Sources: Lakers trying to acquire Suns forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team deal

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Sources: Lakers trying to acquire Suns forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team deal

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL, the price to get Lebron is steep. They had to agree to also sign KCP to a bloated ridiculous contract *with a no-trade clause*. Can you imagine KCP having such power and control in any other circumstance? That's like a late-90s NBA contract.

Split T

Re: Sources: Lakers trying to acquire Suns forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team deal

Post by Split T »

He’s got a no trade clause because he signed a 1 year deal. Lakers have his bird rights, but no team that trades for him will, so they let him veto the trade.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Dinwiddie signed an extension with Brooklyn, 3/34. Really solid deal for Brooklyn. Looks like he’s not an option

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Fuckkkkkkkkkj

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Can the suns get their heads out of their asses?

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I knew he was playing too good for Nets not to try get something done...
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:24 pm
Dinwiddie signed an extension with Brooklyn, 3/34. Really solid deal for Brooklyn. Looks like he’s not an option
That would've been a great contract for the Suns. It's still good for Brooklyn, but Russell's QO is around $9M next year, and it'll likely cost them at least the same amount to re-sign him. So are they going to pay two guys at the same position around $25M/year combined?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

No. We’re gonna go after the wrong Brooklyn PG and trade Jackson and the Mil pick for Russell and extend him to a 70+ million dollar deal.

carey

Post by carey »

Well, teams just don't give away good players for nothing. Not sure what we were expecting.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:00 pm
Well, teams just don't give away good players for nothing.
Tyson Chandler?

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Cap wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:40 pm
carey wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:00 pm
Well, teams just don't give away good players for nothing.
Tyson Chandler?
Dead cat bounce

TOO

Post by TOO »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:19 pm
No. We’re gonna go after the wrong Brooklyn PG and trade Jackson and the Mil pick for Russell and extend him to a 70+ million dollar deal.
That + is gonna be a big one.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Maybe I'm seeing something that is not there, but why not a straight up Ariza for TJ McConnell swap with Philadelphia? Maybe Philly even throws in a 2nd rounder, but I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that sees that as beneficial for both teams and relatively fair.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think philly wants to keep McConnell. With Fultz out, he’s their only backup pg. They do have Demetrius Jackson on a 2-way, not sure how they feel about him. Also, the salaries don’t match, we’d have to take back Wilson chandler too

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They don't need traditional PGs; they have Simmons. How about we throw in Daniels, then they get two great shooters they can work into their rotation? Something like:

Suns give out: Ariza ($15m), Daniels ($3m), future 2nd round pick
Suns receive: Wilson Chandler ($12m), either Fultz ($8m) or McConnell ($1.6m)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Simmons doesn’t play 48 minutes. They need someone to play 12-15 minutes a game

carey

Post by carey »

I'm not sure I want Wilson Chandler. His play is fine, but... coming from a guy with a lot of tattoos... his creep me out. There's like this little baby head that pokes out above the jersey line by his neck. I'm sure there's a story to it but it's freaky.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't want Chandler, either; I just threw him in so that the salaries were closer to matching. Without Chandler in the deal there is not nearly enough salary going out from Philly for the deal to work. Most of their other high-dollar contracts are players they actually need and want to keep.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:24 pm
That really hurts. He was nearing the top of my free agent wish list.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Brooklyn was never letting him go.