Suns News: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Suns News: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:51 pm

Here you go SDC, we didn’t need to trade for him. Can pick him up if we want
Wait, can't we still send them a couple firsts and Mikal for him?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:51 pm

Here you go SDC, we didn’t need to trade for him. Can pick him up if we want
You mean we don't need to give up Josh Jackson and a 1st for the Clippers' 15th best player?

EDIT: Crap. Indy beat me to it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It was the softest of soft balls.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

https://twitter.com/BrendonKleen14/status/1093571717975306240

I think this tweet sums it pretty much.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Split T

Post by Split T »

Now that the deadline is over, what’s everyone’s plan for the future?

I mentioned it earlier, but I think I’d renounce Oubre’s rights, freeing up about 20-23 million in cap space. That gives us a few options. We can keep our pick and use it to draft a pg or pf(Ja Morant or Deandre Hunter would be my top choices) and then use the 20 million to sign whatever we don’t draft. Or we could use the draft pick as trade bait to add a player into our cap space. I floated Aaron Gordon as an idea.

Trading for Gordon would give us about 8 million to spend in free agency. I’d use that on a stop gap vet pg like Darren Collison. That gives us a lineup at the start of the season of:

PG. Collison, Melton, Okobo
SG. Booker, Johnson
SF. Bridges, Jackson
PF. Gordon, Warren
C. Ayton, Holmes

We could then use some combination of Collison/Johnson expirings, plus TJ Warren, one of Okobo/Melton and draft picks to trade for a more permanent pg solution. Probably wishful thinking, but let’s say we get Jrue for Johnson/Warren/Okobo/2 1sts

We finish the year with:

Pg. Jrue, Collison
Sg. Booker, Melton
Sf. Bridges, Jackson
Pf. Gordon
C. Ayton, Holmes

Split T

Post by Split T »

If we choose to keep the draft pick, we could draft Deandre Hunter, then use the cap space to sign a permanent pg. Brogdon would be my first choice, but feels like we’d have to settle for someone like Rozier. Then use Johnson/Warren to trade for a PF.

That option doesn’t seem as exciting to me. I’m a little underwhelmed with the pg free agent class as I think everyone worth pursuing is either restricted and not likely to be signable or not interested in signing with us. Trading for a pg feels like the better option(Conley, Jrue, Lowry)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Of course, throw all these ideas out if we land 1. In that case, you draft Zion and then move anyone not named Booker, Ayton or Bridges for a pg.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:16 pm
Now that the deadline is over, what’s everyone’s plan for the future?

I mentioned it earlier, but I think I’d renounce Oubre’s rights, freeing up about 20-23 million in cap space. That gives us a few options. We can keep our pick and use it to draft a pg or pf(Ja Morant or Deandre Hunter would be my top choices) and then use the 20 million to sign whatever we don’t draft. Or we could use the draft pick as trade bait to add a player into our cap space. I floated Aaron Gordon as an idea.

Trading for Gordon would give us about 8 million to spend in free agency. I’d use that on a stop gap vet pg like Darren Collison. That gives us a lineup at the start of the season of:

PG. Collison, Melton, Okobo
SG. Booker, Johnson
SF. Bridges, Jackson
PF. Gordon, Warren
C. Ayton, Holmes

We could then use some combination of Collison/Johnson expirings, plus TJ Warren, one of Okobo/Melton and draft picks to trade for a more permanent pg solution. Probably wishful thinking, but let’s say we get Jrue for Johnson/Warren/Okobo/2 1sts

We finish the year with:

Pg. Jrue, Collison
Sg. Booker, Melton
Sf. Bridges, Jackson
Pf. Gordon
C. Ayton, Holmes
I would be good with this. If Julius Randle or Mirotic could be had at half the cost of Gordon, I’d probably go that route to save some money and flexibility.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Another idea:

Trade Johnson, our 2019 pick(assuming it’s like 4th or 5th) and Okobo to Memphis at the draft for Conley. Renounce Oubre. Sign Mirotic.

Conley, Booker, Bridges, Mirotic, Ayton with Melton, Jackson, Warren, Holmes off the bench.

Still have Mil 1st to use as a trade asset.

Would rather do something like this for Jrue, can’t see him available at the draft though.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I would rather take Rozier at $15 million or trade for Lonzo or Jrue, than Conley at $30 million plus our pick and Okobo.

I am holding out hope that the Blazers will look to trade Dame at some point.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:22 pm
If we choose to keep the draft pick, we could draft Deandre Hunter, then use the cap space to sign a permanent pg. Brogdon would be my first choice, but feels like we’d have to settle for someone like Rozier. Then use Johnson/Warren to trade for a PF.

That option doesn’t seem as exciting to me. I’m a little underwhelmed with the pg free agent class as I think everyone worth pursuing is either restricted and not likely to be signable or not interested in signing with us. Trading for a pg feels like the better option(Conley, Jrue, Lowry)
why would we draft another SF? We have Bridges and I don't think Hunter is a 4.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think he’s a 4. We’ll see how he measures out. I’ve heard 6’8 220 with a 7’2 wingspan. But I understand the concerns, we’d have some rebounding issues still. I think he’ll be a better 4 than any of our current wings.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:46 pm
I would rather take Rozier at $15 million or trade for Lonzo or Jrue, than Conley at $30 million plus our pick and Okobo.

That’s fair. A Conley trade would be risky. I’m a little worried about signing Rozier though. I’m not convinced he’s a good nba starting pg.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:31 pm
specialsauce wrote:

That’s fair. A Conley trade would be risky. I’m a little worried about signing Rozier though. I’m not convinced he’s a good nba starting pg.
He's not even an NBA starting PG, let a lone a good one.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:35 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:31 pm
specialsauce wrote:

He's not even an NBA starting PG, let a lone a good one.
I'm very much off the Rozier bandwagon. I think signing him would be a big mistake. We need a steadier hand at PG.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think Rozier here would be worse than Bledsoe was.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Glad to see that people are over Rozier. He is very unimpressive.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I’ll admit i have not watched much Boston basketball this year but have you guys seen his splits as a starter vs reserve?

At least on paper seems like an entirely different player.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:10 pm
I’ll admit i have not watched much Boston basketball this year but have you guys seen his splits as a starter vs reserve?

Good point.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

carey

Post by carey »

specialsauce wrote:I’ll admit i have not watched much Boston basketball this year but have you guys seen his splits as a starter vs reserve?

I have not. Care to post them?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!