Game Day: Nets (4-6) @ Suns (2-7), Tues 11/6/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Game Day: Nets (4-6) @ Suns (2-7), Tues 11/6/18

Post by Shabazz »

Why did Anderson play the first 10 minutes of the 3rd quarter? Not to be a Bender stan, but Bender was much better last year than Anderson has been this year. At least we got some decent defense and the occasional hot shooting night.

We don't ever make stops so we never fast-break. If there is an opportunity to break, having Canaan and Anderson out there just means the other team will catch up by the time we hit halfcourt.

It's all just sad and bad right now.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:53 pm
It's all just sad and bad right now.
Yes it is.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:55 pm
The silver lining if there is one. I'm encouraged by his determination.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Uncle_Gene wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:38 pm
When the Suns learn to stop turning the ball over, things will change. Maybe it's time to shake up the starting lineup.
The Sarver strategy. Complain about persistently bad results and occasionally fire somebody, repeat until results improve or we are all dead.
“It just feels good to win, man,” Booker said. “… We’ve been stressing that we needed that game where we get a win and it’d change the energy around here. Hopefully this win will give us new life.”
New life. Stillborn.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Ayton, stop thinking about your jump shot and dunk the damn ball everytime you got it in the pain.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I was at the game tonight, and the frustration in the crowd was palpable.

Ayton and Booker took 38 of our 81 shots, and made only 12, which is basically the game right there. At least Ayton attempted more shots than he had been, though. But not only did he have space to shoot the jumper, he often had plenty of space to drive to the hoop. He needs to learn to put the ball on the floor and aggressively take it to the rim.

Also, why does it seem like most of Ayton's blocks this whole season are not showing up in the official box score??
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

Seriously can we cut the doncic comments in game threads it's so old.. And we're already a bit testy due to the 20 point losses. Save them for when we play the mavs or open a draft revisited thread so I can avoid it.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Yeah, even for me the Luka thing is getting old.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:45 pm
UglyTruth wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:11 pm
Doncic with 23, 6 and 3 today on good efficiency in a 19 pt win for the Mavs. But yeah, glad to have Ayton :roll:
I really don't like reading your posts. Could you be any more negative about our guys? You must be a lot of fun to be around.
What the hell is there to be positive about? Celebrating the EIGHTH consecutive year of sucking? Being blown out AT HOME BY THE FREAKING NETS???

Jared freakin Dudley is a starter on this Nets team.

You might not enjoy reading my posts but that’s because it’s the ugly truth. Nobody wants to hear the ugly truth.

How can people not be concerned about DeAndre Ayton being the next Enes Kanter? Zero effort on defense. Offensively he’s extremely soft and doesn’t go up strong.

Please save me the speech about how young he is. He was the 1st overall pick, he should be held to higher expectations than just any other 20 yr old rookie. Towns at his age looked more promising than him.

Right now Ayton is doing nothing but racking up empty stats. He gets his #s once the team is down by 15+ and the other teams takes the foot off the gas.

Sure I’m hopeful he gets better. But doesn’t mean just going to pretend like everything is nice and rosy.

SDC

Post by SDC »

get a pg, stat!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Something just isn't right with the team. Same effort and same mistakes over and over each game. We stand around while the other teams get rebounds and putbacks, all our guys are watching as someone gets an open layup or dunk, Ayton is consistently 20 feet from the basket, we keep getting beat on fastbreaks. We have to have given up the most points/open looks at the rim so far this season. Anderson needs to sit and Ariza looks checked out. He knows it was a mistake signing here and doesn't look engaged at all. The sooner we can trade him to a contender to give minutes to Bridges, the better.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

UglyTruth wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:59 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:
Doncic with 23, 6 and 3 today on good efficiency in a 19 pt win for the Mavs. But yeah, glad to have Ayton :roll:
I really don't like reading your posts. Could you be any more negative about our guys? You must be a lot of fun to be around.
What the hell is there to be positive about? Celebrating the EIGHTH consecutive year of sucking? Being blown out AT HOME BY THE FREAKING NETS???

You might not enjoy reading my posts but that’s because it’s the ugly truth. Nobody wants to hear the ugly truth.

How can people not be concerned about DeAndre Ayton being the next Enes Kanter? Zero effort on defense. Offensively he’s extremely soft and doesn’t go up strong.

Please save me the speech about how young he is. He was the 1st overall pick, he should be held to higher expectations than just any other 20 yr old rookie. Towns at his age looked more promising than him.

Right now Ayton is doing nothing but racking up empty stats. He gets his #s once the team is down by 15+ and the other teams takes the foot off the gas.

Sure I’m hopeful he gets better. But doesn’t mean just going to pretend like everything is nice and rosy.
He's not wrong.

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:48 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:16 pm
UglyTruth wrote:
:roll:
I know, I know, Doncic couldn't get by Ben Simmons on a fastbreak. Clearly it is better to have Ayton.
Not the point of my eye roll.. Determining any kind of conclusion based on one game was. I don't have a problem if someone preferred Doncic or still prefers Doncic. But making it seem like the Ayton fans are stupid for preferring him based on one game deserves an eye roll

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:22 am
Something just isn't right with the team. Same effort and same mistakes over and over each game. Anderson needs to sit and Ariza looks checked out. He knows it was a mistake signing here and doesn't look engaged at all. The sooner we can trade him to a contender to give minutes to Bridges, the better.
This !

SDC

Post by SDC »

starting anderson can work. i remember miami went on a 30-11 run in the second half of 2017 with luuuuke babbitt starting at pf. and mcgruder at sf. :lol:

SDC

Post by SDC »

december 15... ariza and the milwaukee pick for lin. buck will be good this season and next yr.

SDC

Post by SDC »

in the meantime, lets start...
canaan, booker, bridges, anderson, ayton

ariza and warren 6th and 7th man, but give them more minutes then ryno and canaan...

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Two steps forward one step back.

It looked like Igor was getting through to the team in the last couple of games, but tonight was horrible. Tell me which player is better this season than they were last season. It looks like every player on our roster is playing in spots on the floor where they are uncomfortable or in a role they are uncomfortable in.

Can we run a fast break again, please? Can Ayton get in the lane? Can booker get a high pick with rook to operate once he goes around? Can our shooters catch the ball with their feet set?

The lack of effort looks like players who don't believe they can succeed. We will see how the rest of the year plays out, because it's a long season and Igor has his hands full with this roster. But it's his responsibility to get the guys playing hard. If the Nets / Bulls / Kings etc can play their hearts out, so can we. But players need to be in a position to make plays they believe they can make.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

UglyTruth wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:59 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:

I know what the 'ugly truth' means. I'm not an idiot. But you rubbing salt on the wound after a bad loss by constantly bringing up what Doncic did doesn't help. It's 10 games into the season. When Ayton has a good game, you're nothing but crickets. He has a bad game and you start comparing him to Kanter and how much of a bust of a pick he is compared to Doncic.

It was a terrible game. We sucked and the effort lacked. Ayton and Booker made 12 FG attempts and shot more than 1/2 of our FG attempts. The team desperately needs a PG or Igor needs to adapt his offense for the players on the roster. Something has to give.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton