Game Day: Nuggets (22-11) @ Suns (9-27), Sat 12/29/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: RE: Re: Game Day: Nuggets (22-11) @ Suns (9-27), Sat 12/29/18

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:07 am
Indy wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:42 am
carey wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:18 am
Indy wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:48 am
Zion will be the PF next year. :-)
There is no way, even with the worst record, we will win the lottery again. Because I am a masochist, I ran through the tankathon simulation a few times. We came away with the 6th pick 5 times as often as the 1st. I know it is just an odds machine, and the odds are flatter than before. But right now 5 teams have 12 wins or less. ATL (12), CHI/NYK/PHX (10), CLE (8). It is reasonable to expect we could end up anywhere between 1 and 5. The 5th team has a 27% chance of picking 7th... and a 10% of 1st. They could pick as late as 9th.
We could come out of this season with only the 9th pick? f*** that's gross.

Zion to Cleveland is a done deal btw.
Do you really think the lottery is rigged?
Only by Lachesis.

You know, we’ve been in the lottery 1500 years, we’ve got twice as many #1s as that. Zion is the latest in a long line of bastards to be drafted first overall and he will be the latest to go to Cleveland. Fate wills it so.
Lachesis (/ˈlækɪsɪs/; Greek: Λάχεσις, Lakhesis, "disposer of lots", from λαγχάνω, lanchano, "to obtain by lot, by fate, or by the will of the gods"), in ancient Greek religion, was the second of the Three Fates, or Moirai: Clotho, Lachesis and Atropos. Normally seen clothed in white, Lachesis is the measurer of the thread spun on Clotho's spindle, and in some texts, determines Destiny, or thread of life.[1] Her Roman equivalent was Decima. Lachesis was the apportioner, deciding how much time for life was to be allowed for each person or being.[2] She measured the thread of life with her rod. She is also said to choose a person's destiny after a thread was measured. In mythology, it is said that she appears with her sisters within three days of a baby's birth to decide its fate.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Re: RE: Re: Game Day: Nuggets (22-11) @ Suns (9-27), Sat 12/29/18

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:42 am

Do you really think the lottery is rigged?
Not at all, but I do believe some things just have a way of working out certain ways.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Re: Game Day: Nuggets (22-11) @ Suns (9-27), Sat 12/29/18

Post by Shabazz »

Sorry - but Cleveland has had their share of luck over the last 15 years. Karmically it should probably go to the Knicks (for their fans, not Dolan).