Suns Owner Robert Sarver Threatens To Move The Team If He Can't Bully Phoenix Out Of More Money

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns News: Week 9 12/10-12/16

Post by Split T »

How come Robert Sarver doesn’t get the asterisk treatment? Seems like he’s more worthy than anyone

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:17 pm
How come Robert Sarver doesn’t get the asterisk treatment? Seems like he’s more worthy than anyone
Facts.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Fuck Sarver. He should pay for his own damn arena. So tired of sports owners ripping off cities.

If that makes him move the Suns then so be it. He has already destroyed a great franchise.

The last 8 years of watching this train wreck has left me pretty apathetic about the whole thing.

Robot

Post by Robot »

[quote]Robert Sarver Looking to Purchase Dildo Factory
by Steve Wentworth , Arzionasunshinegazette.com

Current Suns owner Robert Sarver has been working to acquire funding for an update to the Phoenix Suns arena. Sarver is attempting to find a way to pressure the committee into making the investment - his hope of combining the facility with a 100,000 square foot "Dildo" factory is part of his latest plan. The facility which would be partially funded by federal dollars allocated to build the southern wall would propose the "dildos" be used as building blocks for the wall itself. The deal would allow Sarver to give the city a job building investment and additional income from the funds that would go toward President Trumps wall. He would also aquire a percentage of income that would go to Sarver Enterprises, his real estate and small man complex funding project. His goal would be in leveraging the Suns fanbase itself - essentially "buidling a wall of dildos" around them.

The ambitious plan was lauded by President Trump who said the dildo construction of the wall would "be fitting" He called the plan "spectacular great, real good" in a tweet this AM. Vice President Mike Pence responded by examining his penis for the first time in 10 years in a mirror "its kinda weird" he said in a statement from his current Chief of Staff.

Sarver is hoping to combine forces with the Trump administration in hopes of sending Suns fans into the heart of the actual Sun where they can all burn, once that happens, he will use the dildo manufacturing facility to create a new fan base that will enjoy getting fucked as their primary function of existence.

http://wwww.azsungazettenews.com/sarver ... J_shoutout[That'se]

WOW. Thats all I can say.

-R

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Robot wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:24 pm
Robert Sarver Looking to Purchase Dildo Factory
by Steve Wentworth , Arzionasunshinegazette.com

Current Suns owner Robert Sarver has been working to acquire funding for an update to the Phoenix Suns arena. Sarver is attempting to find a way to pressure the committee into making the investment - his hope of combining the facility with a 100,000 square foot "Dildo" factory is part of his latest plan. The facility which would be partially funded by federal dollars allocated to build the southern wall would propose the "dildos" be used as building blocks for the wall itself. The deal would allow Sarver to give the city a job building investment and additional income from the funds that would go toward President Trumps wall. He would also aquire a percentage of income that would go to Sarver Enterprises, his real estate and small man complex funding project. His goal would be in leveraging the Suns fanbase itself - essentially "buidling a wall of dildos" around them.

The ambitious plan was lauded by President Trump who said the dildo construction of the wall would "be fitting" He called the plan "spectacular great, real good" in a tweet this AM. Vice President Mike Pence responded by examining his penis for the first time in 10 years in a mirror "its kinda weird" he said in a statement from his current Chief of Staff.

Sarver is hoping to combine forces with the Trump administration in hopes of sending Suns fans into the heart of the actual Sun where they can all burn, once that happens, he will use the dildo manufacturing facility to create a new fan base that will enjoy getting f*** as their primary function of existence.

http://wwww.azsungazettenews.com/sarver ... J_shoutout[That'se]

WOW. Thats all I can say.

-R

LOL!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

iLLmatic wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:17 pm
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:57 pm
Xylus wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:55 pm
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:49 pm
Xylus wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:35 pm
Can we place term limits on NBA team ownership?
How would you determine who replaces a good owner? Seems like it would penalize guys like Steve Balmer and Mark Cuban who basically really want their teams to succeed at all costs.
We could vote on it every 4 years like the All-Star game and let the fans decide!
ha. because it works so well for the asg...
And all fans of rival teams would vote out the good owners..
How about season ticket holders of each team get to vote on removing their owner once every 10 years?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Vibrating Stick Resort Arena, has a nice ring to it.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

SDC wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:44 am

Is he threatening Phoenix, or Seattle?

Not sure which is worse, terrible basketball forever, or no basketball for a decade. (Phoenix would get a franchise again eventually. Too much history here)

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I've got no actual connection to the city of Phoenix, but I grew up in a city (Montreal) that lost its team and it just sucks. There's also no guarantee you get a team back. Seattle has a ton of support for one and has hit one roadblock after another.

Suns fans are already (justifiably) pretty apathetic about the team. If it leaves the city, you'd need the apathy to be replaced with some activism and you'd also still need a new arena (or significant upgrades to TSRA). That's a big reason Seattle still hasn't gotten a team.

If there's anything that gives me some hope and comfort in all this nonsense it's the sense of community I feel from like-minded people on this message board and across the internet. And I'm talking about Sarver-haters, not Suns fans.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:58 am
He can take them wherever he wants, as long as hes owner, they'll flounder. He's a f***.
What an asswipe! He waits until he's brought the franchise to a new low and then threatens this shit.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I don't understand the Phoenix city council on this at all. Is it just emotional Sarver hate?

The city owns the arena. The arena hosts many other events (including concerts, etc.) besides Suns games. The arena and Suns both bring a ton of money into downtown Phoenix.

Again, the city owns the arena. It is their responsibility to keep it in good repair and up-to-date. If the Suns moved, they would still need to renovate it, or else let it rot and really bring an economic loss to Phoenix.

There is a city Sports Facilities Fund specifically set up for that purpose.

I do not understand why there is any controversy at all, especially when the Suns are willing to put in $80 million of their own money.

(Just to be clear, I can't stand Robert Sarver and wish we had a new owner who would keep the team here.)

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Yes, I agree that the city council would be smart to look at this deal since they do have to upgrade the arena at some point regardless.

And of course leave it to Sarver to find the worst possible way to try to engender cooperation.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'd rather start over with a new owner and expansion draft players than keep the current roster if it meant we had to deal with Bobby Shortpockets.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Also, threats to move your franchise to Seattle or Las Vegas is another way of saying, "I'm so bad at this that I have to make these threats because no one wants to support my bullshit organization."

If the Suns maintained their middling-to-occasionally very good level through his ownership then we wouldn't be hearing about his type of thing. No one would be upset about the city putting up $80 million to work with the most historic team in the city.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Suns Owner Robert Sarver Threatens To Move The Team If He Can't Bully Phoenix Out Of More Money

Post by Superbone »

https://deadspin.com/suns-owner-robert- ... 1831051834

This afternoon, the Phoenix City Council is set to vote on a mysterious bill that would authorize $150 million in funding for extensive renovations to the Phoenix Suns’ arena, which was most recently remodeled in 2003. The plan was apparently unveiled less than a week ago; it involves the city paying $150 million, the team paying $80 million, and the Suns agreeing to stay in downtown Phoenix until at least 2037 or face a $200 million fine.

Unsurprisingly, Phoenix citizens seem pretty united in their opposition to give rich asshole and Suns owner Robert Sarver so much money. A full two-thirds of relevant voters think it’s a bad idea, especially since there haven’t been any comprehensive reports on the costs and benefits. According to Laurie Roberts of the Arizona Republic, Sarver had the four votes he needed for a majority of Phoenix’s seven city council members earlier this week, but swing voter Michael Nowakowski is now likely to vote no after releasing a statement that reads, in part “While I have always supported efforts to strengthen and maintain our economy, I must hold true to the value I place on making sure people are informed and heard.”
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:37 pm
Yes, I agree that the city council would be smart to look at this deal since they do have to upgrade the arena at some point regardless.

And of course leave it to Sarver to find the worst possible way to try to engender cooperation.
What a master negotiator!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Re: Suns Owner Robert Sarver Threatens To Move The Team If He Can't Bully Phoenix Out Of More Money

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Maldonado

Re: Suns Owner Robert Sarver Threatens To Move The Team If He Can't Bully Phoenix Out Of More Money

Post by Maldonado »

Gambo was saying if nothing is done by July 2019, then the arena is deemed unfit and the city would be responsible for all costs and the Suns would be out of the lease.
#SarverOut

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Since the team's worth has tripled since Sarver bought it, shouldn't he want to sell it sometime soon to reap the benefits of his investment?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."