All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Kryptonic

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Kryptonic »

Cap wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:07 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:51 pm
Cap wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:10 pm
Once upon a time, I was a software engineer, and really good at it, and thought I was someone special. Now I’m just me. Hurts like Hell.
We're all special Cap in our own way. Why didn't you keep at it?
Why do you think? My mental health issues incapacitated me.
Sorry man…. I’ve had some bouts with depression and that stuff is rough, especially when living with people who don’t understand it. It’s not something you can just think away. Between counseling, medication, exercise, meditating and prayer I feel better and have tools to help when it gets rough. Since I’m stuck at home i frequent here a lot and I play games here and there online with some friends and it also helps manage the chronic pain and depression. Hang in there Cap… and sorry you’re going through this.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:49 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:48 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:55 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:41 am
Superbone wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:20 pm
I love it when people say "Oh, that must be such a fun job!" I tell them creating a game is a lot different than playing a game. It is engineering just like for anything else. Only nobody will die if you make a mistake. Having said that, I was blessed to be able to make games for a living for 33 years out of a 35 year career. Only my first two years after graduating from college were outside of gaming. And I only worked for three gaming companies in those 33 years. One of them for only 7 months. So, I had unheard of longevity (for gaming) for two of those jobs. 23 years at Sony alone.
Not a lot of folks here know that 'Boney was technical lead on the Duke Nukem Forever project. He's also advising George RR Martin on the final two A Song of Ice and Fire books.
You almost had me on that one until I saw the GRRM part.
Thanks a lot, Krypto! You believed the part where I lead the worst run game of all time. SMH.
lol hey… even if it’s the worst it’s still more than most would do in their lifetime not to mention no one going into making that game would have thougtht it was going to be the turd it turned into.
I did some research on it just now. Here a couple of the lowlights:
Duke Nukem Forever began development under 3D Realms and underwent a severely protracted development that lasted more than 14 years. Announced in 1997 following the success of Duke Nukem 3D, it was delayed several times, which was attributed to engine changes, understaffing, and a lack of a development plan. After 3D Realms downsized in 2009, Duke Nukem Forever was finished by Triptych Games, Gearbox Software and Piranha Games. It holds the Guinness world record for the longest development for a video game, though this period was exceeded in 2022 by Beyond Good and Evil 2.
The game is also frequently cited as being a prime example of development hell in the video game industry, both by game developers and critics, even prior to its release.
It is no accident that Mori chose this title. Also, I’ve never seen Game of Thrones but I assume the A Song of Fire and Ice books are taking forever to be released.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Um…. You’re retired now and there’s no reason for you to not be watching Game of Thrones. Great show and the prequel series House of Dragon is pretty dang good too.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:13 am
Um…. You’re retired now and there’s no reason for you to not be watching Game of Thrones. Great show and the prequel series House of Dragon is pretty dang good too.
Maybe some day. Not a big fantasy fan. Wrapped up the latest True Detective last night. Just getting ready to start Slow Horses, season 2. I started the first season a while ago but couldn’t get into it at the time and didn’t get through the first half of the first episode. Into it now. Tokyo Vice is also a good series that started season 2 recently.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I started Tokyo Vice last week on your recommendation. Good show, but it drives me crazy that Jake doesn’t know how to hold a cigarette and Samatha uses chopsticks like a child. :lol:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:04 am
I started Tokyo Vice last week on your recommendation. Good show, but it drives me crazy that Jake doesn’t know how to hold a cigarette and Samatha uses chopsticks like a child. :lol:
Ha! I wouldn't know on either of those two things. :lol: But I'll be watching for it. Maybe they've learned by season 2. :P
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:20 am

Maybe some day. Not a big fantasy fan. Wrapped up the latest True Detective last night. Just getting ready to start Slow Horses, season 2. I started the first season a while ago but couldn’t get into it at the time and didn’t get through the first half of the first episode. Into it now. Tokyo Vice is also a good series that started season 2 recently.
Love Slow Horses. I've read all of Mick Heron's books. Good series. The only thing that bothers me is that River is so often dumb as shit.

Avoid the new True Detective. AVOID. Great acting but the script is shite and the finale is *bad.*
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Was it really that bad? I'm not at all a drama aficionado but I thought it was fine.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:55 pm
DA has the fans heading for the door.

It doesn't all have to do with their fanbase (although losing a franchise player like Dame couldn't help), it's their horrible TV partner (Root Sports) making changes. Nobody can even get the games anymore.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It sucks that too often it’s actually easier to watch teams when you’re out of market. Good on the suns and Jazz for making their games much more accessible to local fans.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:59 am
Was it really that bad? I'm not at all a drama aficionado but I thought it was fine.
I'm with you.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:19 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:55 pm
DA has the fans heading for the door.
It doesn't all have to do with their fanbase (although losing a franchise player like Dame couldn't help), it's their horrible TV partner (Root Sports) making changes. Nobody can even get the games anymore.
Yeah, I'm just trolling. DA is but one piece of the puzzle. It makes a ton of sense that Blazers fans would tune out right after the team trades away Dame Lillard.

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:44 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:59 am
I'm with you.
This sums up most of my feelings. They are a little harsher than I would have been but... anywho. https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2 ... e3c34b2ead
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Kryptonic wrote:
There's 2 reasons : the last 2 seasons.
Argh.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:05 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
There's 2 reasons : the last 2 seasons.
Argh.
Shhhhhhh…. I want him to suffer like we did. 😂

Funny thing… I still haven’t watched the last episode out of spite. But damn if the first 5 seasons weren’t amazing.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:20 pm
Thought this quote belonged over here too…. Good to see DA, oh wait… that’s not DA. 😂😭

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I thought this was interesting:

Split T

Post by Split T »

I remember when he was shooting like 70% on that hook shot

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote: