Sources: Lakers trying to acquire Suns forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team deal

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Sources: Lakers trying to acquire Suns forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team deal

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:49 am
Yes, Darren Collison would be the perfect stop-gap point guard that we desperately need on this team. I would even throw in the MIL pick.
I think collison would be great, but he’d only be here half a season. I wouldn’t give up a pick for that. An Ariza-Collison swap straight up should be plenty fair.

carey

Re: Sources: Lakers trying to acquire Suns forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team deal

Post by carey »

Democritus wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:24 am
Dragic? Days of Future Past. No thank you. He would be injured most of his time here.
What happened to our vaunted training staff? TJ Warren is missing like 20 games a year with mystery ailments. Booker is good to miss a chunk of time too. I guess the mystique has worn off.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

SDC wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:58 am
I still think goran dragic is the only thing that can right this ship.
Not Lonzo?

And lets stop with the Dragic suggestions. He’s not good anymore, he’s old, always hurt, and gets paid 19 million next year. Hard pass. Unless miami is taking Anderson back.

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:48 am
Democritus wrote:
Dragic? Days of Future Past. No thank you. He would be injured most of his time here.
What happened to our vaunted training staff? TJ Warren is missing like 20 games a year with mystery ailments. Booker is good to miss a chunk of time too. I guess the mystique has worn off.
They were always better at rehabbing chronic issues. Helped Shaq get his butt muscles working, helped hill overcome his ankle issues, Michael redd I think? Booker and warren just keep getting little acute issues.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Split T wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:49 am
SDC wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:58 am
I still think goran dragic is the only thing that can right this ship.
Not Lonzo?

And lets stop with the Dragic suggestions. He’s not good anymore, he’s old, always hurt, and gets paid 19 million next year. Hard pass. Unless miami is taking Anderson back.
Plus, it's assuming he would want to come back to this mess, especially after he got crapped on twice.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

carey wrote:
Democritus wrote:
I too think that this is not our x-factor anymore. Lately, injuries have hit our squad by storm and I guess our training staff got used to tanking too.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

carey wrote:
Democritus wrote:
I mean, they ain't dipping these dudes in the River Styx. No matter how great your training staff is, injuries are still going to happen. That's just... part of sports. And life!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I mean look at Warren. Does he look like a dude looking to watch his diet and routine in any way? Dude has mom arms.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

and this scenario would leave us where exactly ?? :?

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1072932631103311872

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:33 pm
and this scenario would leave us where exactly ?? :?

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1072932631103311872

Would have to include a 4th team. No chance we want knight back. Is Atlanta hoping for cap space next season? Something like Ariza to LA, KCP to Houston, Knight to Atlanta and Lin to Phoenix. Houston and LA also send out draft picks. Maybe we get the LA 1st, Atlanta gets Houston 1st and our 2nd.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

[/quote]

Would have to include a 4th team. No chance we want knight back. Is Atlanta hoping for cap space next season? Something like Ariza to LA, KCP to Houston, Knight to Atlanta and Lin to Phoenix. Houston and LA also send out draft picks. Maybe we get the LA 1st, Atlanta gets Houston 1st and our 2nd.
[/quote]

aren't 4 team trades like super complicated hence not a common thing

Split T

Post by Split T »

Sure, the more teams you add the more complicated it gets. However the trade I mentioned would work. Ariza at 15 million, Knight at 14.6 million, Lin at 13.8 million, and KCP at 12 million. Salaries are all really close and can be traded for each other.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Kool man
well one thing is for certain that the speculating will soon be all over and we will be left with another wtf moment or feel a lil better about ourselves geeez lol

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:47 am
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:49 am
Yes, Darren Collison would be the perfect stop-gap point guard that we desperately need on this team. I would even throw in the MIL pick.
I think collison would be great, but he’d only be here half a season. I wouldn’t give up a pick for that. An Ariza-Collison swap straight up should be plenty fair.
I'm just saying I would throw in the pick if I had to. It would be worth it if it helps keep Booker from wanting out and/or some free agents to look at us more seriously, if we can stop the bleeding this season and start winning a few games.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

If this wasn't a LA reporter , I would believe this was just a report to make it seem like Suns actually trying to get good players

https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/status/1072991661213372418

TOO

Post by TOO »

What about Ariza and Jackson 😁
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If we end up trading for KCP, so help me, I'm out for the season.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Ingram, Kuzma, Lonzo or Hart no available for Ariza? No shit. Just give me expiring crap and a lotto protected 1stR and be done with it. Again, so I can trade that pick or MIL's for Dinwiddie in peace.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:22 pm
KCP can veto his trades and he'd probably veto the shit out of a trade that sends him to the Suns.

carey

Post by carey »

Hermen wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:35 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:22 pm
KCP can veto his trades and he'd probably veto the shit out of a trade that sends him to the Suns.
Great for us imo.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!