Suns Owner Robert Sarver Threatens To Move The Team If He Can't Bully Phoenix Out Of More Money

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

SDC

Re: Suns Owner Robert Sarver Threatens To Move The Team If He Can't Bully Phoenix Out Of More Money

Post by SDC »

captures my feelings

Mori Chu

Re: Suns Owner Robert Sarver Threatens To Move The Team If He Can't Bully Phoenix Out Of More Money

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm glad the general fandom has caught on to the fact that Sarver is a complete piece of $hit. He's probably the worst owner in the NBA. I really want him to feel unwanted and hated here. He needs to sell the team. He'd turn a tidy profit doing so; he can go on to some other business venture.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:31 am
I'm glad the general fandom has caught on to the fact that Sarver is a complete piece of $hit. He's probably the worst owner in the NBA. I really want him to feel unwanted and hated here. He needs to sell the team. He'd turn a tidy profit doing so; he can go on to some other business venture.
Does this fall into the 'Better the devil you know than the devil you don't' ? If Sarver sells, it could be to someone that is interested in moving them to KC, Seattle, or LV.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t think the nba would let that happen again. They stepped in and kept a franchise(Sacramento) from selling to someone planning on moving the team to Seattle. Phoenix is a better market, with a better history than the Kings.

I think the nba will expand soon. Probably to Seattle and Vegas.

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:05 am
I don’t think the nba would let that happen again. They stepped in and kept a franchise(Sacramento) from selling to someone planning on moving the team to Seattle. Phoenix is a better market, with a better history than the Kings.

We know Seattle will retain the Sonics name but what will the Vegas team be called.

Vegas Lights to go with the Vegas Knights?

Can't do the Kings but it would have fit with the Aces. Maybe the Black Jacks? The Vegas Dice? Fun game anyway.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Imagine rooting for an NBA team that sounds like a WWE tag-team.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:44 am
Imagine rooting for an NBA team that sounds like a WWE tag-team.
If they're not called the Vegas Mob then I quit.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:34 am
We know Seattle will retain the Sonics name but what will the Vegas team be called.

Vegas Lights to go with the Vegas Knights?

Can't do the Kings but it would have fit with the Aces. Maybe the Black Jacks? The Vegas Dice? Fun game anyway.
The Las Vegas Craps.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:

There is so much talent in the NBA right now, it's prime for an expansion. They might even expand to 3 or 4 teams.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:39 pm
Split T wrote:

There is so much talent in the NBA right now, it's prime for an expansion. They might even expand to 3 or 4 teams.
:lol: Lets not get ahead of ourselves now, I'd settle for 2.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:41 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:39 pm
Split T wrote:

:lol: Lets not get ahead of ourselves now, I'd settle for 2.
I was saying that because the NBA mentioned Seattle, LV and Kansas City.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Kansas City is extremely thirsty for a new team. They built a whole new multi-hundred-million-dollar arena and renovated the area of town and everything. And it's mostly just sitting there idle, waiting and hoping for an NBA team to come.

spanky

Post by spanky »

Well the Suns instagram account posted a cringe worthy video yesterday of Sarver assuring everyone he isn't moving the team... what a joke this guy has been.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm not sure if this has posted or not:

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I just don't know why people are acting like Greta is the Suns fans champion. I don't get it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:44 pm
I just don't know why people are acting like Greta is the Suns fans champion. I don't get it.
Here's some information about that:

The internet fell in love with Greta, who destroyed the Suns' owner at a Phoenix city meeting
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/12/the-in ... ty-meeting
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Suns fans hate Sarver. Greta used her platform to express the frustrations of the entire fan base. And she's an elderly woman.

It's pretty simple.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:02 pm
In2ition wrote:
Suns fans hate Sarver. Greta used her platform to express the frustrations of the entire fan base. And she's an elderly woman.

It's pretty simple.
She is pretty quick witted, but she's at all these hearings just to make her voice heard. She also wasn't accurate in hat she was saying, but it played well with the casual fans, the uninformed and the people who hate sports owners in general.