Game Day: Suns (1-1) @ Warriors (2-1), Mon 10/22/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day: Suns (1-1) @ Warriors (2-1), Mon 10/22/18

Post by Split T »

Ya his shot looks much improved. He obviously won't stay at 57% or probably even 40%, but hitting at 36-38% would be huge.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:16 am
Indy wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:46 am
I know Bender Island only has like 2 people left, but can I just say for the 4 of us that have been on Warren Island for the last couple years... f*** yeah. So far he has been our best overall player this year (I know it has only been 3 games). I certainly hope he isn't our best player after 15 games or so, because that would mean Booker is incredibly inefficient and Ayton isn't learning, but him shooting 57% from 3 with a consistent shot every game is really nice to see.
For those on the island, were you expecting this level of shooting? I never abandoned the island, but I have been in favor of selling it for a new island. I've always appreciated his scoring ability, but never thought he'd be a core piece without picking up his defense or learning to shoot. Props to him for improving both of those. The shooting feels legit and makes me feel a lot better about the 4 spot going forward. Fix the PG spot and we might look pretty good.
Been on that island even before the draft, and have never entertained trading him (can't recall any trade scenarios where I had him moving). I believed in Warren and felt all he needed was continuity to get repetitions which he couldn't get given all the freak injuries he endured. I've been an advocate of Warren at PF (that offensive rebounding) from basically day one. The guy is a true player.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:07 am
Split T wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:16 am
Indy wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:46 am
I know Bender Island only has like 2 people left, but can I just say for the 4 of us that have been on Warren Island for the last couple years... f*** yeah. So far he has been our best overall player this year (I know it has only been 3 games). I certainly hope he isn't our best player after 15 games or so, because that would mean Booker is incredibly inefficient and Ayton isn't learning, but him shooting 57% from 3 with a consistent shot every game is really nice to see.
For those on the island, were you expecting this level of shooting? I never abandoned the island, but I have been in favor of selling it for a new island. I've always appreciated his scoring ability, but never thought he'd be a core piece without picking up his defense or learning to shoot. Props to him for improving both of those. The shooting feels legit and makes me feel a lot better about the 4 spot going forward. Fix the PG spot and we might look pretty good.
Been on that island even before the draft, and have never entertained trading him (can't recall any trade scenarios where I had him moving). I believed in Warren and felt all he needed was continuity to get repetitions which he couldn't get given all the freak injuries he endured. I've been an advocate of Warren at PF (that offensive rebounding) from basically day one. The guy is a true player.
He is quickly proving the doubters (myself included) wrong. Jackson, not one bit of improvement so far which is disappointing.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

This Bender’s island thing, seems like a guilty pleasure. Many call themselves last islander standing, but we are quite a few actually.

I’m all for picking up his options, since it looks unlikely that we are going to be a destination next year. But above all because I have faith on coach Kov to wake Bender up and make hin a useful player.

Bender could be the perfect complement to Ayton and warren in our front court rotation.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:21 am
This Bender’s island thing, seems like a guilty pleasure. Many call themselves last islander standing, but we are quite a few actually.

I’m all for picking up his options, since it looks unlikely that we are going to be a destination next year. But above all because I have faith on coach Kov to wake Bender up and make hin a useful player.

Bender could be the perfect complement to Ayton and warren in our front court rotation.
The idea of Bender could be the perfect complement. He hasn't shown me anything to make me believe he's headed that direction. I'd rather have the cap space to get a PG. I doubt NO let's Mirotic go, but he'd be worth spending some big money on.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Thank you. Thank you.

He’s awful. He may be the biggest bust of all time for the Suns.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:40 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:21 am

The idea of Bender could be the perfect complement. He hasn't shown me anything to make me believe he's headed that direction. I'd rather have the cap space to get a PG. I doubt NO let's Mirotic go, but he'd be worth spending some big money on.
I would decline the option as well. Even if Bender shows something this season, I doubt another team will step in with an offer for $5.9M (the most we'd be able to resign him for if we decline). If we want to bring him back, we could probably get him at $3-4M annually.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

There is a long discussion on the RealGM Celtics board about Bender. They really want him and cannot wait for us to cast him aside. Interesting.

Its about Bender and Jackson. They certainly think that Rozier is a high value trade piece. Starts about half way down the page and goes on for a while.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewto ... start=1700

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

'I would do Mikal Bridges for Terry Rozier' says one ahahhaa. Yeah, and I'd do Mikal Bridges for Jayson Tatum...

They can have Rozier for Bender and some small change (no MIL pick, though), but that's it.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I would send them the Milwaukee pick and Bender. They can have Ariza too.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I still think it’s way too early to give up on bender and am sure there would be interest around the league if we didn’t pick up his option (which for the record I would do). Obviously I would like to see some decent improvement this season and am cautiously optimistic Igor can help make that happen.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

I am not optimistic about Bender, but I would pick up his option too. They need to see it through. He has no real trade value, but he truly has talent.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Truly?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:28 am
No corpses out there policy, so no Anderson
Didn't you hear, Ring? He scored 18 points in a preseason game. He certainly is NOT a corpse.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:55 am
sign a D-Leaguer like Willie Reed.
He's decent, but doesn't he have some bad off the court incident in his past?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
Chandler is Waaaaaaaashed. I don't know that I've ever seen someone with his level of washedness. We're only 3 games into the season and he's moving like a 60-year old. Not to pile on, but he really provides nothing on either end of the floor right now. Buy him out
Buy him out?! NONSENSE. We're all about winning. Plus, Chandler is so perfect for mentoring Ayton.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:22 pm
Shabazz wrote:
sign a D-Leaguer like Willie Reed.
He's decent, but doesn't he have some bad off the court incident in his past?
Not necessarily him. Energy bigs that rebound and defend are not hard to find.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:24 pm
I am not optimistic about Bender, but I would pick up his option too. They need to see it through.
They really don't. Decline the option and get $6 million more in cap space. There are actually worthwhile free agents that address the gargantuan holes in this roster.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Agreed. I want to use Bender but only because of Anderson. At this point he is not worth those 6M at all.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:20 pm
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:28 am
No corpses out there policy, so no Anderson
Didn't you hear, Ring? He scored 18 points in a preseason game. He certainly is NOT a corpse.
I see. Seriously, he makes the late Frye look like prime Kevin Love. Just unplayable.