Welcome to PHX, Kelly Oubre Jr!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Xylus

Welcome to PHX, Kelly Oubre Jr!

Post by Xylus »

https://twitter.com/DevinBook/status/1075107294038368256

https://twitter.com/TheTimelinePod/status/1075111412668686337

bajanguy008

Re: Welcome to PHX, Kelly Oubre Jr!

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yo carey , not sure if you are aware or if I might have missed you referencing this in your posts but he's from your neck of the woods. that's a good thing right ? :)

https://twitter.com/WashWizards/status/1070347066684162048

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

carey

Post by carey »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:13 pm
Yo carey , not sure if you are aware or if I might have missed you referencing this in your posts but he's from your neck of the woods. that's a good thing right ? :)

Good looking out. I wasn't aware. I thought D.J. Augustin & Greg Monroe were the only guys from the city in the league. There's a bunch that played college here, but those 2 like Oubre are from the city. Augustin went to the HS that I went to before I moved to Phoenix.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

carey wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:41 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:13 pm

Good looking out. I wasn't aware. I thought D.J. Augustin & Greg Monroe were the only guys from the city in the league. There's a bunch that played college here, but those 2 like Oubre are from the city. Augustin went to the HS that I went to before I moved to Phoenix.
8-) 8-)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I have very low expectations.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:37 pm
I have very low expectations.
A true Suns fan.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm not sure I like the Ariza/Oubre trade. But I'm certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I hope he comes in here with something to prove and plays well for us. Maybe with a team this young, a guy like Oubre will fit in better. Here's hoping.

SDC

Post by SDC »

it was washington who was aggressive in going after ariza. suns just went along with it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

“Defense leads to offense. Just focus on that, just continue to keep that gameplan solid,” Oubre said. “I’m a confident individual but one thing I know I can control everyday is my effort and my energy. I will do that each and every night. My offense will follow. I’m not really worried about that because I know I can play.”

http://arizonasports.com/story/1776057/ ... -everyone/
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Getting back talent and an asset is nice, but I'd rather have the minutes freed up for Bridges, TJ and Jackson. We had a tighter 8 man rotation Monday with TJ getting 39 minutes, Bridges getting 33 and JJ getting 26. We haven't really alleviated the logjam with Oubre and now may have to find him minutes that we don't have at the 3/4.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:47 am
Getting back talent and an asset is nice, but I'd rather have the minutes freed up for Bridges, TJ and Jackson. We had a tighter 8 man rotation Monday with TJ getting 39 minutes, Bridges getting 33 and JJ getting 26. We haven't really alleviated the logjam with Oubre and now may have to find him minutes that we don't have at the 3/4.
Melton-Booker-Bridges-TJ-Ayton
Crawford-Oubre-JJ-Richaun

Daniels and Evans available if needed. I don't really see a logjam.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, just give Crawford all the backup pg minutes and it’ll be fine. Oubre then takes the Evans/Daniels minutes. Play Daniels if we really need the shooting.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I like Oubre. From what I've seen, he works hard and has been committed to getting better and improving his weaknesses. I don't know if he's going to be a difference maker, but we'll see after he gets used to Igor's offense and defensive schemes if he can be that. He's pretty athletic, has some nice skills and long arms to be disruptive. I'll keep a wait and see attitude, but he could also be flipped later too.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Xylus wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:08 am
ShelC wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:47 am
Melton-Booker-Bridges-TJ-Ayton
Crawford-Oubre-JJ-Richaun

Daniels and Evans available if needed. I don't really see a logjam.
JJ at PF?

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s already been playing there. We don’t use Anderson or Bender

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I guess I'd just rather have a PG or PF/C in that spot. It's better that we can move Oubre to the bench and aren't necessarily obligated to start him or give him starter's minutes like Ariza. But I liked the minute distribution against the Knicks among our swings and now we might have to find 25 minutes for Oubre.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

these Oubre comments are so puzzling to me :)
I'm fairly certain not much of us if anybody at all been watching Wizards games especially with M**** there so how are folks so adamant :shock:
Is it just checking box scores ?

I know he's no All Star and jury out on how effective he will be but stuff like thinking he's gonna come in here looking to chuck up shots is off base though in my humble opinion. I just think it's everyone's default right now to expect the worst :oops:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

10 minute video of Oubre playing defense:

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:08 am
10 minute video of Oubre playing defense:

Wow! Looks like everything Josh Jackson was hyped up to be. That's the defense I've been looking for. Relentless.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton