Devin Booker underwent hand surgery and is out six weeks

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: Devin Booker having hand surgery and is out indefinitely

Post by SDC »

Last edited by SDC on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

We'll see what Ayton, Bridges, Jackson and the coach are made of.

Incredible.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:29 pm
Did the Las Vegas odds makers have some kind of insider knowledge when they came up with the over/under team wins number?
Yes. Historical evidence is the best predictor of future performance.

jonh

Post by jonh »

SDC wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:15 pm
Jesus, take the wheel.

SDC

Post by SDC »

without a credible pg, this fucks aytons chances of winning ROTY, and bridges making the all rookie team

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

This is a great opportunity for Bridges and Reed if Devin misses any amount of time. They can fight it out for the backup SG minutes.

I don’t actually think Devin will be out much to start the season, but we have so many new faces that I’ll be excited to see the team even without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:46 am
This is a great opportunity for Bridges and Reed if Devin misses any amount of time. They can fight it out for the backup SG minutes.

I don’t actually think Devin will be out much to start the season, but we have so many new faces that I’ll be excited to see the team even without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unless it was a crazy surgery more than just a minor clean out, I can't see him missing more than 6 weeks of basketball activity.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

I thought about the implications of this injury, and I don't think that it's as bad as it seems. The Suns are overloaded at the 2/3/4 slots and this is a good chance to see what the likes of Reed and Bridges can do. It's also a good chance for Ayton to establish himself as a post presence, provided that there is someone on the roster who can feed him down low. The Suns will lose, and lose hard, early, in the tough going in November and December. And then, around the time Booker hopefully comes back, the Suns will run off a string of wins. By the All-Star Break, we'll have a much better feel for the team.

Indy

Post by Indy »

virtual9mm wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:43 am
I thought about the implications of this injury, and I don't think that it's as bad as it seems. The Suns are overloaded at the 2/3/4 slots and this is a good chance to see what the likes of Reed and Bridges can do. It's also a good chance for Ayton to establish himself as a post presence, provided that there is someone on the roster who can feed him down low. The Suns will lose, and lose hard, early, in the tough going in November and December. And then, around the time Booker hopefully comes back, the Suns will run off a string of wins. By the All-Star Break, we'll have a much better feel for the team.
Why are you assuming Booker will be out 3-4 months? Did I miss some news today?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We're supposed to have a better idea of the timetable after the surgery today.
"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Indy wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:49 am
virtual9mm wrote:
No idea about the timetable but these things are always slower than advertised

Indy

Post by Indy »

virtual9mm wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:03 am
Indy wrote:
virtual9mm wrote:
That is fair. Let's hope we are pleasantly surprised.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:04 pm
virtual9mm wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:03 am
Indy wrote:
virtual9mm wrote:
That is fair. Let's hope we are pleasantly surprised.
Last I heard is it's going to be 4 weeks(idk if this is a reputable source, so don't quote me).
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Disappointing for sure and one has to wonder why the delay in surgery. He's been show with Team USA and in private workouts and team workouts without a hint of any injury. Could just be he had discomfort that was manageable and instead of getting better with time and treatment he needs surgery. Just wish it could happened last month and not this month. If 4 weeks is the timetable, I'd imagine at least another month after that for him to get his touch and conditioning back.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:39 pm
Disappointing for sure and one has to wonder why the delay in surgery. He's been show with Team USA and in private workouts and team workouts without a hint of any injury. Could just be he had discomfort that was manageable and instead of getting better with time and treatment he needs surgery. Just wish it could happened last month and not this month. If 4 weeks is the timetable, I'd imagine at least another month after that for him to get his touch and conditioning back.
Apparently, it just recently started swelling up and that's what triggered surgery.
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Remember the season his feet kept bothering him because his shoes were the wrong size? I think Book doesn't tell the doc about all the little things that bother him.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Total bullshit. He had a boxers fracture repaired it sounds like. He injured it punching something or someone, very little doubt about that.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Shams tweet:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1039272936711094272

Also, Gambo tweeted this yesterday in reply to someone asking why they waited until now for the surgery:

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/1038935027608825856

The fact he says he knew the question would come up and that his response is the truth kinda makes me doubt it more.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:24 pm
Total bullshit. He had a boxers fracture repaired it sounds like. He injured it punching something or someone, very little doubt about that.
Seriously? There's zero evidence to support your guess you somehow have very little doubt about :roll:

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

The truth will eventually leak out. I am fully expecting some story of him getting into an altercation.