Game Day: Suns (1-1) @ Warriors (2-1), Mon 10/22/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
The Bobster

Re: Game Day: Suns (1-1) @ Warriors (2-1), Mon 10/22/18

Post by The Bobster »

Spurs beat the Lakers 143-142 in overtime, making the Lakers 0-3 with LeBron.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

What if LeBron gets the #1 pick in the draft? :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

SDC

Post by SDC »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:20 pm
womp womp...

SDC

Post by SDC »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:20 pm
let's make it a 0-4 start then?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

virtual9mm wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:12 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:09 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:07 pm
virtual9mm wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:04 pm
Believe it or not -- I really liked what I saw from Bender today. He didn't do anything except get scored on -- but his body language was good and he was fully in control. He knew what he was supposed to do and did it with confidence. Let's not expect too much of him and see if he is turning the corner.

Indeed, I wonder if it might be time to replace Anderson with Bender in the starting lineup. If Bender sucks, you can always yank him.

In theory, he's the big, mobile, 3-balling, shot-blocking PF that would be perfect next to Ayton. Call me crazy but I'm shifting in favor of extending his contract. Maybe I won't buy a place on Bender Island but maybe open to signing a short-term apartment rental.
Bender had 1 foul and 1 rebound in 3 minutes. That was enough for him to shine for you? I get that Anderson is about the worst player on the team right now but how on earth Bender was able to wow you in 3 minutes is beyond me.
"Wow, thank God that's not Anderson"
It wasn't his productivity, it was his body language and sense of confidence. There's never been anything wrong with Bender's skill set and he's grown into an NBA body. What's always been wrong is his head. Well -- he's been relegated to the deep bench and he came in ready to play, and made a nice entry pass within the flow of the system. Maybe he gets a few minutes up front next time, and he gets to stay in if he plays well.

Edit -- and yes, I would not be saying this if Anderson didn't suck.
V9, Whatever drugs youre on that made you like Benders performance and want to extend him based off pure body language without any actual production or skill- either give me some of those drugs or come over and watch my body language when you get the GM job and sign me up! Lol

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

carey wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:38 pm
Well, what kind of changes would you guys make for the team outside of trading for a PG? Maybe Bender over Ryno? He at least defends some and I don't know that he can shoot any worse than Anderson is. Maybe give Okobo a shot over Canaan?
Warren needs to start at PF, period. No Bender.

Bridges needs more time.

Chandler needs to stop seeing any PT. Holmes should get all the time.

For fucks sake, get a PG and waive Crawford. What the hell was Jones thinking?

Canaan/Okobo
Booker/Jackson
Ariza/Bridges
Warren/Anderson
Ayton/Holmes

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:29 pm
virtual9mm wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:12 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:09 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:07 pm
virtual9mm wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:04 pm
Believe it or not -- I really liked what I saw from Bender today. He didn't do anything except get scored on -- but his body language was good and he was fully in control. He knew what he was supposed to do and did it with confidence. Let's not expect too much of him and see if he is turning the corner.

Indeed, I wonder if it might be time to replace Anderson with Bender in the starting lineup. If Bender sucks, you can always yank him.

In theory, he's the big, mobile, 3-balling, shot-blocking PF that would be perfect next to Ayton. Call me crazy but I'm shifting in favor of extending his contract. Maybe I won't buy a place on Bender Island but maybe open to signing a short-term apartment rental.
Bender had 1 foul and 1 rebound in 3 minutes. That was enough for him to shine for you? I get that Anderson is about the worst player on the team right now but how on earth Bender was able to wow you in 3 minutes is beyond me.
"Wow, thank God that's not Anderson"
It wasn't his productivity, it was his body language and sense of confidence. There's never been anything wrong with Bender's skill set and he's grown into an NBA body. What's always been wrong is his head. Well -- he's been relegated to the deep bench and he came in ready to play, and made a nice entry pass within the flow of the system. Maybe he gets a few minutes up front next time, and he gets to stay in if he plays well.

Edit -- and yes, I would not be saying this if Anderson didn't suck.
V9, Whatever drugs youre on that made you like Benders performance and want to extend him based off pure body language without any actual production or skill- either give me some of those drugs or come over and watch my body language when you get the GM job and sign me up! Lol
Pseudonephrine lol

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

The imbalance on this roster is crazy. We're set at the 2 and 5 (assuming Holmes takes over as backup), but we have zero reliable players at the 1 and 4. Good thing we have four SFs?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:38 pm
Well, what kind of changes would you guys make for the team outside of trading for a PG? Maybe Bender over Ryno? He at least defends some and I don't know that he can shoot any worse than Anderson is. Maybe give Okobo a shot over Canaan?
Start Booker-Bridges-Ariza-Warren-Ayton. Okobo-Jackson-Bender/Holmes. Canaan/Melton.

No corpses out there policy, so no Anderson, Chandler or Jamal.

TJ at PF half his playing time and Bender-Holmes backing up PF/C. Less Canaan (30mpg? Come on) and more Okobo, don't care how raw. More Bridges. Jackson on the block.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:23 pm
He'll trade it for Lillard or something.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:31 am
JeremyG wrote:
Sounds familiar. Although I would still rather have Love over Wiggins.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:45 am
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:31 am
JeremyG wrote:
Sounds familiar. Although I would still rather have Love over Wiggins.
Agreed. LeBron/Cleveland got killed by many for that trade but in the end it was the right call. They have a ring to show for it and Wiggins is not a franchise player. Love is not one either, but that's another story, and you have to take in mind that his numbers were going to suffer one way or another alongside Bron and another dominant scorer (see Chris Bosh during the Heatles). I am sure nobody in CLE regrets that trade at all. Wiggins' max contract, on the other hand...
Last edited by Ring_Wanted on Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Chandler is Waaaaaaaashed. I don't know that I've ever seen someone with his level of washedness. We're only 3 games into the season and he's moving like a 60-year old. Not to pile on, but he really provides nothing on either end of the floor right now. Buy him out, let him go the Lakers and sign a D-Leaguer like Willie Reed.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:55 am
Chandler is Waaaaaaaashed. I don't know that I've ever seen someone with his level of washedness. We're only 3 games into the season and he's moving like a 60-year old. Not to pile on, but he really provides nothing on either end of the floor right now. Buy him out, let him go the Lakers and sign a D-Leaguer like Willie Reed.
This was evident two years ago. Last season at the very least.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Chandler has said he won't accept any DNPs this season since it's contract year for him and next summer will be his last time to cash in.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We got whacked tonight, but I liked a lot of what I saw overall. The defense was atrocious for much of the game and that pissed me off, but Ayton had a great game, and Warren continues to look like a new man. Warren is either our 2nd best or 3rd best player depending on the night.

JOSH JACKSON IS A NET NEGATIVE. 1-5 shooting, 3 points, 1 assist, 1 rebound. Every shot he put up looked like it was going to clank. And he has a hitch in his shot again.

I don't want to see Ryan Anderson get starter minutes. Put either Bender or Warren there. We shouldn't give up on Bender yet. The talent is in there; if we give him a role it may come out more often.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I just don't understand how we can be coming out with no energy. the transition defense was so poor and hearing Igor/Book and others saying they went in to the game with it as a point of emphasis really bothers me because how can you not be locked in/focused to start the game....
off nights from 3 or half court execution not being there in games I would be more understanding but that's 2 outta 3 our effort wasn't good enough. we only gonna play with energy at home ?? :?
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:02 am
We got whacked tonight, but I liked a lot of what I saw overall. The defense was atrocious for much of the game and that pissed me off, but Ayton had a great game, and Warren continues to look like a new man. Warren is either our 2nd best or 3rd best player depending on the night.

JOSH JACKSON IS A NET NEGATIVE. 1-5 shooting, 3 points, 1 assist, 1 rebound. Every shot he put up looked like it was going to clank. And he has a hitch in his shot again.

I don't want to see Ryan Anderson get starter minutes. Put either Bender or Warren there. We shouldn't give up on Bender yet. The talent is in there; if we give him a role it may come out more often.
This seems extremely contradictory unless you’re being sarcastic with the latter of the bolded. Because Ayton is the primary reason why the defense was atrocious for most of the game.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ayton wasn't great, but the primary reason was nobody getting back on defense or grabbing a rebound. Ayton doesn't know when to help and when to stay put yet and GS took advantage of that last night.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

UglyTruth wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:52 am
Chandler has said he won't accept any DNPs this season since it's contract year for him and next summer will be his last time to cash in.
Wait, what? Cash in? There isn't a team out there that would offer him more than a vet minimum. That would to just be to collect DNP's or use in an emergency. His only value is mentoring.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."