All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by JeremyG »

The sticking point may be the fact that he is demanding the full 30% escalator like the others in his draft class got. But Sarver wouldn't even give that to Booker--he only got 27.5% escalators. So I doubt Sarver will give in.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:38 pm
Everything before October 19th is just gaslighting and leverage.
Yep. All will be forgiven once he is paid.
"Be Legendary."

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

Split T wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:16 pm
Here’s my question, can we give him the regular max and have the escalators for if he is 2nd team all-nba or higher? Or if he wins DPOY? I’d be cool with that
I agree, I think he's got to get the max, but escalators shouldn't kick in with 3rd team rubbish... 1st gets you the biscuit as far as I'm concerned, be the best and get the extra $$

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'd be happier if there was a 5+ FTA per game escalator for Ayton.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

BlaCkAdDa wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:08 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:16 pm
Here’s my question, can we give him the regular max and have the escalators for if he is 2nd team all-nba or higher? Or if he wins DPOY? I’d be cool with that
I agree, I think he's got to get the max, but escalators shouldn't kick in with 3rd team rubbish... 1st gets you the biscuit as far as I'm concerned, be the best and get the extra $$
Agreed on this thinking. I think he would be worth the max + escalators if he was the #1 center in the league and DPOY. I think if he were that level, he would be a game changer and someone that would really help when Paul declines.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:21 pm
Here's the video of his comments:

"I just really want to be respected to be honest. Just be respected like my peers are being respected by their teams. And you know, just keep it like that."

And so the unraveling of the relationship begins...
I thought the transition from Duane going from "you don't have a deal done yet" to "Chris Paul said the one guy he has seen put in work this offseason was Mikal--what do you think about that?" was really shitty.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:52 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Even if that’s next summer?

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:31 pm
I'd be happier if there was a 5+ FTA per game escalator for Ayton.
For real tho!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:18 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:08 pm
Just pay the man the max with the escalators. The market has spoken. He is worth it. If he hits All NBA status then that means WOW he took a huge leap and playoff Ayton is the standard and that man deserves it if MPJ is getting it.
He might get to be all-nba 3rd team by just having a single injury this year to Jokic, Gobert, or the nearly always injured Embiid. Him playing the same way he did last regular season isn't a 40M/year guy.
So him being the 4th best center in the league doesn’t warrant that?

So he’s better than Davis, Sabonis, KAT, Bam, etc but doesn’t deserve it SMH

Come on.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

It's absurd. People are arguing that Ayton shouldn't deserve escalators based on injuries propelling him into 2nd team NBA or 1st team, etc. That max is only for the singular best or top 3 at a given position, which Ayton is right there already, some might argue, around 3rd. Yet Michael Porter Jr. gets love from his team and gets the max. MPJ is better, more valuable and deserving than Ayton?! GTFO. I'd feel disrespected by the Suns too if I saw him and some of the other dudes that got maxed while he doesn't after historic stretches during the postseason and being a huge part of our finals run.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:53 pm
JeremyG wrote:

"I just really want to be respected to be honest. Just be respected like my peers are being respected by their teams. And you know, just keep it like that."

I thought the transition from Duane going from "you don't have a deal done yet" to "Chris Paul said the one guy he has seen put in work this offseason was Mikal--what do you think about that?" was really shitty.
Agreed. I was cringing that whole part.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:37 pm
Indy wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

I caught that too.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Indy wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Is Duane known for asking the dumbest and most cringe questions?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:36 pm
It's absurd. People are arguing that Ayton shouldn't deserve escalators based on injuries propelling him into 2nd team NBA or 1st team, etc. That max is only for the singular best or top 3 at a given position, which Ayton is right there already, some might argue, around 3rd. Yet Michael Porter Jr. gets love from his team and gets the max. MPJ is better, more valuable and deserving than Ayton?! GTFO. I'd feel disrespected by the Suns too if I saw him and some of the other dudes that got maxed while he doesn't after historic stretches during the postseason and being a huge part of our finals run.
Funny enough, but I don't think Ayton would accept the deal that Porter did. It was reported as a full max with escalators, but there's some highly conditional elements to it. The way it was reported seemed like more of a favor to the agent.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Indy wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

No that’s Greg Moore

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:03 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Indy wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

No that’s Greg Moore
Oh, ok. Thanks.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don’t think that was Greg Moore. Pretty sure that was Rankin on both ends sandwiching Kellan Olson.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:54 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:52 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Even if that’s next summer?
I hope it happens this year, to be honest, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if it wasn’t.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:36 pm
I agree that Ayton is more deserving of it than MPJ. I think that’s pretty obvious to most.
"Be Legendary."