Merry Everything

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Merry Everything

Post by Indy »

I am very thankful for this site, and all of you that support it through funding, moderation, providing all the content, and the great discussions. Hope you and the ones you care about have a wonderful (upcoming and belated) winter solstice, christmas, chanukah, kwanzaa, festivus, boxing day, Ōmisoka, and anything else I may have missed.

The Bobster

Re: Merry Everything

Post by The Bobster »

Right back atcha!

This has been a fortunate holiday season for me in a way, my 78-year-old mother had a small stroke about two weeks ago, and had aphasia and limited use in her right side, but after two weeks of hospital and physical therapy she's now walking with a cane and speaking well and will be leaving the rehab hospital this week. Things could have been much, much worse.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:30 pm
Right back atcha!

This has been a fortunate holiday season for me in a way, my 78-year-old mother had a small stroke about two weeks ago, and had aphasia and limited use in her right side, but after two weeks of hospital and physical therapy she's now walking with a cane and speaking well and will be leaving the rehab hospital this week. Things could have been much, much worse.
Glad to hear she's on the mend, Bobster. Best wishes to you and your family.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everybody. I'm having a nice holiday in Seattle with my wife and her family. Then in a couple days we'll fly to Tucson, where I grew up, to see my side of the family. Everybody loves our daughter, Eve, and we love bringing her out to show her off and let her play with all her grandparents, uncles, and cousins. Fun times. Much love to all.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Merry Christmas, all!
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:09 pm
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everybody. I'm having a nice holiday in Seattle with my wife and her family. Then in a couple days we'll fly to Tucson, where I grew up, to see my side of the family. Everybody loves our daughter, Eve, and we love bringing her out to show her off and let her play with all her grandparents, uncles, and cousins. Fun times. Much love to all.

What a great photo, Marty. I have a 3-year-old son and Christmas time with him is the absolute greatest. What part of Tucson did you grow up in? I lived there for 7 years.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:06 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:30 pm
Right back atcha!

Glad to hear she's on the mend, Bobster. Best wishes to you and your family.
Thanks, when you go to one of those rehab hospitals and see someone missing a leg, or with a broken back it really puts things into perspective. In my mother's case they're more concerned with preventing future strokes - her recovery from this one was pretty quick and should eventually be pretty complete.

Happy Holidays to everyone here, hope you all get to enjoy some quality time with your loved ones!
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Having a blast with my family. Happy Holidays to all! You’re daughter is a doll, Marty! Here’s to a stellar 2019.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Xylus wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:24 pm
Merry Christmas, all!

What a great photo, Marty. I have a 3-year-old son and Christmas time with him is the absolute greatest. What part of Tucson did you grow up in? I lived there for 7 years.
I grew up in Oro Valley, near Ina and La Cholla and Foothills Mall. I went to Canyon del Oro High School if you know where that is.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:55 pm
Xylus wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:24 pm
Merry Christmas, all!

I grew up in Oro Valley, near Ina and La Cholla and Foothills Mall. I went to Canyon del Oro High School if you know where that is.
Heh. I was right in that area Sunday night while visiting my uncles and cousins.
"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm just thankful that I've been talking Suns with some of the same folks for the past 25 years. We could have lost the community at several points -- thanks for picking up the ball, Marty and everyone.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mele Kalikimaka!

Sometimes it’s not easy being a Suns fan but, you all make it a little easier. I hope you all are enjoying whatever it is you celebrate. Here’s to the Suns making us proud once again in the future.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Happy Christmas to all of you.
Love still being here even though still remote from most of you.
Here’s to a more positive Suns outlook and especially hope all of you have a better 2019 than 2018 in your lives.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Is everyone going to Tucson this week? Wow. I will be there Saturday.

And Marty--based on what you said, I think you graduated CDO with my wife.

Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Happy holidays everyone! I appreciate this community, being able to talk Suns the last 15 or so years with you guys.
#SarverOut

pickle

Post by pickle »

Happy holidays everyone!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:07 pm
Is everyone going to Tucson this week? Wow. I will be there Saturday.

And Marty--based on what you said, I think you graduated CDO with my wife.
I was in the class of 1997. What was she? PM me her name if you want me to let you know if I knew her!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday! Now let’s get this year over with and bring on 2019!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Season's Greetings to Everyone

I probably chat more in here than in some WhatsApp groups with people I've actually met :) .
Always good discussion and laughs plus initially I figured I would be joining a Forum with a bunch of folks in North America....
It's really cool tho that there are fellow fans in Mexico, Brazil, UK, Europe, Hong Kong (I think) so all the best to you guys in 2019 8-)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

pickle

Post by pickle »

I think Hong Kong has moved back to the US. There's some Beijing here but I haven't been posting as much.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Also, Marty, your daughter is adorable!