Suns Preseason News 2018

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns Preseason News 2018

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:18 am
In2ition wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:24 am
I don't understand how so many think that Jamal Crawford is being brought in as the answer at pg. That makes no sense, and I'm pretty positive that the front office isn't looking at it that way either. He's being brought in for bench help at the sg position. They are still going to do their best to find a starting pg to round out the roster. We all need to stop the hand wringing over Jamal freaking Crawford.
Why are you positive the FO doesn't see it that way? Also, I haven't heard anyone from the current or former FO say that we needed help at the SG position, or even additional veteran leadership on the bench. They have been really vocal about needing to find a PG as their primary focus.
Because you would have had to have stopped watching the NBA, gone into a Rip Van Winkle type of sleep, woke up thinking it's 2008 and be totally unaware that it's 2018 and he's 38 years old to think that they see him as the answer at pg and to stop looking for a starter. Whether you like him or not, his best role is bench sg and teammate. I mean, I would love to be able to play like I did when I was in my 20's, but those days are far behind me.

I'm not saying that the Suns front office are savants or anything, but even Billy Knight would know better. That's like assuming that your dipsh!t brother-in-law is going out and purposely stepping on every piece of gum on the street because they like how it feels when their shoes stick to the ground on every step.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:30 am
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I don't understand how so many think that Jamal Crawford is being brought in as the answer at pg. That makes no sense, and I'm pretty positive that the front office isn't looking at it that way either. He's being brought in for bench help at the sg position. They are still going to do their best to find a starting pg to round out the roster. We all need to stop the hand wringing over Jamal freaking Crawford.
Why are you positive the FO doesn't see it that way? Also, I haven't heard anyone from the current or former FO say that we needed help at the SG position, or even additional veteran leadership on the bench. They have been really vocal about needing to find a PG as their primary focus.
Because you would have had to have stopped watching the NBA, gone into a Rip Van Winkle type of sleep, woke up thinking it's 2008 and be totally unaware that it's 2018 and he's 38 years old to think that they see him as the answer at pg and to stop looking for a starter. Whether you like him or not, his best role is bench sg and teammate. I mean, I would love to be able to play like I did when I was in my 20's, but those days are far behind me.

I'm not saying that the Suns front office are savants or anything, but even Billy Knight would know better. That's like assuming that your dipsh!t brother-in-law is going out and purposely stepping on every piece of gum on the street because they like how it feels when their shoes stick to the ground on every step.
The sad thing is that I can't tell if your first paragraph is enough of an argument to tell me the Suns are not thinking that way.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:30 am
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

When was the last time the Suns knew what a player's best role was and used him there? We have plenty of guys to play minutes at the 2. Some of those guys are the bright up and coming players who are supposed to put us over the top. We are desperately under talented at the 1.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

to all that, OG, i just say pfffft.

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:26 am
Unless I'm missing something, we also haven't signed him yet. We just offered the contract
He has now. Weee.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Someone linked to highlights of rookie Shaq yesterday on Twitter. Watching it, I couldn't help but notice how often his plays were generated by Scott Skiles. We need a Skiles for Ayton. (Crawford is not it).

Cap

Post by Cap »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:18 am
We need a Skiles for Ayton.
Dude, that would be a terrible deal! Skiles is washed! We can’t be trading Ayton for an over-the-hill point guard, even if he does hold the NBA single-game record for assists.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:37 am
Shabazz wrote:
Dude, that would be a terrible deal! Skiles is washed! We can’t be trading Ayton for an over-the-hill point guard, even if he does hold the NBA single-game record for assists.
Yeah, I gotta agree with Cap. Terrible idea, 'Bazz. And we thought 38 was old!
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:40 am
Cap wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:37 am
Shabazz wrote:
Yeah, I gotta agree with Cap. Terrible idea, 'Bazz. And we thought 38 was old!
SDC probably likes it. :P

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Scott Skiles was the George Costanza of the NBA.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Even at 54 years old, he would probably still be better at making an entry pass than any point guard on our roster.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Side news: Clippers trade SF Wesley Johnson to Pelicans for center Alexis Ajinca.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Uncle_Gene wrote:Side news: Clippers trade SF Wesley Johnson to Pelicans for center Alexis Ajinca.
The Pels are desperate for wings with size. I guess the Clippers are equally desperate for centers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:17 am
Uncle_Gene wrote:Side news: Clippers trade SF Wesley Johnson to Pelicans for center Alexis Ajinca.
The Pels are desperate for wings with size. I guess the Clippers are equally desperate for centers.

The Clippers must not have been that desperate, as they supposedly cut Ajinca immediately.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:57 am
O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:17 am

The Clippers must not have been that desperate, as they supposedly cut Ajinca immediately.
Ha!

Split T

Post by Split T »

It saved the clippers money. Ajinca had a smaller salary. Clips had to cut someone, just found a way to save money doing it.