Around the League: Week 10 12/17-12/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JCSunsfan

Re: Around the League: Week 10 12/17-12/23

Post by JCSunsfan »

Cap wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:50 pm
JCSunsfan wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:49 pm
carey wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:07 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:44 pm
He’s not the pg we need. I’d stay away
I don't know. I don't think I would give up more than Josh and the Milwaukee pick but he's much much better than anything we currently have (and I like Melton!)

Check out this thread from BW at RealGM for some highlights that are pretty tantalizing.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewto ... #p71304608
Oubre straight up for DJJr works. This is a bad time to trade Josh.
Oubre has almost no trade value because of his contract status. That’s why we were able to get him for Ariza, who also has almost no trade value.
Why would that be? The Suns have control if they want it. He is a RFA.

Cap

Post by Cap »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:07 pm
Cap wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:49 pm
carey wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:07 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:44 pm
He’s not the pg we need. I’d stay away
I don't know. I don't think I would give up more than Josh and the Milwaukee pick but he's much much better than anything we currently have (and I like Melton!)

Check out this thread from BW at RealGM for some highlights that are pretty tantalizing.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewto ... #p71304608
Oubre straight up for DJJr works. This is a bad time to trade Josh.
Oubre has almost no trade value because of his contract status. That’s why we were able to get him for Ariza, who also has almost no trade value.
Why would that be? The Suns have control if they want it. He is a RFA.
That only means a lot for max players. A sub-max RFA leaves you with little value for your ROFR. If somebody else is willing to pay him more than you are, you can lose him; if not, you can probably keep him even without ROFR.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Cap wrote:
I don't think that's true. He'll be restricted, and there will be enough free agents that are better than him that it won't take a crazy deal to retain him. He definitely has value.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

how hard is it to pry jeremy lin away from the hawks?

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:41 pm
Cap wrote:
I don't think that's true. He'll be restricted, and there will be enough free agents that are better than him that it won't take a crazy deal to retain him. He definitely has value.
Of course, I agree with this. Oubre has value.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'm taking Oubre over JJ easily today. EASILY.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Josh Jackson is such replacement-level-at-best garbage. Ugh. So grumpy that we came away with him in that draft. Wish we had gotten the #3 pick and taken Tatum, or at least just taken Fox at #4.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:25 am
Josh Jackson is such replacement-level-at-best garbage. Ugh. So grumpy that we came away with him in that draft. Wish we had gotten the #3 pick and taken Tatum, or at least just taken Fox at #4.
Remember at draft time, word was that Sarver really liked Fox, while McD and the rest of the scouts wanted Jackson.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1155118/ ... n-at-no-4/

SDC

Post by SDC »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:28 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Remember at draft time, word was that Sarver really liked Fox, while McD and the rest of the scouts wanted Jackson.

sarver going against conventional wisdom at that time. good for him. suns still had bledsoe, a healthy knight and ulis then.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:34 am
JCSunsfan wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:28 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

sarver going against conventional wisdom at that time. good for him. suns still had bledsoe, a healthy knight and ulis then.
Could be the major reason Sarver fired McD.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'd believe that, especially with how bad Jackson looked in summer league and preseason.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Question for everyone. If AD is made available, what would you trade for him? If the Suns win the #1 pick, I think the Suns could offer the best package.

I know that everyone talks about the Lakers or the Celtics, but the Lakers would have to gut their young core and the Celtics can't make a trade until July 1st and all those draft picks will most likely be in the back end of the 1st round this year and already picked in a draft that isn't nearly as deep as last year.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:49 pm
Question for everyone. If AD is made available, what would you trade for him? If the Suns win the #1 pick, I think the Suns could offer the best package.

I know that everyone talks about the Lakers or the Celtics, but the Lakers would have to gut their young core and the Celtics can't make a trade until July 1st and all those draft picks will most likely be in the back end of the 1st round this year and already picked in a draft that isn't nearly as deep as last year.
If he indicates he'll stay, I'd trade everyone not named Booker or Ayton, including the #1 pick and a bunch of future firsts. I'd even think about Ayton. Davis is an all-time great.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:

The problem is that AD would have only one year here on his contract. The folks here wouldn't even trade one top-4 pick for 2 years of Kyrie Irving, and the primary excuse given was that he'd just leave Phoenix after those 2 years were up. So if the same folks say they'd love to trade our top assets for *1* year of AD, I call bullsh1t.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:18 pm
In2ition wrote:

The problem is that AD would have only one year here on his contract. The folks here wouldn't even trade one top-4 pick for 2 years of Kyrie Irving, and the primary excuse given was that he'd just leave Phoenix after those 2 years were up. So if the same folks say they'd love to trade our top assets for *1* year of AD, I call bullsh1t.
I think the team is in a better spot to make a trade like this. If they keep Ayton and Booker, I think you can fill the rest of the roster with guys that fit their roles better. Plus, NO wouldn't want all 4 wings, so most likely they will keep 2 of Warren, Oubre, Jackson and Bridges. You could have the time to convince him that Phoenix is on the rise and him with Booker, Ayton and a couple of the wings is where it's at. They could still possibly have cap space to fill out the roster. I think definitely do it, and if he's just all not for Phoenix, you could trade him at the next deadline.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:12 pm
In2ition wrote:

If he indicates he'll stay, I'd trade everyone not named Booker or Ayton, including the #1 pick and a bunch of future firsts. I'd even think about Ayton. Davis is an all-time great.
If the trade had to happen before the deadline this year, would you do Ayton, our pick this year, and in 2021 for him? If he said he would sign long-term here I would really have to consider it. But I also don't know how much stock you can put into it when there is nothing binding.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

This doesn't even feel news worthy with the hypothetical y'all currently discussing lol but found it interesting. Now we have Melton I think he's too similar tho anyways

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Berman/status/1078019125073625090

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:58 pm
This doesn't even feel news worthy with the hypothetical y'all currently discussing lol but found it interesting. Now we have Melton I think he's too similar tho anyways

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Berman/status/1078019125073625090

I think that Frank is a better on the ball defender than Melton, who seems to be actually pretty poor on the ball. He gave up 27 points to Augustine...are you kidding me?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm not sure Frank is an NBA player. At best he's a wing, not a point guard, who can play defense but has no offense. And it's not like, "well he can't shoot, he'll get better"....I mean, he has no feel for offense. No offensive moves, body control, instincts. He's the Knicks' version of Dragan Bender, except all the fanboys on twitter have raging boners for him and basically force the Knicks beatwriters to making Frank a story every single day.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:11 pm
I'm not sure Frank is an NBA player. At best he's a wing, not a point guard, who can play defense but has no offense. And it's not like, "well he can't shoot, he'll get better"....I mean, he has no feel for offense. No offensive moves, body control, instincts. He's the Knicks' version of Dragan Bender, except all the fanboys on twitter have raging boners for him and basically force the Knicks beatwriters to making Frank a story every single day.
I still don't know how to pronounce his name. Every time I look at it, I think the letters must be out of order.