SUNS Video Vault

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: SUNS Video Vault

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:57 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:19 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:51 am
The Bobster wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:13 am
2006-07 NBA REGULAR SEASON
Arizona Veteran's Memorial Coliseum, December 7, 2006
Phoenix Suns vs. New Jersey Nets

Suns defeat Nets 161-157 in 2 OT.
Best game I've ever attended.
Man, you were there?! That was incredible watching on TV. My dad saved that game off for me onto DVD.
Ya. It was incredible. I was also at the Knicks-Suns triple OT game the prior year: https://www.basketball-reference.com/bo ... 20NYK.html

I remember we lost that one because of a BS foul to Kurt Thomas at a critical moment.
Are you some kind of magnet for multi-overtime thrillers?!
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:38 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
The Bobster wrote:

Man, you were there?! That was incredible watching on TV. My dad saved that game off for me onto DVD.
Ya. It was incredible. I was also at the Knicks-Suns triple OT game the prior year: https://www.basketball-reference.com/bo ... 20NYK.html

I remember we lost that one because of a BS foul to Kurt Thomas at a critical moment.
I once attended a playoff OT game: Game 5 vs Lakers, 1993.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
The Bobster wrote:

If only. The last few Suns games I've attended, including my first one ever in Phoenix, were massive turds.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:20 pm
Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

If only. The last few Suns games I've attended, including my first one ever in Phoenix, were massive turds.
High- and low- light of my Suns life was flying to SA to watch the Suns win and Nash get checked into the boards. Was celebrating with some friends while waiting in the airport to fly home that night and remember people calling me to let me know they were talking on Inside the NBA if Amare and Boris would be suspended.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Another day of Suns games on NBATV!

It includes the 2006 double OT thriller mentioned above. Nash and Kidd at their very best. Don't miss it.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That was honestly one of the best games I've ever seen with two of the best PGs ever. Had a chance to go to that game and didn't, stupidly. One of the most underrated games in NBA history.

Recording the others like Game 4 against the Spurs in 2010 and Game 6 vs Lakers in 2010. That's another year we should've gone to the Finals.
Last edited by ShelC on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:21 pm
That was honestly one of the best games I've ever seen with two of the best PGs ever. Had a chance to go to that game and didn't, stupidly. One of the most underrated games in NBA history.

Recording the others like Game 4 against the Spurs in 2010 and Game 6 vs Lakers in 2010. That another year we should've gone to the Finals.
Yes, yes, yes!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Alright, just finished watching this a bit ago. What a classic!

Some notes:
  • It was the Nets broadcast featuring Ian Eagle and Mark Jackson.
  • Jalen Rose and Pat Burke on the bench.
  • Marcus Smart playing backup PG for us. About 5 minutes in the first half and then you never seem him again.
  • I forgot how good Amare was around the hoops. Hitting from all angles and with contact.
  • Eddie House was playing for the Nets.
  • A lot of buzz in the building from the 4th quarter on.
  • Vince Carter fouls out near the end of regulation.
  • Nash then hits the game tying 3 to send to OT.
  • Amare and Raja Bell foul out in the first OT.
  • James Jones misses almost all his shots.
  • Kidd's game winning jumper is in and out at the end of the first OT.
  • Nets tie it with 30 seconds left in double OT after it looked like we were running away with it.
  • Nash ices it with free throws.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I can't remember James Jones hitting one jumpshot for us. Hated his time here.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:56 pm
You and Swing both.

Of the 5 NBA teams he played for, we were his worst 3p% team. And even at that, he would have been #2 on our team last year behind Daniels.

The year after us he played for Portland and hit 44.4% of his 3s at 3.5 attempts per game. Wow.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Indy wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:24 am
ShelC wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:56 pm
You and Swing both.

Of the 5 NBA teams he played for, we were his worst 3p% team. And even at that, he would have been #2 on our team last year behind Daniels.

The year after us he played for Portland and hit 44.4% of his 3s at 3.5 attempts per game. Wow.
It's not that his shooting #s were bad, it's that the shots he missed were so wide open and he often looked unprepared to shoot.

I think we were the highest pressure role he ever had. He never played big minutes on other playoff teams, and I think he just wasn't mentally able to play that quick and creative under pressure.

Anybody read 7 Seconds or Less? McCulumn talks about him as chronically unprepared. Still eating Fried Chicken during the pre game talks. Still tying his shoes when the other guys are running down the corridor.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:49 am
It's not that his shooting #s were bad, it's that the shots he missed were so wide open and he often looked unprepared to shoot.

I think we were the highest pressure role he ever had. He never played big minutes on other playoff teams, and I think he just wasn't mentally able to play that quick and creative under pressure.
Uhhh.... He played for the Miami Heat from 2008-2014. He played 19.1 min/game for their 2011 team.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... sja02.html

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:42 pm
ShelC wrote:

Some notes:
  • It was the Nets broadcast featuring Ian Eagle and Mark Jackson.
  • Jalen Rose and Pat Burke on the bench.
  • Marcus Smart playing backup PG for us. About 5 minutes in the first half and then you never seem him again.
  • I forgot how good Amare was around the hoops. Hitting from all angles and with contact.
  • Eddie House was playing for the Nets.
  • A lot of buzz in the building from the 4th quarter on.
  • Vince Carter fouls out near the end of regulation.
  • Nash then hits the game tying 3 to send to OT.
  • Amare and Raja Bell foul out in the first OT.
  • James Jones misses almost all his shots.
  • Kidd's game winning jumper is in and out at the end of the first OT.
  • Nets tie it with 30 seconds left in double OT after it looked like we were running away with it.
  • Nash ices it with free throws.
Thanks for this fun recap. I watched the 2005 Suns vs Mavs western semifinal game on NBATV the other day. It was so much fun. Nash was an absolute delight; I miss him terribly. Amare and Marion were such gazelles; Amare was so powerful and Marion was so fast and soared through the air. The whole team was just great. I got emotional just watching them all out there playing again. My wife came in and said, "Oh, I didn't know the Suns were back already." I explained to her that it was a rerun of a 13-year-old game. She was like, "I can't believe you would want to re-watch an old game that you already know who won!" :-)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:40 am
O_Gardino wrote:

Uhhh.... He played for the Miami Heat from 2008-2014. He played 19.1 min/game for their 2011 team.

He may have meant at the time. He played for Miami after us.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:43 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:40 am
O_Gardino wrote:

He may have meant at the time. He played for Miami after us.
No, Marty is right. I just forgot that season. Jones played an average of 21ish minutes for us, and had that one season in Miami, plus a playoff season in Indy where he played almost 18 minutes per game.

He did shoot a bit more for us and had a higher usage% as well.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:42 am
Superbone wrote:
ShelC wrote:
My wife came in and said, "Oh, I didn't know the Suns were back already." I explained to her that it was a rerun of a 13-year-old game. She was like, "I can't believe you would want to re-watch an old game that you already know who won!" :-)
Ahhh lol, the Classic female reaction. I would guess most of us have had their spouse or sister ask that question
Similar to this would be the avoiding social media or not checking your phone when u going home to watch a recording so don't want to know what happened. I used to be so determined/serious about this lol and if I happened to get told the result I would be so annoyed :lol:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I think I just mixed up 'Bone and Mori posts above
My badd guys
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:27 pm
I think I just mixed up 'Bone and Mori posts above
My badd guys
Fixed it for you. :)
"Be Legendary."