Game Day: Suns (1-4) @ Thunder (0-4), Sun 10/28/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Game Day: Suns (1-4) @ Thunder (0-4), Sun 10/28/18

Post by carey »

Love the 18 & 8 from my guy.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I guess I'm not the only one who stopped watching
Was checking SNF but Okobo line sure looks good, wondering if Thunder just switched off or if we did play a good 4th quarter
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Okobo is having a nice night. Let's not get crazy if he struggles next time out. He's a rook and a second rounder. But he'll be good if keeps his head up and keeps working like he has tonight.

Bridges continues to build. He'll be either a starter or the 6th man by the allstar break . for sure. By next week if Ariza and Josh continue to "impress".

Ayton is so good. I take back all the things I said about him leading up to the draft.

I would put Jackson in a suit for the next game. Tell him to watch from the sidelines. He's in club Bender until he is ready to defend, rebound, drive, pass, run the break, and shoot only when someone else sets him up.

Warren continues ot be Warren but with a 3pt shot. I do like his scoring, and the shooting is nice, but I predict that at some point y'all are going to get real tired of his lack of passing or rebounding. His improved defense is not as good as the rookies.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We are officially the worst team in the league. We made Noel look like all-world. Pathetic.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:31 pm
Okobo
Booker
Bridges
Warren
Ayton

That’s needs to be the starting 5 going forward.
One good game is all it takes for Okobo to earn the starting spot, because it’s one more good game than any of the other guys have ever had.

Well, in Crawford’s case, I can’t say ever. Call it one more good game than any of the other guys have had in the past several years.
Last edited by Cap on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Xylus wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:18 pm
carey wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:14 pm
Has Ayton really played 30 minutes at C attempting 14 shots without being fouled? I mean.....
13 attempts yesterday without a call
Ayton doesn't shoot if someone is touching him. He seems to avoid risky plays that could end up in a foul, whether that's blocks or dunking through a defender. Dunno if that is coaching or his own playing style.
Last edited by O_Gardino on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Fire Igor !
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:07 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:15 pm
Man, you have low expectations. Why can't we hope to be competitive and not get blown out in the first half of every game?
I had a feeling this would be a rough year. So I've been trying not to expect more than our very young players are able to deliver, and to focus on the positives. Having 1-2 young studs like Booker and Ayton is actually a pretty good starting point for a rebuild. But it doesn't happen overnight. I just hope Coachoskov realizes pretty soon that this team will be better off if he plays the young guys the bulk of the minutes.
Gotta give it up to you for the good attitude. I expected the team to be a lot better than they are and not get blown out every night. Boy, was I wrong.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Democritus wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:39 pm
Fire Igor !
Really?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:53 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:07 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:15 pm
Man, you have low expectations. Why can't we hope to be competitive and not get blown out in the first half of every game?
I had a feeling this would be a rough year. So I've been trying not to expect more than our very young players are able to deliver, and to focus on the positives. Having 1-2 young studs like Booker and Ayton is actually a pretty good starting point for a rebuild. But it doesn't happen overnight. I just hope Coachoskov realizes pretty soon that this team will be better off if he plays the young guys the bulk of the minutes.
Gotta give it up to you for the good attitude. I expected the team to be a lot better than they are and not get blown out every night. Boy, was I wrong.
I thought so, too. But the season is long, and the Suns' schedule has been heavy on good teams, even those playing with a horrible start (Lakers, OKC).

I am worried because I thought that the road trips against good teams would be the time for the team to find its identity and gel -- or to fall apart. Looks like they are falling apart.

If Kokoskov wants to maintain leadership he needs to bench the veterans right now, and play the players who want to play hard (e.g. Okobo, Bridges). Run a 7-man rotation if you have to for a couple of games. If you play hard, you play. If you don't play hard, you sit.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Okobo with a huge stat line. I missed the game, how’d he look? Was his good play the reason Canaan only played 6 minutes?

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:29 pm
Okobo with a huge stat line. I missed the game, how’d he look? Was his good play the reason Canaan only played 6 minutes?
In fairness to Canaan, Okobo looked good but he was also left wide open quite often. He also had some nifty cuts in the lane & showed a willingness to pass the ball.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Might as well start Okobo from here out. He's more part of the future than Canaan.

I can't watch anymore Chandler. I can't. He's taken years off my life and we're only a handful of games in. There's no way Holmes would come in and play worse. He does nothing. He can't guard anything. Can't box out. Can't catch a pass.

It seems actually challenging for Ryan Anderson remain upright after releasing his shot. I don't know how he manages to look like he's going to crumple to the ground each time but dammit he's consistent at it.

Not sure Igor is up to the task of fixing everything that is wrong with this team. Not saying we need to look elsewhere but so far he's looked outmatched.

What a beating.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

The organization doesn't want to stop playing the veterans even for the benefit of the team.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:31 pm
Okobo
Booker
Bridges
Warren
Ayton

That’s needs to be the starting 5 going forward.
I second this lineup. On top of this, but maybe they should try Bender in front of Anderson and Holmes in front of Chandler going forward. I'm ok with Ariza backing up or even starting at the sf, but they need to play Bridges and Warren and I hope to never see Canaan again. Can we trade Canaan, Chandler and Anderson for Love? ;)
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:29 pm
Okobo got a chance because Canaan went out with a sprained ankle.
"Be Legendary."

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

iLLmatic wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:56 pm
The organization doesn't want to stop playing the veterans even for the benefit of the team.
Jackson got loads of time last season when it really wasn't warranted. How is that looking? Perhaps it IS for the benefit of the team for Igor to put them in for limited time. Allow a play/evaluate/improve process instead of allowing negative reinforcement. Maybe, maybe not. I mean, he is the one with nearly two decades of experience.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This team is in serious need of energy and effort. This would be my lineup until it doesn't work.

Okobo/Melton/Canaan
Booker/Daniels/Crawford
Ariza/Bridges/Jackson
Warren/Bender/Anderson
Ayton/Holmes/Chandler

Let those guys on the 3rd string play garbage minutes, because that's what they've given the team so far.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

Didnt get to see this one but it looks like we sucked again. Neat.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

you didn't miss anything significant. Ayton didn't play great and that's essentially all I'm looking for nowadays.