2019 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Thread

Post by INFORMER »

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1129838451585638400

Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Coincidence one of our new development coaches is from Gonzaga?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't know what deals would realistically be available to the Suns this summer.

Would a deal be available for AD?

DLo in a sign & trade?

Kyrie in a sign & trade or clear cap to sign him?

Deal for Beal?

Or sign Kemba?

Do you just take bpa at #6 and do some smart signings and possible deals that come along, hope for the best and just try again next year?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:47 pm
Do you just take bpa at #6 and do some smart signings and possible deals that come along, hope for the best and just try again next year?
Yes.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:39 pm
I hope not.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:46 pm
ShelC wrote:
I hope not.
I thought you liked Clarke, INF?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I do. That is why I hope it is NOT a coincidence. I hope the front office was impressed by Brandon Clarke's improvement, did research into Gonzaga's development program, and found something special in the work of Fois.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:14 pm
I do. That is why I hope it is NOT a coincidence. I hope the front office was impressed by Brandon Clarke's improvement, did research into Gonzaga's development program, and found something special in the work of Fois.
I misunderstood what you were saying, my fault.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

ShelC wrote:
haha they said the same last year with out HC and Doncic. If it is the Suns, it's a wildcard.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Been watching the Combine and Isaiah Roby's caught my eye.

6-8 1/2, 215 (looks/plays bigger) with a 7-1 wingspan and that inside-out game. Aggressive in the post, can put the ball on the floor from the 3pt line, and looks really good shooting the 3 even tho he hit just 30%. 3 year player at Nebraska so he's a bit older, more mature and coached up. Reminds me of Kuzma and fits into that 4/3 type of player we need in that Kuz, Thad Young, Aminu/Harkless role. Right now he's my pick for #32 if we keep our picks and don't trade. I could see him sliding into the end of the 1st round tho.

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/isaiah-roby

Split T

Post by Split T »

Roby could be an option at 32. I also like Cam Johnson or Grant Williams, but I think they both go 1st round. Darius Bazely would be intriguing. Chuma Okeke, Dylan Windler, Carsen Edwards, Talen Horton-Tucker and Luka Samancic are others I’m looking at.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:50 pm
ShelC wrote:
haha they said the same last year with out HC and Doncic. If it is the Suns, it's a wildcard.
In the Suns defense, what they've done last year or the few years prior doesn't make any difference on this year with a whole new front office.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:46 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:47 pm
Yes.
At this moment I think this might be the best road to take. I really like Clarke's fit next to Ayton and on the Suns and think he's probably the bpa, hopefully.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Im a huge Auburn fan. If ChumA Okeke fully recovers from his injury he'd be a steal at 32 n a great fit next to Ayton. He won't be able to play until next Jan/Feb but that's not that important to us. He would of been a top 15 pick next yr at the rate he was improving.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Williams and Paschall have been on the radar and fit the "undersized PF that can stretch the floor" bill. Kyle Guy is a 6-2 guard Dylan Windler is a 6-8 200 swing who can shoot it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Grant Williams is my favorite of those, I don’t think he gets out of the first round though. Windler would be nice, he’s a top 3 shooter in this draft and could maybe play some small ball 4. He was a good rebounder in college.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:18 pm
Grant Williams is my favorite of those, I don’t think he gets out of the first round though. Windler would be nice, he’s a top 3 shooter in this draft and could maybe play some small ball 4. He was a good rebounder in college.
Does Grant Williams remind anyone of Brian Grant?

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

In2ition wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:33 pm
Split T wrote:
A little bit, but his lack of athleticism made me think of a Jared Dudley type. I'm not all that impressed. Paschall reminds me a little bit of Rodney Rogers or Corliss WIlliamson. I love how fast Kyle Guy's release is: he'd be a good fit next to Booker at PG. He's not a distributor, but he'd really help stretch the floor.

But, overall, looking at Windler's stroke, and rebounding rate (insane for 6'8 guy), and how well he played in the NCAA tournament, I think he's likely to be BPA at 32 given he has the two skills that translate best into the NBA (shooting and rebounding) in spades. Literally, he was the 10th best rebounder in the NCAA last year, AND and insane Adj. FG% (for a shooter outside the paint) of .657. Oh, and 55th in total 3 PMs, to go with a 43% 3 point shooting percentage and a 54% shooting percentage overall, and a high FT percentage.

Makes me think a little bit of a Kyle Korver type: the kid will stick in the league just for his shooting, and the rebounding is a bonus.

Drafting him makes it a lot easier to move Warren and Jackson, and even to let Oubre go if he wants 15M a year.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wormwood wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:11 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:33 pm
Split T wrote:
A little bit, but his lack of athleticism made me think of a Jared Dudley type. I'm not all that impressed. Paschall reminds me a little bit of Rodney Rogers or Corliss WIlliamson. I love how fast Kyle Guy's release is: he'd be a good fit next to Booker at PG. He's not a distributor, but he'd really help stretch the floor.

But, overall, looking at Windler's stroke, and rebounding rate (insane for 6'8 guy), and how well he played in the NCAA tournament, I think he's likely to be BPA at 32 given he has the two skills that translate best into the NBA (shooting and rebounding) in spades. Literally, he was the 10th best rebounder in the NCAA last year, AND and insane Adj. FG% (for a shooter outside the paint) of .657. Oh, and 55th in total 3 PMs, to go with a 43% 3 point shooting percentage and a 54% shooting percentage overall, and a high FT percentage.

Makes me think a little bit of a Kyle Korver type: the kid will stick in the league just for his shooting, and the rebounding is a bonus.

Drafting him makes it a lot easier to move Warren and Jackson, and even to let Oubre go if he wants 15M a year.
I would love for Ty Jerome to fall to the Suns at 32, but I kind of doubt he will. I figure the same with Windler. I'm not a big fan of Williams. Good college player that I don't think transfers to the NBA.