Suns News: Week 8 12/3-12/9

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Suns News: Week 8 12/3-12/9

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:35 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:13 pm
Yeah, if what I read is accurate, James Jones is going to trade our top 5 pick and players for a mediocre PG, and we are going to miss out on a true generational player. But we will get another 10-12 wins a year. Woo. Hoo.
Wait, what?
Yeah, I"m wondering what Indy is reading! :!:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:45 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:36 pm
Can we just skip to The part where we have a new mediocre point guard who makes us a 35 win team?
What I would give for a 35 win team...
Get a time machine and go back four years, or forward until Sarver is gone.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:50 pm

https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1071173495688650752

I get we need help at point guard, but I would have preferred filling our 2-way spot by acquiring Yuta Watanabe from Memphis, Chris Boucher from Toronto, or Johnathan Motley from the Clippers.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

SDC wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:09 am
Trevor Ariza to the Clippers for Milos Teodosic, Mike Scott, and Luc Mbah a Moute.

carey

Post by carey »

I really thought Igor was going to get the axe today. I 100% believe if we wouldn't have had 4 coaches over the past 5 years then he'd be gone.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

i'd give him until next season. the lack of a reliable point guard is the single most damaging legacy of mcdo.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Gotta say, I was impressed with Melton last night. He looks to have the makings of an NBA point guard. He needs to get a jumper/floater in the lane off the PnR tho. if the defense denied the pass to the big he'd pick his dribble up and get caught up. He's gotta be aggressive there. He's real long and athletic tho and had a nice stretch with some great passes.

Bridges is also a real active, bouncy player who's just all over the court. His arms go forever too. Reminds me physically a bit of Batum.

i think Troy Daniels should see more minutes tho I'm not sure how. He's a pure shooter we need. Jackson with another solid line of 9/5/4/3 but 6 TOs. Only took 4 shots but got to the line.

Ayton was Ayton. Efficient with 8-11 FGs but still no bounce or energy to compete with a guy like Adebayo.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

An aging Dragic looked great for his team of busters.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Vice president of basketball operations and co-interim general manager James Jones, though, says that’s not the case.

“Yeah, we have to worry about what happens in the draft but our primary focus is on this team currently and what we can do,” he told 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s Burns & Gambo on Wednesday. “We have a bunch of young players in this draft. We’ve been deep in the draft, we’ve drafted a lot of players over the years and our focus has shifted more to development of these players and looking at NBA players that we possibly can add to this team.
“We shifted focus,” Jones said. “I think in the past our primary focus — a great amount of our time was spent turning over every stone as it relates to players and college players, but college players don’t win NBA games. NBA players do, so that’s where our focus is now.
http://arizonasports.com/story/1761282/ ... nba-draft/

EDC

Post by EDC »

Who is focusing on this? Didn't you fire most of your scouts?

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:04 pm
Vice president of basketball operations and co-interim general manager James Jones, though, says that’s not the case.

“Yeah, we have to worry about what happens in the draft but our primary focus is on this team currently and what we can do,” he told 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s Burns & Gambo on Wednesday. “We have a bunch of young players in this draft. We’ve been deep in the draft, we’ve drafted a lot of players over the years and our focus has shifted more to development of these players and looking at NBA players that we possibly can add to this team.
“We shifted focus,” Jones said. “I think in the past our primary focus — a great amount of our time was spent turning over every stone as it relates to players and college players, but college players don’t win NBA games. NBA players do, so that’s where our focus is now.
I wish that had been their focus 3 years ago before they drafted Bender and Chriss. I'm not advocating for tanking, but this upcoming draft class has some really promising talent at the top. We should try and be as competitive as we can be, and develop the players we have now. If the right deal comes along, great, but let's not settle for making a move that gets us to being a mediocre team who is a first-round exit in the playoffs.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Sarver thinks he’s going to get some magical player via free agency or trade he is gift horse-d and suddenly win a championship.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Bickley calling for Adam Silver to step in and save the Suns from Sarver:

http://arizonasports.com/story/1762111/ ... -suns/amp/
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The latest dysfunction comes at a tenuous time. Our city council will vote next Wednesday on a deal that would renovate the Suns’ arena, and the numbers look reasonable: $150 million in public funding and $80 million contributed by the team. That’s a fair price to keep the Suns in Phoenix until 2037.
And Sarver holds the city hostage for $70 million to increase the value of his franchise. Great.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Why should the fans have to pay a penny to renovate the team's arena? Sarver has made probably a billion dollars in net worth by owning this team; he can pay to fix the damn arena himself. Pro sports can be so dumb sometimes.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:08 am
The latest dysfunction comes at a tenuous time. Our city council will vote next Wednesday on a deal that would renovate the Suns’ arena, and the numbers look reasonable: $150 million in public funding and $80 million contributed by the team. That’s a fair price to keep the Suns in Phoenix until 2037.
And Sarver holds the city hostage for $70 million to increase the value of his franchise. Great.
It’s not a fair price for the Sarver Suns. Seriously, before the city allocates one penny for the Suns, he should have to demonstrate that it’s possible for the franchise under his stewardship to be anything other than an embarrassment to the city. Or sell it.

Of course, I live in Scottsdale, so this isn’t even my city council, but I still have an opinion.
Last edited by Cap on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:37 am
Why should the fans have to pay a penny to renovate the team's arena?
I don't see it as a bad thing. Having a pro franchise adds value to the city and if you go all libertarian (so to speak) and you don't want to pay, you can't call foul if the owner sells and the new guy moves the franchise wherever he wants.

This, of course, is an opinion in abstract. When it comes to these specific Suns and owner, Sarver doesn't deserve sh¡t.

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:25 pm
INFORMER wrote:

I wish that had been their focus 3 years ago before they drafted Bender and Chriss. I'm not advocating for tanking, but this upcoming draft class has some really promising talent at the top. We should try and be as competitive as we can be, and develop the players we have now. If the right deal comes along, great, but let's not settle for making a move that gets us to being a mediocre team who is a first-round exit in the playoffs.
It‘s difficult to say what type of deal we would look for or who would even be interested in a deal with us. I presume we would want a premier PG or PF who isn’t expiring. Also our trade partner would have to go into a rebuilding process. In the West all teams are competing for a playoff spot, so it would have to be a team from eastern conference. If I had to guess I think we are after either Wall, Russel or Porzingis.

SDC

Post by SDC »

aytons a snowflake.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:

So what are we saying here? Looking to move the pick? Less time scouting? I don't quite get it.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.