Game Day: Suns (4-23) @ Spurs (13-14), Tues 12/11/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Game Day: Suns (4-23) @ Spurs (13-14), Tues 12/11/18

Post by carey »

Bright spot is that Melton might actually be good. 17/7/6. The 0 FTs troubles me a bit but as a team we get zero respect so I wouldn't put all the blame squarely on him.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I don't like TJs body language lately. It's more than being upset about losing. Seems like he doesn't really like his teammates. Just has that "I'm only doing this because I have to" look about him.

Josh Jackson's play is so bipolar. One night he looks promising and then less than 24 hours later he looks like a bust.

Melton looks like he should have a good tooth. I bet if he played in the 90s hed have that gold tooth. Seems to be comfortable in his role and is performing. I bet hed also be comfortable with gold tooth.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:07 pm
I kept tweeting all night about how gross Jackson was tonight. I don't know why we can't get 2 good games in a row from him anymore. Also, why Igor just lets him play when he's clearly out of control & making awful decision after awful decision. I get that we're short handed, but screw Jackson when he's doing that s***. Play Bender instead.
He is young and undisciplined. I think he has one good game and then he gets too confident and thinks he has the green light. Coach really needs to get on him not to shoot so much, particularly 3s. He seems like the kind of player who needs a coach barking at him for his first few years to break him out of his bad habits.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:27 pm
Warren is having a good game with 23 so far. Melton also playing well again with 6-11 shooting. He reminds me of a poor man's Bledsoe.

Josh Jackson is 2-13 shooting and has 5 points. Bleh. Bad Josh!

I just don't get why we are signing dudes off the street like this Evans guy. We let much better PGs go in the offseason, meaning Ulis and Payton. Why did we toss those guys aside only to sign garbage like this? It makes no sense.
Ulis was garbage last year, he’s not any better than Evans. Payton wasn’t part of our long term plans, but he would have helped this year. His QO was probably too high, probably better than signing Ariza...unless he gets us something like dinwiddie.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Does anyone else get Aaron Brooks flashbacks watching Evans play?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Josh Jackson had one of the worst individual performances I've ever seen tonight. He was 1-10 at the rim. One. For. Ten. That is hard to do by accident. Just launching himself at the rim over and over with no plan or angles.

On the plus side Melton looks like a player. On the negative side, poor roster management means we had to sign him to a two year deal instead of a 4 year deal, so if blows up he's getting paid in year 3. I guess that would be a good problem to have relative to all the bad problems we have.

Ayton never getting to the line is worrisome. It's not a ref problem it's an Ayton problem. He's averaging 1.6 FTAs a game in 6 games this month. Dragan Bender territory.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:58 pm
Josh Jackson had one of the worst individual performances I've ever seen tonight. He was 1-10 at the rim. One. For. Ten. That is hard to do by accident. Just launching himself at the rim over and over with no plan or angles.

On the plus side Melton looks like a player. On the negative side, poor roster management means we had to sign him to a two year deal instead of a 4 year deal, so if blows up he's getting paid in year 3. I guess that would be a good problem to have relative to all the bad problems we have.

Ayton never getting to the line is worrisome. It's not a ref problem it's an Ayton problem. He's averaging 1.6 FTAs a game in 6 games this month. Dragan Bender territory.
It's tough to get to the line when you never touch the ball, except to hand it off at the three point line.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

People are so hot and cold with our talent. You need infrastructure to develop talented youth to real NBA players. Suns just don’t have it. For that you need talent vets and players who win ball games and in turn create structure and team culture to win. TJ and Booker need someone to lead this team to win ball games. Otherwise his is what you get: just a bunch of youth running around giving their all one night and being deflated and confused the next.