Game Day: Spurs (4-2) @ Suns (1-5), Wed 10/31/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Game Day: Spurs (4-2) @ Suns (1-5), Wed 10/31/18

Post by Superbone »

Time: 7:30 pm AZ (7:30 pm PT/10:30 pm ET)
Place: Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix, AZ
TV: FSAZ, ESPN

The lovable Spurs come to town. Devin Booker is doubtful as are our chances of winning. Hoping to see Okobo shine along with Ayton.

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss
"Be Legendary."

gosuns

Re: Game Day: Spurs (4-2) @ Suns (1-5), Wed 10/31/18

Post by gosuns »

Say my name!

We need this W! Hope Devin comes back at 100 %, start Okobo, more Bridges. Ayton goes for 30 and 8, Warren hits all his threes.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Just win somehow. Doesn't matter how. Do something.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

We're gonna get smoked.

I just hope we see less Ryan Anderson, Tyson Chandler and Jamal Crawford.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:07 am
We're gonna get smoked.

But they've earned those minutes!

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:06 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
We're gonna get smoked.

...in 2008.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:06 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
We're gonna get smoked.

My guess is that Chandler and Crawford won’t see meaningful minutes. By the time they check into the game late in the 1st, it’ll be over.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

25-12-5 night for Ayton, you bet your sweet Aspercreme

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm glad that the Spurs have not been bad this season. I felt bad for how Kawhi forced his way out of there and messed up their team. I was relieved that DeRozan has been so good to start the year; I worried that he would be depressed to be traded out of Toronto. The Spurs deserved for DeMar to be good like this so that they could have a good season and recover from the loss of Kawhi.

Just in general I really hate it when stars try to pout their way off of small-market teams. I didn't like Durant leaving OKC, I don't like Paul George leaving Indiana, nor Boogie leaving NOP, nor Kawhi leaving SAS.

Shouldn't Ayton have a monster game against the Spurs? Their centers are like 40 years old, right? Don't they play Pau Gasol there? Will Aldridge guard Ayton?

I would still generally expect a loss if Booker is out. But maybe Coachoskov could play the young guys a bit more, please?

Suns_Dave

Post by Suns_Dave »

Not expecting a win tonight, just looking for some solid progress. I want to see a focus from Igor and crew on fundamentals, defensive assignments, executing on offense. We're still a long way off from looking like a competent NBA team.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:37 am
I'm glad that the Spurs have not been bad this season. I felt bad for how Kawhi forced his way out of there and messed up their team. I was relieved that DeRozan has been so good to start the year; I worried that he would be depressed to be traded out of Toronto. The Spurs deserved for DeMar to be good like this so that they could have a good season and recover from the loss of Kawhi.

Just in general I really hate it when stars try to pout their way off of small-market teams. I didn't like Durant leaving OKC, I don't like Paul George leaving Indiana, nor Boogie leaving NOP, nor Kawhi leaving SAS.

Shouldn't Ayton have a monster game against the Spurs? Their centers are like 40 years old, right? Don't they play Pau Gasol there? Will Aldridge guard Ayton?

I would still generally expect a loss if Booker is out. But maybe Coachoskov could play the young guys a bit more, please?
I didn't like when the Sonics were stolen from Seattle. Durant didn't have a choice when they moved to OKC. Boogie left NOP because they didn't want to give him a big contract after he tore his ACL. Paul George...that wasn't great, but it worked out better for Indiana. We really don't know the whole story on Kawhi.

I don't like the Spurs and I don't want them to be good. I don't understand this mentality. I hope they suck.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

BTW, I think the Spurs win going away. It's not going to look good for Igor, but the Spurs always beat bad teams. They feast on the teams they should beat, and compete with the tough teams.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

I think it is interesting you typically side with billionaire owners versus the players that make them billionaires. The Spurs have a long history of convincing players to take less money "for the good of the team." Really, that just means so that the owner can make more money. That is like Google or Microsoft saying, "come work here for less money that you can make elsewhere. It will be good for M$/Google in the long term, and then you can put on your resume that you worked here. But as soon as you are not worth your market rate, we are going to say goodbye."

I don't get that mentality. For the players, this is their job, and most that even get to the point of being a top 1% player in the world still only get to work for a decade. They shouldn't be thought of as a problem to say they want their full market value, and if a team doesn't want to give it to them, or tries to tell them "we would love to pay you what you are worth, but then we can't pay other players to come here and help us make more money," they have every right to say they want to change departments.

LVSunsFAN

Post by LVSunsFAN »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:10 am
I don't like the Spurs and I don't want them to be good. I don't understand this mentality. I hope they suck.
Or better yet, I hope they get mired in mediocrity for the next decade; not bad enough to get a high draft pick that turns the franchise back around, not good enough to do anything past competing to be cannon fodder as an 8th seed.
They have been too lucky for too long.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Xylus wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:18 am
Please share your brand. Mine's got a bitter taste.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Suns_Dave wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:07 am
Not expecting a win tonight, just looking for some solid progress. I want to see a focus from Igor and crew on fundamentals, defensive assignments, executing on offense. We're still a long way off from looking like a competent NBA team.
CUT DOWN THE TURNOVERS!!!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
You feel bad for the Spurs?! Ah, poor little babies. They can suck a nut for all I care.
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Xylus wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:18 am
Is Aspercreme really sweet? I've never tasted it. Maybe I'll give it a try.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I think the Suns will have a tough time getting the ball to Ayton tonight. The Spurs will try to bait the perimeter players into taking tough jumpers. This will be a real test of maturity. Can the Suns work the offense and get the ball to Ayton? Can they move without the ball and get open where the ball can find them?
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:22 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
You feel bad for the Spurs?! Ah, poor little babies. They can suck a nut for all I care.
Warriors fans don’t have the same hatred I guess