Suns News: Week 8 12/3-12/9

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Suns News: Week 8 12/3-12/9

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:06 am
I am glad people are getting upset, but it pissed me off to see rookie Bridges trying to blow off his coach when he was coming out of the game. If your coach is trying to talk to you, you listen. That was petty of him.
I agree. I thought people were overly criticizing Coachoskov for that clip ("the guys aren't listening to them, he's lost them, he's a bad coach," etc). My read of the clip was, Bridges should listen respectfully to the coach during the game, even if Coach is criticizing him, even if he's frustrated about the score, and so on.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:47 am
Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:06 am
I am glad people are getting upset, but it pissed me off to see rookie Bridges trying to blow off his coach when he was coming out of the game. If your coach is trying to talk to you, you listen. That was petty of him.
I agree. I thought people were overly criticizing Coachoskov for that clip ("the guys aren't listening to them, he's lost them, he's a bad coach," etc). My read of the clip was, Bridges should listen respectfully to the coach during the game, even if Coach is criticizing him, even if he's frustrated about the score, and so on.
I agree that was mostly on Bridges. He's a rookie. Listen to your coach.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:43 am
When it comes to this site, I am a completist. It really bothers me to see unread posts. But I just can't bring myself to open the Kings or Portland thread yet. Ugh.
Take your time. You're going to need to steel yourself first.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://theathletic.com/700488/2018/12/ ... okie-wall/

Ayton comes off bench vs. Blazers, vows ‘This is my team’ after hitting rookie wall
Instead, Phoenix scored just nine points in the first quarter for the second consecutive game, the first time a team has been held under 10 points in the opening period of back-to-back contests during the shot clock era (per Elias Sports Bureau).
But somebody needs to feed Ayton the ball, and the Suns still do not have a legitimate starting-caliber point guard. Additionally, the word “aggressive” often makes the typically conversational Ayton turn a tad prickly or defensive, stressing that he is not one to “hunt” shots.
“For us to put him in the fire … right now (and ask him) to dominate the paint, that’s not fair,” Kokoskov said. “On the flip side, we’ll ask for that. Because if you don’t ask for that, you won’t get it.”

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It does bother me that Ayton doesn't think he's capable of creating on offense. Hopefully he'll learn in time that he's bigger, faster, and more skilled than most and that he can create his own shots one-on-one.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

How's GCU doing? Think Thunder Dan might want to come to the Suns now?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

I like that last quote from Coach. Yeah, it isn't fair to put him in that position. But you know what? Life isn't fair. Grow up and do what you are getting paid $18,000,000.00 to do.

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:36 am
Let's see how many times we can repost this same stat.

SDC

Post by SDC »

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I know alot of people dislike Rondo and didn't want him this offseason BUT...I think he is the kind of dude the Suns need to get their players straightened out. Dude doesn't take crap and doesn't accept laziness. I know alot of us expected more winning this year as well as continued development but man...the train is off the tracks and with no hope in sight. This team lacks a vocal leader with attitude and a winning pedigree. Rondo was sure to butt heads with some guys but, i think at this point, all the better.

This team is just way too soft. Needs some more dirt workers to get the winning mentality back. More guys like Holmes. Ariza was supposed to be a guy but hasn't really done it.

What's Tony Allen doing? s he still playing? If not does he want to be an assistant coach?

Faried, Caleb Swanigan, Pat Patterson, are guys that could inject some energy into this sad group.

Also I'd do whatever it takes minus Booker and Ayton for Pascal Siakam from the Raptors but that is a pipe dream
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Rondo has also been known to check out mentally and not listen to coaching, so yeah, he ain't helping this team.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Tyler Kolek.

Singh

Post by Singh »

Singh

Post by Singh »

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:40 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Then just delete it or ignore it. The team is a shit show. Apologies for missing a stat indicating how horrific we are this season if it's been stated already. Sometimes combing through the prior sludge that is a game day thread where we are down 30, yet again, or we've scored 9 points in the 1st quarter, yet again, isn't a fun way to spend my day just to ensure I don't repeat something.

Edit: This season just utterly sucks, like most Suns seasons have for quite awhile, and I don't mean to lash out at you Indy. I love sports and the Suns were my first team. I remember watching their away game at Veterans Memorial Coliseum, the Madhouse on McDowell, with my dad when they played Houston in the playoffs when I was a kid. Yeah, we were that die hard. Giant projector displays on each end of the court, audio piped in from the game while the arena was packed and fans cheered watching. What they've become and what Sarver has done to the organization kills me. It's really hard these days to hold on to hope when it comes to the Suns.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

It's an amazing stat. I couldn't believe it when I checked the scores first thing in the morning. I though I was wathing the ones from the last game. On a non-flagellating level, this shows how much weight Booker and Warren carry. At this pace we are going to break them both. Problem is players nowadays are more informed and know they shouldn't do a Mitch Richmond or Michael Finley (early years). Get paid and gtfo the hot mess.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SDC wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:43 am
somebodys coming home

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/ ... 20945.html
I love Dragic, but I can't help but notice that he's currently injured and getting fluid drained out of his knee. Not thrilled about the idea of acquiring him if his wheels are busted.

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:33 pm
Indy wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Then just delete it or ignore it. The team is a shit show. Apologies for missing a stat indicating how horrific we are this season if it's been stated already. Sometimes combing through the prior sludge that is a game day thread where we are down 30, yet again, or we've scored 9 points in the 1st quarter, yet again, isn't a fun way to spend my day just to ensure I don't repeat something.

Edit: This season just utterly sucks, like most Suns seasons have for quite awhile, and I don't mean to lash out at you Indy. I love sports and the Suns were my first team. I remember watching their away game at Veterans Memorial Coliseum, the Madhouse on McDowell, with my dad when they played Houston in the playoffs when I was a kid. Yeah, we were that die hard. Giant projector displays on each end of the court, audio piped in from the game while the arena was packed and fans cheered watching. What they've become and what Sarver has done to the organization kills me. It's really hard these days to hold on to hope when it comes to the Suns.
Stop lashing out at me you dick. Everything is fine and you just can't take responsibility for not reading every post on every thread and reposting stuff shared over and over and over and over that shows how historically bad we are. And I'm not out of order. You're out of order. The whole freakin system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. 'Cause when you reach your hand into a pile of goo that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do. Forget it SpiveyIsGod, it's Chinatown.
Last edited by Indy on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:59 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:33 pm
Indy wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Then just delete it or ignore it. The team is a s*** show. Apologies for missing a stat indicating how horrific we are this season if it's been stated already. Sometimes combing through the prior sludge that is a game day thread where we are down 30, yet again, or we've scored 9 points in the 1st quarter, yet again, isn't a fun way to spend my day just to ensure I don't repeat something.

Stop lashing out at me you dick. Everything is fine and you just can't take responsibility for not reading every post on every thread and reposting stuff shared over and over and over and over that shows how historically bad we are. And I'm not out of order. You're out of order. The whole freakin system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. 'Cause when you reach your hand into a pile of goo that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do. Forget it SpiveyIsGod, it's Chinatown.
:lol: :D

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:56 am
Rondo has also been known to check out mentally and not listen to coaching, so yeah, he ain't helping this team.
I think if his role were clear coming in, and he signed off on it, he'd be fine. I guess I feel like we've tried every feasible option so far with the same results. The only thing we haven't done is bring in a handful of hard-nosed vets to keep you kids in line. I'll count Chandler but not counting Daniels, Dudley,Tolliver. Barbosa was an important cog but I would guess he wasn't an enforcer at practice or the locker room but I do not know for sure.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."