to end the year and become that #2 to Books #1

My problem with him is that despite how he speaks his actions reflect those of someone content with being a role player, passive and hesitant unless he gets the ball in a perfect spot to score

Indy

Post by Indy »

He can't pass himself the ball, Sauce.

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

Neither could Olajuwon, Abdul-Jabbar, McHale, Duncan, Shaq, Wilt, Russel, Gilmore, Karl Malone, Chuck, Moses Malone, Garnett, the Admiral, or Ewing.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShadowHawke wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:48 pm
Neither could Olajuwon, Abdul-Jabbar, McHale, Duncan, Shaq, Wilt, Russel, Gilmore, Karl Malone, Chuck, Moses Malone, Garnett, the Admiral, or Ewing.
But they knew what to do with it when they got it! The key thing they all had in common is aggression.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

DA gets the ball a ton. You can argue he gets passed up when he has position in the paint too often (I agree), but he also gets the ball a ton at the elbow or 3 point line and he freezes and passes it to whoever makes eye contact first

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ayton has every tool you could want for a big man, there is no reason he shouldn't be putting up Admiral, or Ewing numbers, he just doesn't play with that I'm bigger and better than you mentality. Will that change in year 5? Unlikely, but if it does boy lemme tell ya I'll rooting for him almost as much as Jeremy.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I had a dream last night I was playing in a pick up game but for some reason it was in a gym with a few empty bleachers, and then Patrick Ewing, Dr. J, MJ and Kevin Durant and someone else I can't remember showed up to play with us. All of the sudden there was a small crowd in the bleachers. Each guy came up to our respective benches to shake hands before we got started, and every one of them had a little different handshake with me. It was all pretty normal until the last guy (I think it was Dr. J) came up to me and I reached out like I was just going to shake his hand like old people do, but then I just kind of grabbed the tip of his index finger and held it gently. What a weird fucking dream, and I totally forgot about it until I just read TOO's post mentioning Ewing.
Last edited by Indy on Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:29 pm
I had a dream last night I was playing in a pick up game but for some reason it was in a gym with a few empty bleachers, and then Patrick Ewing, Dr. J, MJ and Kevin Durant and someone else I can't remember showed up to play with us. All of the sudden there was a small crowd in the bleachers. Each guy came up to our respective benches to shake hands before we got started, and everyone of them had a little different handshake with me. It was all pretty normal until the last guy (I think it was Dr. J) came up to me and I reached out like I was just going to shake his hand like old people do, but then I just kind of grabbed the tip of his index finger and held it gently. What a weird fucking dream, and I totally forgot about it until I just read TOO's post mentioning Ewing.
Hilarious. Channeling your inner Mikal Bridges.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

TOO

Post by TOO »

Indy wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:29 pm
I had a dream last night I was playing in a pick up game but for some reason it was in a gym with a few empty bleachers, and then Patrick Ewing, Dr. J, MJ and Kevin Durant and someone else I can't remember showed up to play with us. All of the sudden there was a small crowd in the bleachers. Each guy came up to our respective benches to shake hands before we got started, and everyone of them had a little different handshake with me. It was all pretty normal until the last guy (I think it was Dr. J) came up to me and I reached out like I was just going to shake his hand like old people do, but then I just kind of grabbed the tip of his index finger and held it gently. What a weird fucking dream, and I totally forgot about it until I just read TOO's post mentioning Ewing.
:lol:
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

I have to agree to an extent on what Kendrick Perkins said. You keep that communication open with the former number one pick of the draft.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We can blame Monty for not giving Ayton a phone call to smooth things over. But it is also noteworthy that nobody would be talking about this except for the fact that Ayton pouted like a whiny bitch through the entire media day, giving two-word answers to each question and stirring the media up into a frenzy. A more mature man would deal with it internally and talk to Monty himself rather than fanning the flames like that.

Get these two proud men in a room and talk out their bullshit.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm personally not worried about it. If Ayton plays angry, it was all worth it.
"Be Legendary."