All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Marty [Mori Chu]

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Marty [Mori Chu] » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:29 am

I really don't want Ayton to start shooting 3-pointers. I know the trend in today's NBA is to get everybody shooting them, but I just don't think most centers need to do it. Ayton shouldn't be out behind the 3-point line; he should be either in the paint or setting screens and rolling to the basket or popping to mid-range. I hope he works on defense, rebounding, positioning, setting good screens, and shooting close-range to mid-range jumpers. No 3s.

Split T

Post by Split T » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:50 am

I think it just depends on how good he is at them. I don’t want him turning into Brook Lopez, but if he is able to hit them at a decent rate, >33%, then there is a benefit to him taking them from time to time. Doesn’t him rolling on the pick and roll become more dangerous if the defense also has to worry about him popping as well?

SDC

Post by SDC » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:49 am

Cap wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:42 am
Danimal wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:48 pm
What has Ayton been up to this offseason?

I’ve seen articles about bridges sticking around and working out but I haven’t heard much on Ayton. I thought they would have sent him to work with Hakeem for a bit. Has he been working on his 3pt shot?
I think Ayton should work on a more reliable middy before he starts working on threes.
He already has a reliable midrange game. He should practice threes, but not shoot them during games.

In2ition

Post by In2ition » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:24 pm

SDC wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:49 am
Cap wrote:
Danimal wrote:

I’ve seen articles about bridges sticking around and working out but I haven’t heard much on Ayton. I thought they would have sent him to work with Hakeem for a bit. Has he been working on his 3pt shot?
I think Ayton should work on a more reliable middy before he starts working on threes.
He already has a reliable midrange game. He should practice threes, but not shoot them during games.
Honestly, I wish it was much much more reliable. I think his shooting form has a lot of unnecessary extra movement that inserts more variables that could effect the shot and therefore create a somewhat streaky and/or slightly unreliable (at times) shot.
"Our Suns are DEAD!!!"
Nate Duncan / Morten Jensen
Ben Goliver / Jake Madison
Bryan Toporek / John Karalis
Danny Leroux / Jonathan Feigen
Howard Beck / Dan Devine
Dan Favale / Andy Bailey
Coach Nick / Jared Weiss
Marc Jiang / David Aldridge

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:18 pm

In2ition wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:24 pm
SDC wrote:
Cap wrote:
Danimal wrote:

Honestly, I wish it was much much more reliable. I think his shooting form has a lot of unnecessary extra movement that inserts more variables that could effect the shot and therefore create a somewhat streaky and/or slightly unreliable (at times) shot.
Are we talking about the same guy? He has virtually no extra movement in his shot.

In2ition

Post by In2ition » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:31 pm

JCSunsfan wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:18 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:24 pm
SDC wrote:
Cap wrote:
Danimal wrote:

Are we talking about the same guy? He has virtually no extra movement in his shot.

Yeah, same guy. There is a good base of form, but a lot of cleaning up needs to be done.
"Our Suns are DEAD!!!"
Nate Duncan / Morten Jensen
Ben Goliver / Jake Madison
Bryan Toporek / John Karalis
Danny Leroux / Jonathan Feigen
Howard Beck / Dan Devine
Dan Favale / Andy Bailey
Coach Nick / Jared Weiss
Marc Jiang / David Aldridge