Around the League: Week of 3/2-3/9

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Around the League: Week of 3/2-3/9

Post by carey »

Anyone catch the Knicks/Bulls game yesterday? It's great to see DJ Augustin (from my Alma Mater) playing well, but how do you play the PG position and not score a single assist while Noah has 13 of them from the C position? That's kind of mind boggling, but then again, nothing about the Bulls is really ordinary. They lost their best player to injury, traded away their 2nd best player for nothing, and somehow still win games and are still the 2nd or 3rd best defensive team in the league.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Re: Around the League: Week of 3/2-3/9

Post by carey »

Mark Cuban on why the D-League is better for prospects than the NCAA: Here
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

Though Cuban's flat refusal to defend & the dismantling of his Championship team was a reprehensible act that went unpunished by Media.

He's a fake. A gadabout, a country club sissy boy.

EDC

Post by EDC »

I dunno. I don't think that team had much of a shot the next year and it would have doomed them salary cap wise. I think the biggest problem wasn't the refusal to resign Chandler but instead the inability of the team to find a decent replacement the next two years. They struck out pretty hard in the free agent market in back to back off seasons.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I would have been pretty disappointed if I was a Mavs fan too. I thought he would have tried to go all in on defending, but he thought he was going to be able to get both Deron Williams and Dwight Howard to play alongside Dirk. I just didn't understand why he thought that. I would have thought that Cuban would have had better insider information than that.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

From a non Mavs fan perspective I agreed with the direction they took. That title was not going to be repeated and they tried their luck with top free agents, but Deron and Howard passed and the rest is history. Mediocre history, that's it.

At least they have one title and one epic run by Dirk to show for it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think you are right, about them not winning the title again. I just would have liked to see them try again. I also would have like to see the Bulls try for the 4th title in a row, instead of selling off after the 6th. At least let them lose on the court instead of losing in the front office.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

Nash likely won't play rest of the year: Here
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's hard to say whether that Mavs team would have been a contender the following year if they'd been kept together. But it's a huge bummer to have a championship team and not even try to run it back the next year. I like a lot of what Cuban has done, but he's made some decisions I don't agree with. One of them, of course, helped us immensely: letting Nash walk so he could sign Erick Dampier and Jason Terry. LOL. :-)

carey

Post by carey »

Well, King James put on a show tonight. 22-33 from the field for 61 points. 8-10 from 3, 9-12 from the line.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:Well, King James put on a show tonight. 22-33 from the field for 61 points. 8-10 from 3, 9-12 from the line.
ESPN just exploded.

And Michael Kidd-Gilchrist just retired.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Haha wow, INF, I totally took you literally for a second on that n googled MKG for the announcement. :oops:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Well, King James put on a show tonight. 22-33 from the field for 61 points. 8-10 from 3, 9-12 from the line.
I guess he didn't like Goran getting MVP chants.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:Haha wow, INF, I totally took you literally for a second on that n googled MKG for the announcement. :oops:
LOL!! :lol:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

I was reading realgm about where Dragic ranks among the top 5 PGs, and on what planet is CP3 not the best PG in the league? I didn't think it was possible for him to be underrated.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Concerning Adam Silver:

I wish he would stay away from all the gimmicky ideas of a play-in tournament and a 4-point line. The NBA doesn't need that stuff.

Concentrate on reducing the back-to-backs, improving the officiating, and making adjustments to the draft lottery.

TOO

Post by TOO »

If you reduce B2B wouldn't that make the long season longer?

I agree on the ridiculous play in idea and the even worse 4 pointer, Ugh. If you wanna play a tourney, take the bottom 8 teams and have a tourney for the lottery order, winner gets 1 and so on.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:If you reduce B2B wouldn't that make the long season longer?
Not significantly.

Reduce the number of preseason games, as well as how long it takes to play them.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What a crazy game. What is Durant's career high? This is higher, yes?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Numbers Never Lie
‏@ESPN_Numbers
LeBron scored 49% of his 61 pts on Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. On Jan 24th, @CarmeloAnthony scored 40% of his 62 pts while defended by @MKG14.