Ryan out as GM

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JCSunsfan

Re: Ryan out as GM

Post by JCSunsfan »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:04 pm
Cap wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:59 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:42 pm
Oh as we are on this overrated topic, I just remembered I was to look for this episode on YouTube

First I saw Zach tweet about it during the game when Book was going off that he wonders what the Booker haters gonna say and then here he was back on the topic again 8-) . Chauncey and T-Mac seemed quite baffled by the whole thing also

[youtube][/youtube]

ooops , somebody kindly give me an assist here. what did I do wrong by the way lol
The YouTube tag on this site doesn’t like the t= parameter. Strip it and and you can embed the video, but you lose the ability to make it start at a particular point.

[youtube][/youtube]

And since it doesn’t start at your desired point, you just tell everybody where to FF to. (In this case, the 1:12 mark.)
But honestly, it's better to watch the whole thing as the first part was about Booker and how good he is. And they all scoffed at analytic dudes who don't think that Devin Booker is good.
I liked T Mac's final quip. They were talking about Ayton getting 6 assists and TMac says "Joel's not doin that"

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:11 am
I liked T Mac's final quip. They were talking about Ayton getting 6 assists and TMac says "Joel's not doin that"
Embiid gonna be mad! :)
"Be Legendary."

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:56 pm
UglyTruth wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:44 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:58 am
People that think Booker would be a 3rd option on a championship caliber team or would trade him in a package with Doncic are OUT OF THEIR MINDS. He can erupt and take over in a game better than any player in the league. He took a close game with Dallas and made it a blow out by the end in a span of 8 minutes. And it wasn't because of his defense, or lack thereof. The insanity around here sometimes is mind boggling with undervaluing Booker.
Wouldn't trade Booker/Ayton but I would consider dealing Jackson for Doncic. Doncic would thrive more in Kokoskov's system than Jackson will, just my opinion.
I don’t even think that’s debatable. There’s no way Dallas would ever agree to that.
If Doncic struggles in Carslisle’s system and needs to be put in Kokoskov’s system to reach his full potential then there could be a deal to be made. Probably won’t be a straight up deal, something like Jackson + 1st rd pick for him but yeah.

Jackson of course would need to play somewhat good basketball as well.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

If Jackson plays well enough to be deemed valuable enough to be traded for Doncic, I’ll keep Jackson. That would mean he did 2/3 things: developed a 3, is playing sound defense, is playing within himself and not forcing shots.

If he is hitting 3s at a good rate and playing solid D, he’s the perfect complement to Ayton and Booker.

If he is playing smart and solid D, he’s still the perfect complement to Ayton and Booker as long as positions 1 and 4 have good shooters.

If he is hitting 3s and playing in control, well then he fits right in with the history of the Suns, and Doncic won’t provide the D he is lacking.

I don’t see any scenario in which both teams would be willing to swap.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yep, let's be happy with what we've got and move forward. You can't get all the best players joining the league every year.
"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:45 pm
If Jackson plays well enough to be deemed valuable enough to be traded for Doncic, I’ll keep Jackson. That would mean he did 2/3 things: developed a 3, is playing sound defense, is playing within himself and not forcing shots.

If he is hitting 3s at a good rate and playing solid D, he’s the perfect complement to Ayton and Booker.

If he is playing smart and solid D, he’s still the perfect complement to Ayton and Booker as long as positions 1 and 4 have good shooters.

If he is hitting 3s and playing in control, well then he fits right in with the history of the Suns, and Doncic won’t provide the D he is lacking.

Yep. Mirotic is teaching us this. The right complementary player can be better than getting a star, especially if you already have a star or two in place.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The only way would be if they draft/sign other great ballhandlers who kind of make Doncic irrelevant, a bit like what may be happening with Lonzo in LA. But it's unlikely.