Suns News: Week 14 1/14-1/20

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Suns News: Week 14 1/14-1/20

Post by Cap »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:05 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:56 am
That speech from the guy who shot Wilcox is terrifying. That is a direct threat. He should get arrested for saying that, given his past behavior. He literally directly referenced shooting a lawmaker over a law he didn't like in the past and then pointed out that he also didn't like this law.
Agreed. I don't know whether he left the room before the vote or not, but I think some reporter said that he was still sitting there after his speech. A former councilman speaking later said that the police should review the tape to see whether he had made a threat.
The police say they are reviewing it.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:09 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:05 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:56 am
That speech from the guy who shot Wilcox is terrifying. That is a direct threat. He should get arrested for saying that, given his past behavior. He literally directly referenced shooting a lawmaker over a law he didn't like in the past and then pointed out that he also didn't like this law.
Agreed. I don't know whether he left the room before the vote or not, but I think some reporter said that he was still sitting there after his speech. A former councilman speaking later said that the police should review the tape to see whether he had made a threat.
Pretty gutsy for her to vote Yes after this wacko's threat.
She isn't currently on the council, so she didn't have a vote, but she was there in attendance and had spoken in favor of the deal shortly before he spoke.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

TJ will be out 1-2 weeks per Kokoskov.

Indy

Post by Indy »

For a sore foot? This is a great reason to start Bender in his place, but you know he will just start JJ and KO together and will continue to get out-rebounded by 20 a game.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

"For a sore foot?"

The report is that TJ has a bone bruise.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, I didn't see that until after. The "injury report" last night said "sore foot" so I was confused.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Bone bruise makes sense, they take a long time to heal. Apparently they didn't sit him long enough last time for it to fully heal and now he re-injured it. Sounds like what happened with Booker earlier in the season.

Why do they keep rushing players back? And why is our vaunted medical staff allowing it to happen?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

I think TJ is gone by the tradeline. Jones just creates smokescreen so that we don't look desperate. But in fact we are.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if TJ was dealt. But it has to be the right kind of move. I think we would need to get back a sizable expiring contract and a prospect/draft pick.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I would also move Josh Jackson.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

I might be in the minority but I don’t think anyone on our roster is untouchable. All options should be on the table.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Maybe we should just trade for all the draft picks. Booker to NY for their pick. Ayton to Cleveland for their pick. Be hard to get anymore...maybe Warren to the bulls for the right to swap our best pick for their pick. That gives us 4 chances at #1 and Zion.

In all seriousness, I think I’d try and move Warren. He’s a good player, but unless we land Zion, it feels like we’re stuck playing him at the 4 and he just doesn’t defend or rebound enough. I fell like he’d be pretty valuable to quite a few contenders as a small ball 4 scoring threat off the bench who can also be used as a spot up shooter now. Thunder, Jazz, Rockets, Spurs, Nets, Pistons, Kings and I’m sure more all seem like decent fits.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I think we're undervaluing TJ quite a bit. Even with the flaws in his game, his production and maybe mostly his contract, make him really important to the team in my opinion. He's just a really, really, good deal, and having that combination of production and contract gives us an opportunity to surround him with better players.

I'd personally really like to see him more at the SF position, and just filling in at the PF position. But I think we need to try and keep him around, because we're just getting so much value out of that contract. Unless we're getting an all-star in return, I'm very hesitant to trade TJ.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I like TJ too. He’s on a great deal and his added 3 point shot has been great. We just have a lot of needs and not exactly spreading our talent out evenly. Lots of overlap between our wings and no actual pg or pf. Warren happens to be the established player that could actually bring back something useful. Warren isn’t an All-Star, he won’t ever be, don’t know why you’d need an All-Star in return for him.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I'm afraid we're going to resign Oubre, and it doesn't make any sense to keep him and Warren.

Warren has a great deal and he has incredible strides as a shooter. But you can't win with him at the 4, and we have a million players whose best position is the 3. Warren isn't a difference-maker for us because all of his weaknesses are HUGE weaknesses for the entire team.

That is why I am willing to move him.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Maybe we should just trade for all the draft picks. Booker to NY for their pick. Ayton to Cleveland for their pick. Be hard to get anymore...maybe Warren to the bulls for the right to swap our best pick for their pick. That gives us 4 chances at #1 and Zion.
Where is this coming from?

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:59 pm
Split T wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Where is this coming from?
I was just joking

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:58 pm
I'm afraid we're going to resign Oubre, and it doesn't make any sense to keep him and Warren.

Warren has a great deal and he has incredible strides as a shooter. But you can't win with him at the 4, and we have a million players whose best position is the 3. Warren isn't a difference-maker for us because all of his weaknesses are HUGE weaknesses for the entire team.

I prefer Oubre over Warren. He just brings a lot more intangibles.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:46 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:58 pm

I prefer Oubre over Warren. He just brings a lot more intangibles.
I agree.

If I’m keeping two of Jackson, Warren, Bridges and Oubre, I’m taking Oubre and Bridges.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Jackson is growing on me.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass