Game Day: Timberwolves (13-15) @ Suns (5-24), Sat 12/15/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Game Day: Timberwolves (13-15) @ Suns (5-24), Sat 12/15/18

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:56 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:37 am
Here's a link to the box score:

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401071116

I missed this game, but it looks like everyone other than Josh Jackson had a pretty good game. I don't like having Booker come back early, but he had a nice game (28 points on 10-16 shooting, 7 boards, 7 assists). A lot of guys had strong rebounding numbers: Ayton had 12, Booker 7, Jackson 6, Evans 6, Warren 5, Bridges 5, etc. That impressed me a lot. Jamal Crawford had 7 assists, which is great for our bench unit. Bridges had 3 blocks (!).

Nice to get a couple wins. I do think we should "tank" in a general sense, but I don't think it is good for our team if we just lose every game. I want to see them play the right way and play hard.
The Evans 6 rebounds is impressive as he was the smallest guy on the court last night. I disagree that we should tank in any form or fashion.
I'm totally against tanking this season.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:09 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:56 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:37 am
Here's a link to the box score:

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401071116

I missed this game, but it looks like everyone other than Josh Jackson had a pretty good game. I don't like having Booker come back early, but he had a nice game (28 points on 10-16 shooting, 7 boards, 7 assists). A lot of guys had strong rebounding numbers: Ayton had 12, Booker 7, Jackson 6, Evans 6, Warren 5, Bridges 5, etc. That impressed me a lot. Jamal Crawford had 7 assists, which is great for our bench unit. Bridges had 3 blocks (!).

Nice to get a couple wins. I do think we should "tank" in a general sense, but I don't think it is good for our team if we just lose every game. I want to see them play the right way and play hard.
The Evans 6 rebounds is impressive as he was the smallest guy on the court last night. I disagree that we should tank in any form or fashion.
I'm totally against tanking this season.
I agree. The new draft lottery odds do not make it worth it anyway. I doubt that if we try to win every game, we will be out of the top 5 anyway. This team needs success. They need to see it. There are intriguing players that will be there at 5-8 picks.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I want to revise my comment. I don't mean that we should "tank" as in try to lose or sit out all of our good players or anything like that. But I do mean that we should play the young guys big minutes, even if that means a couple more losses. I don't want to see the Arizas and J.Crawfords of the team getting 30+ minutes in a desperate attempt to eke out 1-2 more wins. That's what I meant to say. But you guys are totally right that true tanking is not what this team should be doing. Even if we do try to win, we will still be one of the league's worst teams.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I like the Melton-Booker-Bridges-Warren-Ayton lineup. 3 rookies. And I’m ok keeping that the rest of the season. I’d also be fine if we added another pg and let Melton come off the bench. Add a new starting 4 and starting pg in the off season and we can go

PG/Booker/Bridges/PF/Ayton with
Okobo/Melton/Jackson/Warren/Holmes off the bench.

I like warren off the bench in the future. If Melton proves capable, he could take the starting spot next to booker next year and we could just add a ball handler off the bench instead.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:26 pm
I want to revise my comment. I don't mean that we should "tank" as in try to lose or sit out all of our good players or anything like that. But I do mean that we should play the young guys big minutes, even if that means a couple more losses. I don't want to see the Arizas and J.Crawfords of the team getting 30+ minutes in a desperate attempt to eke out 1-2 more wins. That's what I meant to say. But you guys are totally right that true tanking is not what this team should be doing. Even if we do try to win, we will still be one of the league's worst teams.
I'm still for winning as many games as possible, and if that means giving Crawford a few more minutes in a game, I'm all for it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

Play whoever has earned his minutes, I don't want anymore spoiled youngs like Chriss.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Crawford and Melton have earned their minutes and have shored up the pg position considerably in the past week or so. Maybe not “The Guys” but, they are getting it done well enough to be respectable and make us competative. The team defense has improved as well.

Gotta give them their due.