Suns Trade Dudley; Acquire Richaun Holmes

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JCSunsfan

Re: 2018 Suns Offseason News

Post by JCSunsfan »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:05 am
I read the wrong Holmes for wingspan, thanks for the correction JC
Ha. There ARE two, I did not notice. Just luck I did not read the wrong one.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:04 pm
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:47 pm

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1018297452384870400

Does not look to be in great shape here.
Yeah, I can't tell if there is something going on, but it looks like he has a belly. I admit I could be totally wrong and off base, and honestly I hope I'm completely wrong. I did like the fade way, cross overs and shooting though. Maybe he brings something unexpected this year, in a positive way. Granted, it looks like he's playing in a 6 ft and under league with a mix of high school kids.
He isn’t any worse shape than Ayton was. It’s a non issue really unless he comes into training camp looking like that.

It’s the summer, time to enjoy and eat for many people.
Last edited by UglyTruth on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonh

Post by jonh »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:44 am
Yea I don't think Williams is in the mix anymore.
I hope he lands in a good spot. Love cheering for that guy.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

https://twitter.com/JaredDudley619/status/219932439194247168

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Holmes is a very good shot blocker per 36, and also distributes well for a big. Not really a scorer or shooter, and that hurts his offensive numbers.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Surprised Sixers gave up Holmes for nothing. I get that he was expendable cause of Muscala but still. He was a pleasant surprise here in Philly. Fans really liked him. Now the Dudley move makes more sense, because Dudley and a 2nd for Holmes isn't bad.

He has to stay healthy though.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

UglyTruth wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:13 am
In2ition wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:04 pm
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:47 pm

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1018297452384870400

Does not look to be in great shape here.
Yeah, I can't tell if there is something going on, but it looks like he has a belly. I admit I could be totally wrong and off base, and honestly I hope I'm completely wrong. I did like the fade way, cross overs and shooting though. Maybe he brings something unexpected this year, in a positive way. Granted, it looks like he's playing in a 6 ft and under league with a mix of high school kids.
He isn’t any worse shape than Ayton was. It’s a non issue really unless he comes into training camp looking like that.

Chriss was always a bad pick. I remember reading at the time the front office wanted Bender but Watson really was clamoring for Chriss. Wanted to take him under his wing like a little brother. ugh. So stupid.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Get some!

[youtube][/youtube]
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Athletic as hell.

[youtube][/youtube]
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:35 am
Get some!

[youtube][/youtube]
I wasn't sure how many others would like the move so glad I'm not alone lol. 'Bone you said you're not familiar, when you get a chance you can peep the 2017 season for highlights or box scores post All Star break
That's when Embiid got shutdown and Holmes was starting
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Honestly, I'd play Holmes over Bender and Chriss right now. He's just a better player than either of them in my opinion and can definitely play the PF position.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Reed contract guaranteed and keeping Harrison.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I already felt that if Chriss was gonna get decent playing time that it would be more at backup C as Chandler probably wouldn't play much
Now we have Holmes and factoring in the whole not playing SL stuff, it really seems inevitable that he is getting moved

Secondly has anyone seen any news about Daniels. Haven't seen anything about him

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:36 am
Athletic as hell.

[youtube][/youtube]
That double clutch dunk of his is nasty

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Good friend of mine is a sixer fan. Was just texting back and forth. Basically said Holmes is a good offensive player but also finds himself out of position defensively alot. He's good at blocking shots from the weakside and is extremely athletic, but would oftentimes find himself out of position rebounding and thats why he struggled to get extended mins in Philly. Said always plays hard though. Also said great alley opp target.

Nice pickup on the cheap. Also heard a rumor that suns liked Holmes a few years ago and offered Archie Goodwin and a 2nd for him....ha

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/alantwilliams/status/1020363659241910272

We wouldn't know what this means but hope things work out for Sauce whenever the dust settles

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hey fellas, it is okay (preferred!) if you make a new thread when there's a trade. We're on page 90+ in this thread; an actual Suns transaction does merit its own thread.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:00 am
Good friend of mine is a sixer fan. Was just texting back and forth. Basically said Holmes is a good offensive player but also finds himself out of position defensively alot. He's good at blocking shots from the weakside and is extremely athletic, but would oftentimes find himself out of position rebounding and thats why he struggled to get extended mins in Philly. Said always plays hard though. Also said great alley opp target.

Nice pickup on the cheap. Also heard a rumor that suns liked Holmes a few years ago and offered Archie Goodwin and a 2nd for him....ha
Yeah, he leaves his man to go for the block. Not a bad combo with Ayton though. We really don't have that type of shot blocker on our team. He fill a need. He does what Chriss does, but better.

Cap

Post by Cap »

UglyTruth wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:13 am
Chriss really needs to have the discipline not to be one of those people, given how poorly it turned out for him last year.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:06 am
Hey fellas, it is okay (preferred!) if you make a new thread when there's a trade. We're on page 90+ in this thread; an actual Suns transaction does merit its own thread.
Your wish is my command.
"Be Legendary."