Igor Kokoskov Progress Report

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Kokoskov Grade Thus Far

A
No votes
B
11%
C
54%
D
25%
F
11%

Total votes: 28

carey

Re: Igor Kokoskov Progress Report

Post by carey »

The Bobster wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:53 am
It's not like Bledsoe is the linchpin for their offense. We saw firsthand the other night who was.

It's like saying "I cant believe Jon Paxson/Derek Fisher/Avery Johnson was the starting point guard for a championship team."
Incorrect. It's like saying, "Wow, I can't believe they're leading the league in offense with Eric as PG because he's one of the worst decision makers I've ever seen with a basketball - especially in the 4th Quarter."
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

carey wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:52 am
The Bobster wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:53 am
It's not like Bledsoe is the linchpin for their offense. We saw firsthand the other night who was.

It's like saying "I cant believe Jon Paxson/Derek Fisher/Avery Johnson was the starting point guard for a championship team."
Incorrect. It's like saying, "Wow, I can't believe they're leading the league in offense with Eric as PG because he's one of the worst decision makers I've ever seen with a basketball - especially in the 4th Quarter."
The difference is Milwaukee doesn't put him in the position of constantly making those decisions down the stretch like the Suns did.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Prediction: Jamal Crawford will be our head coach sometime before the allstar break next season . Not this season - next season.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:33 am
Prediction: Jamal Crawford will be our head coach sometime before the allstar break next season . Not this season - next season.
I support it, but only if he checks himself in at the ends of games to take the game-winning shot.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I think it's becoming painfully obvious that Igor may not have what it takes to sit in the lead chair.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

I think he would make a great coach for a more experienced team. It is tough combination here. I think he is trying what he can but in the NBA once training camp ends that's about it for real practices and this team needs a couple more training camps at least.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Give him some time, all year and next year. He's playing with a shorthanded deck right now. He needs a pg or luck into a situation where he finds and develops one. I hope that it's Melton at this point.

Melton was behind the eight ball. He didn't play last year. He played for a different organization in the summer and all the way up to right before training camp, so he didn't have all that time to learn what Igor was trying to do and it's different than what Mike D wanted him to do. Perhaps he's starting to figure it out, but more than that his instincts on defense are pretty good. Putting him with Bridges is a decent combo. Add in a big that works hard like Holmes and it helps too.

Bender wasn't great this summer or preseason in the stats that count, ppg, rpg, asts, turnovers. But, he was a positive when he was on the floor this summer, and was in the right place on defense. The box score might have looked like he sucked out loud, but they always seemed to play better with him on the floor. It might be good to play him more too. Once this team starts to really understand what Igor is trying to do on offense and get more comfortable with it, he will be able to add more to it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SDC

Post by SDC »

i honestly believe even teodosic wld help this team tremendously.

SDC

Post by SDC »

so mcdo thought leaking that he wanted SGA all along wld help his PR battle. hes wrong.

ok hes a pg, but only mcdo thinks SGA would have helped this team.

sarver was right to overrule him on bridges vs SGA

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

The Bobster wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:36 am
I think it's becoming painfully obvious that Igor may not have what it takes to sit in the lead chair.
Maybe, but firing him only makes our unstable organization that much more unstable. The Suns should have no illusions that they'll compete this year or probably even next, so Igor should be given time to develop his players and system. I'm not sure many coaches could polish this turd of a roster.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

SDC wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:37 am
so mcdo thought leaking that he wanted SGA all along wld help his PR battle. hes wrong.

Not if it really only took the MIL pick to get SGA compared to the MIA pick for Bridges.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Xylus wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:45 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Maybe, but firing him only makes our unstable organization that much more unstable. The Suns should have no illusions that they'll compete this year or probably even next, so Igor should be given time to develop his players and system. I'm not sure many coaches could polish this turd of a roster.
Before firing him the FO needs to provide a completed roster. This is grade A tanking material (and not NBA worthy without Booker and Warren) and people were talking about making the playoffs in the west.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:33 am
I agree with you but it would only be for the short term.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:55 pm
Xylus wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Before firing him the FO needs to provide a completed roster. This is grade A tanking material (and not NBA worthy without Booker and Warren) and people were talking about making the playoffs in the west.
What's frustrating is that it looks like .500 might get you close to the playoffs this year.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Hermen wrote:
SDC wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:37 am

Not if it really only took the MIL pick to get SGA compared to the MIA pick for Bridges.
the last thing the suns need is another young player/teenager. the suns just had ayton and bridges and have given up on four young players (len, payton, chriss, ulis) for virtually nothing.

if mcdo thinks leaking that he wanted SGA all along will help him look smart because he's a point guard, then the guy really doenst get it!
Last edited by SDC on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:35 pm
SDC wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:33 am
I agree with you but it would only be for the short term.
that's the point. unless you are resigned to tanking this season.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

I don't get why the team doesn't invest in a good shooting coach and a good big man coach. You can only coach so much with the tools you have, but if your tools could do more, you can get more creative.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

MightyMoog wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:44 pm
I don't get why the team doesn't invest in a good shooting coach and a good big man coach. You can only coach so much with the tools you have, but if your tools could do more, you can get more creative.
Sarver’s MO is not to spend on the front office or the coaching staff. What we really can’t “get” is what we did to deserve him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:58 am
MightyMoog wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:44 pm
Sarver’s MO is not to spend on the front office or the coaching staff. What we really can’t “get” is what we did to deserve him.
Unfortunately, we don't get to choose our owner. Us fans are being abused but it's not our fault.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »