Game Day: Trailblazers (29-20) @ Suns (11-38), Thurs 1/24/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
djy2j

Re: Game Day: Trailblazers (29-20) @ Suns (11-38), Thurs 1/24/19

Post by djy2j »

I thought Bender played well again and Jackson had good energy. The rest of the team was trash after the 2st quarter.

I realize Acy isn't the reason we suck but there's got to be a better 10 day contract out there. He literally has no basketball skills. He plays hard and gives 100% but those aren't basketball skills.

Melton is tough to watch right now. Sucks about his injury but may be best for him to sit out a few games and recharge.

I'm done trying to figure out Igor. Unless your last name is Popovich you have no business calling a timeout 30 seconds into a quarter.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

This team is so fucking cheap. They have an open roster spot and they haven’t brought in another 10 day player with BOTH centers out. We have a rotation that only has 2 players that can conceivably be a 4 or a 5 (they’re probably both 4s). Now would have been the time to throw Eric Moreland our for a few minutes. Or one of our NAZ big men.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:26 am
This team is so fucking cheap. They have an open roster spot and they haven’t brought in another 10 day player with BOTH centers out. We have a rotation that only has 2 players that can conceivably be a 4 or a 5 (they’re probably both 4s). Now would have been the time to throw Eric Moreland our for a few minutes. Or one of our NAZ big men.
Do you think they told Booker they are not making a push this year because there is no chance in hell of making the playoffs, so they are going to sit on those roster spots (and the cash) and hope to move their pick for a star this summer? And that has make Book play like he doesn't care the last month?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:37 am
Shabazz wrote:
This team is so f*** cheap. They have an open roster spot and they haven’t brought in another 10 day player with BOTH centers out. We have a rotation that only has 2 players that can conceivably be a 4 or a 5 (they’re probably both 4s). Now would have been the time to throw Eric Moreland our for a few minutes. Or one of our NAZ big men.
Do you think they told Booker they are not making a push this year because there is no chance in hell of making the playoffs, so they are going to sit on those roster spots (and the cash) and hope to move their pick for a star this summer? And that has make Book play like he doesn't care the last month?
I hope not.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

I am trying to find an excuse for his disinterested play, and that actually seems like something Sarver et al would do.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

He's realizing that he is a big fish in a stinking pond.
With his max contract, he's the king of nothing.

Last year's record was the franchise's worst since the initial season.
Management vowed this season would be better.
Nope ... the Suns are headed to an even worse record.

Meanwhile, the front office is being run on a shoestring budget.
Management indicates there probably will be no moves/trades in February.
No point guard is forthcoming.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Gonna lure one of those big name free agents like we always do, fam!
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

djy2j wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:00 am
Gonna lure one of those big name free agents like we always do, fam!
Don't laugh - it's probably their "plan."
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Maybe we can make a play for Brandon Knight.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:05 am
Indy wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:37 am
Shabazz wrote:
This team is so f*** cheap. They have an open roster spot and they haven’t brought in another 10 day player with BOTH centers out. We have a rotation that only has 2 players that can conceivably be a 4 or a 5 (they’re probably both 4s). Now would have been the time to throw Eric Moreland our for a few minutes. Or one of our NAZ big men.
I hope not.
I saw an interview earlier in the year where Booker called Conley the most underrated player in the league, so you know he's a fan. I wouldn't be surprised if he approached Jones about getting in the mix there and was shot down.

If this franchise is banking on free agency fixing our PG problem, someone needs to show them that old saying about insanity. There's a viable solution on the trade market now. Take the bird in hand. Kemba's not coming here. Rubio and Brogdon may be better timeline fits and more cost effective, but that doesn't factor in how much we'd have to overpay to have them choose this cesspool over other teams. Guys like Rozier, McConnell, etc are all borderline starters that we'd have to overpay and I'm not sure they're much better than Okobo and Melton in year 2.

Conley's not perfect. He's expensive and Injury prone. But he would make us a credible team starting tomorrow and for the next two years. Get it done.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Exactly