Project our wins (Q1 of 2018/19 season)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

How many of the first 20 games will we win?

5%
9%
27%
23%
5 (or more)
36%

Total votes: 22

pickle

Re: Project our wins (Q1 of 2018/19 season)

Post by pickle »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:49 pm
I went wildly optimistic with 3. I never would have dreamed that we would be the worst team in the league going into this season. That first game did us all a disservice for our expectations as well.
'Bone, I've always loved how you are positive and optimistic. I guess the team has let me down so much in the past that I'll never have positive expectations until they can prove it to me. The first game, I didn't buy at all, because so many guys averaged so many assists. I know there's this whole new offense being installed but I had no faith whatsoever that we could buy into it and execute it so quickly. But I still had no idea just how discombobulated we really are. So yeah... even when I kept my expectations deliberately low I was still disappointed.

But that's okay, my expectations this season was tangible evidence of player development to buy into the Kokoskov hype. The jury is still out, but TJ has improved one facet of his game. Hopefully JJ can have a pulse, Mikal can develop some confidence, and Booker can develop a better play making or defensive game. Also would be nice if Ayton could learn to play D.

Then we can hope that we somehow land the #1 pick overall and get RJ Barrett. Then I'm ready to watch the next great NBA dynasty.

Indy

Post by Indy »

So for those saying 5 or more, which of these 4 games are we going to win?

v MEM
v BYK
v BOS
@ NOP
@ OKC
v SAS
v OKC
@ PHI
@ CHI
@ MIL
@ DET
v IND

I think we can beat BYK at home, and maybe beat CHI on the road. Then maybe win one other, if things all go really well.

(I really hope we win @ DET because I was crazy and bought front row seats next to the visitor tunnel for my family as well as an Ayton jersey for me and a Booker jersey for my son.)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:19 am

v MEM
v BYK
v BOS
@ NOP
@ OKC
v SAS
v OKC
@ PHI
@ CHI
@ MIL
@ DET
v IND

I think we can beat BYK at home, and maybe beat CHI on the road. Then maybe win one other, if things all go really well.

(I really hope we win @ DET because I was crazy and bought front row seats next to the visitor tunnel for my family as well as an Ayton jersey for me and a Booker jersey for my son.)
Our next game at home against Memphis is possible.
"Be Legendary."

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Indy wrote:

v MEM
v BYK
v BOS
@ NOP
@ OKC
v SAS
v OKC
@ PHI
@ CHI
@ MIL
@ DET
v IND

Looks pretty bleak when you spell it out like this. I voted 5 wins and I'll stick by it:

v MEM
v OKC
@ PHI
@ CHI

The only games that look virtually unwinnable are:

v BOS - Celtics are too good
v SAS - Extremely well-coached
@ MIL - They're rolling this year

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:12 am
Indy wrote:

v MEM
v BYK
v BOS
@ NOP
@ OKC
v SAS
v OKC
@ PHI
@ CHI
@ MIL
@ DET
v IND

Everything is possible.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:27 am
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

v MEM
v BYK
v BOS
@ NOP
@ OKC
v SAS
v OKC
@ PHI
@ CHI
@ MIL
@ DET
v IND

Everything is possible.
You know what I mean. It sounded like you were asking a question in your post. I guess not.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:42 pm
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

v MEM
v BYK
v BOS
@ NOP
@ OKC
v SAS
v OKC
@ PHI
@ CHI
@ MIL
@ DET
v IND

Everything is possible.
You know what I mean. It sounded like you were asking a question in your post. I guess not.
I was. Were you saying you think the odds of winning that game are better than 50/50? Or were you adding to my list? Seriously asking which 4 games we will win. I do think MEM is possible.

Indy

Post by Indy »

By the way, I went with 2, but I will admit that is probably low. I just couldn't go right down the middle in the poll at 3, and 4 seemed too high.

carey

Post by carey »

Voted 4 even after the last 7 games of blehhhhh. So we need to go 3-9 over the next 12. We can do it!

Though I just looked at the schedule and the only bad teams we are playing over that stretch are Brooklyn, Chicago and... Detroit? Wait I need to change my pick.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Memphis is 5-2 with 3 of those wins coming against playoff teams.

Right now, you have to look at the Suns as the underdog in every single game. There are no teams they should beat. In preseason, I picked them to be better than about 7 teams. Maybe they can get there, but it will take a huge change in heart from this team.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:36 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:42 pm
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

v MEM
v BYK
v BOS
@ NOP
@ OKC
v SAS
v OKC
@ PHI
@ CHI
@ MIL
@ DET
v IND

Everything is possible.
I was. Were you saying you think the odds of winning that game are better than 50/50? Or were you adding to my list? Seriously asking which 4 games we will win. I do think MEM is possible.
I was adding to your list. So, that would be 3 more wins totaling 4. However, I voted 3 not including our opening night win.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Indy wrote:

v MEM
v BYK
v BOS
@ NOP
@ OKC
v SAS
v OKC
@ PHI
@ CHI
@ MIL
@ DET
v IND

So we have 8 games left in the first quarter of the season. Any of these look like close games? Any we might win?

@ OKC (7-5, 4-2 at home)
v SAS (7-4, 2-2 on the road)
v OKC (7-5, 3-3 on the road)
@ PHI (8-6, 7-0 at home)
@ CHI (5-7, 2-5 at home)
@ MIL (10-3, 6-0 at home)
@ DET (6-6, 3-3 at home)
v IND (8-6, 5-3 on the road)

I think our best chance is at DET, and then we out-perform any other game we have played this year, and beat OKC tonight. We go into the 2nd quarter of the season at 4-16.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

I've got wins in @PHI and @CHI to end the quarter 5-15. The Philly game seems like a longshot but we win a few games like that every year. If the Suns play with the same level of effort they showed against the Spurs, we can compete in all 6 of the remaining games.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Xylus wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:04 am
I've got wins in @PHI and @CHI to end the quarter 5-15. The Philly game seems like a longshot but we win a few games like that every year. If the Suns play with the same level of effort they showed against the Spurs, we can compete in all 6 of the remaining games.
If they showed that level of effort, we could compete in every game we have. We just have 10 out of 14 games where they didn't show effort half of what they showed against SAS. Let's hope they turned a corner... and Ariza doesn't start any more.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:20 am
Xylus wrote:
If they showed that level of effort, we could compete in every game we have. We just have 10 out of 14 games where they didn't show effort half of what they showed against SAS. Let's hope they turned a corner... and Ariza doesn't start any more.
It’s time for Ariza to win a free cruise or something.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:27 am
Indy wrote:
Xylus wrote:
We he already won a $15M cruise...

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:33 am
Cap wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:27 am
Indy wrote:
Xylus wrote:
We he already won a $15M cruise...
OK, then. Plan B.

carey

Post by carey »

carey wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:10 pm
Voted 4 even after the last 7 games of blehhhhh. So we need to go 3-9 over the next 12. We can do it!

Though I just looked at the schedule and the only bad teams we are playing over that stretch are Brooklyn, Chicago and... Detroit? Wait I need to change my pick.
Just hit my mark with 2 games to go, so if we win either of those I was wrong. :lol:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Is Detroit any good this year?

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

I predicted 4 wins and we have 2 games left, I hope I get dead wrong about it and we win the next two.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire