2019 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Split T »

If we keep the pick, I go

1. Clarke
2. Hunter
3. Garland

Garland could move up...he’s the big question mark to me. Culver would be next for me.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Culver is a guy I really want nothing to do with. I honestly don't think he's that good and he's undersized for the wing.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:35 pm
Culver is a guy I really want nothing to do with. I honestly don't think he's that good and he's undersized for the wing.
He’s bigger than his measurements say. I cooled on him during the 2nd half of the season as he struggled a lot. But I think he’s gonna measure out 6’7..he can handle, pass and shoot a bit. I don’t love him though.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:50 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:35 pm
He’s bigger than his measurements say. I cooled on him during the 2nd half of the season as he struggled a lot. But I think he’s gonna measure out 6’7..he can handle, pass and shoot a bit. I don’t love him though.
He's a SG, right? Not a 3? 6-6 or 6-7 don't seem too small.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s currently listed at 6’5...but there’s a lot of talk that he’s still growing and could be 6’7 to 6’8

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:00 pm
He’s currently listed at 6’5...but there’s a lot of talk that he’s still growing and could be 6’7 to 6’8
Ah, I saw him at 6-6 a few places.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The way I see it, if you're thinking of taking a guy who's on the lower end of size for his position, he better have the potential to be a fantastic shooter.

That's not Culver.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:If we keep the pick, I go

1. Clarke
2. Hunter
3. Garland

Garland could move up...he’s the big question mark to me. Culver would be next for me.
Hunter makes a lot of sense. He's going to be a modern 4 and he defends his ass off. From what I know of Monty he seems like the kind of player Williams would love.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I can't help but be biased when my strongest memory of Hunter was how poorly he played against Oregon in the tournament. He was matched up against Wooten and King, who will probably be PFs in the NBA.

carey

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I can't help but be biased when my strongest memory of Hunter was how poorly he played against Oregon in the tournament. He was matched up against Wooten and King, who will probably be PFs in the NBA.
You could be right. Maybe I can go back and find that game to watch. He looked really good all the games I saw but I don't watch a ton of college basketball. Virginia was on a lot though.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:04 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:00 pm
Ah, I saw him at 6-6 a few places.
I guarantee Culver will measure out at 6'8". He's not small at all.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Yeah, I'm not sure how Culver is undersized. He has prototypical wing size.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:46 pm
I can't help but be biased when my strongest memory of Hunter was how poorly he played against Oregon in the tournament. He was matched up against Wooten and King, who will probably be PFs in the NBA.
He was fantastic in the 2nd half of the title game

SDC

Post by SDC »

rj barrett should go to the knicks

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I have no interest in SGs, SFs, or PGs who are really SGs or PFs who are really SFs. We need impact players at PG and PF. If that's through the draft, fine. If not, trade the pick and get better. This draft is weak and heavy on swingmen, which we don't need.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

PHX endures almost the worst. The West adds to its talent pool. Nothing new under Sun. Heh.

Would you trade #6, Meth, Jackson and Okobo for Blake Griffin?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't know....Griffin just can't stay healthy, doesn't help our defense, and we'd still need to move Warren and find a PG. If they threw in their 15th pick and we could find another taker for Warren then maybe? Just a ton of money owed to him.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:13 am
PHX endures almost the worst. The West adds to its talent pool. Nothing new under Sun. Heh.

Would you trade #6, Meth, Jackson and Okobo for Blake Griffin?
I think we all know that unless we were to sign some crazy FA like Durant we are not going to be in the playoffs next year, and hoping to be a bubble team the year after. If that is the case, does this deal make us a better team in two years? I agree that giving up Jackson is meaningless, and Tyler will be gone by then anyway. So the question is, does #6 in this draft and Okobo yield better team results in 3 years, or does getting Blake (and his 3 yrs/110M contract) for the next 3 years?

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote: I think we all know that unless we were to sign some crazy FA like Durant we are not going to be in the playoffs next year, and hoping to be a bubble team the year after. If that is the case, does this deal make us a better team in two years? I agree that giving up Jackson is meaningless, and Tyler will be gone by then anyway. So the question is, does #6 in this draft and Okobo yield better team results in 3 years, or does getting Blake (and his 3 yrs/110M contract) for the next 3 years?
Adding someone like Darren Collison along with Blake Griffin to a Booker-Bridges-Oubre-Ayton core actually makes us a basketball team. I would do it and hope the training staff could heal the bloke.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Josh, ?, 3 #1's and our #6 for the #2?

Draft Ja...