Suns News: Weeks 11 & 12 - 12/24-1/6

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Cap
Posts: 5851
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by Cap » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:08 am

carey wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:48 am
Hi. I'm in a lot of pain today so threads will be late again. Sorry all.
-C.
Sorry to hear that. What’s going on?
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 7375
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by Split T » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:26 am

Garland
Culver
Clarke

Windler
Okeke
Bazley

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 2077
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by AmareIsGod » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:53 am

Did you know.

Ayton’s increased motor has led to him leading the league in offensive rebounds amassing 5.9 per game.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 7375
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by Split T » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:55 am

Ayton is probably going to finish pretty close to 18/12/2 and shooting 60% from the field. Based on current national media trends though, Luka will runaway with the ROY.
Garland
Culver
Clarke

Windler
Okeke
Bazley

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 2077
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by AmareIsGod » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:55 am

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
Marty [Mori Chu]
Posts: 9661
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by Marty [Mori Chu] » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:15 pm

Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:26 am
Call a doctor! It's been 4 hours and I'm still fully aroused!!

User avatar
Marty [Mori Chu]
Posts: 9661
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by Marty [Mori Chu] » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:16 pm

carey wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:48 am
Hi. I'm in a lot of pain today so threads will be late again. Sorry all.
-C.
Sorry to hear that, carey. Hope you and your family will be okay. We all appreciate your work here to keep discussions going, but if you are going through a rough week, please feel free to take time to rest. We can have others make threads if needed. Best wishes to you and yours for the new year, bud.

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 5851
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by Cap » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:49 pm

Our recent wins have DA starting to run way with the WS lead among rookies. He’s at 3.8. Luka is tied for second place with JJJ at 2.4.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 5851
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by Cap » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:02 pm

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:53 am
Did you know.

Ayton’s increased motor has led to him leading the league in offensive rebounds amassing 5.9 per game.
Not even close to leading the league: http://bkref.com/tiny/PlrRA

He’s at 3.2 on the season.

He has averaged 5.9 over the last eight games, which would lead the league if it were his season average.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 14431
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by Superbone » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:08 pm

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:16 pm
carey wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:48 am
Hi. I'm in a lot of pain today so threads will be late again. Sorry all.
-C.
Sorry to hear that, carey. Hope you and your family will be okay. We all appreciate your work here to keep discussions going, but if you are going through a rough week, please feel free to take time to rest. We can have others make threads if needed. Best wishes to you and yours for the new year, bud.
Yes, really sorry to hear this. Hang in there, carey and know that we're thinking about you. Here's to a better 2019.
O_Gardino: "Ntilikina is going to lead the NBA in assists once he gets going[2025]..."

User avatar
carey
Posts: 10610
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by carey » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:05 pm

Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:55 am
Ayton is probably going to finish pretty close to 18/12/2 and shooting 60% from the field. Based on current national media trends though, Luka will runaway with the ROY.
I hope analytic twitter gets involved for a late Ayton push.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
carey
Posts: 10610
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by carey » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:07 pm

Superbone wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:08 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:16 pm
carey wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:48 am
Hi. I'm in a lot of pain today so threads will be late again. Sorry all.
-C.
Sorry to hear that, carey. Hope you and your family will be okay. We all appreciate your work here to keep discussions going, but if you are going through a rough week, please feel free to take time to rest. We can have others make threads if needed. Best wishes to you and yours for the new year, bud.
Yes, really sorry to hear this. Hang in there, carey and know that we're thinking about you. Here's to a better 2019.
Thanks folks. Just have to take a lot of meds that leaves my head all foggy so hard to do cognitive tasks in general.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 2097
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by bajanguy008 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:48 pm

Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:26 am
maybe it will be as the season goes on or as a focus over the summer but when Mikal is consistently putting the ball on the floor I'm going to be really excite. I saw someone on Twitter mention Middleton which I found rather interesting , comparing skillset and efficiency
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 4870
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by INFORMER » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:32 pm

Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:26 am
Is it just me, or is it more significant that Kawhi Leonard only averaged 7.9 ppg as a rookie?
1st round targets: Brandon Clarke, Rui Hachimura, Nickeil Alexander Williams, Bol Bol, Dylan Windler, Grant Williams, PJ Washington
2nd round targets: Tremont Waters, Dedric Lawson, Zylon Cheathem, Mike Daum, Robert Franks Jr.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 7375
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by Split T » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:23 pm

Ya comparing to Kawhi probably isn’t the best idea. Kawhi made some huge jumps in his development. Also, I’d guess he didn’t play a ton of minutes as a rookie jumping into a championship level squad.
Garland
Culver
Clarke

Windler
Okeke
Bazley

User avatar
The Bobster
Posts: 3654
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by The Bobster » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:39 pm

Leonard was also 2 years younger.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 2077
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by AmareIsGod » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:11 am

Cap wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:02 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:53 am
Did you know.

Ayton’s increased motor has led to him leading the league in offensive rebounds amassing 5.9 per game.
Not even close to leading the league: http://bkref.com/tiny/PlrRA

He’s at 3.2 on the season.

He has averaged 5.9 over the last eight games, which would lead the league if it were his season average.
Thanks Cap! Saw that stat on Twitter. Would have been nice if the Tweeter mentioned it being a sample size.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
virtual9mm
Posts: 596
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by virtual9mm » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:01 pm

carey wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:48 am
Hi. I'm in a lot of pain today so threads will be late again. Sorry all.
-C.
Hope you are feeling better!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 14431
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 11 12/24-12/30

Post by Superbone » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:31 pm

O_Gardino: "Ntilikina is going to lead the NBA in assists once he gets going[2025]..."

Online
User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 4578
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: Weeks 11 & 12 - 12/24-1/6

Post by ShelC » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:40 pm

Alan Williams was let go by the Nets to sign a deal in China. I would've liked to have seen him back for some depth behind Ayton and Holmes.

Post Reply