2019 NBA Trade Deadline

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: 2019 NBA Trade Deadline

Post by INFORMER »

iLLmatic wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:30 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:05 am
djy2j wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:04 am
There you go, a handful of nothings!

INF would wet his pants
No, I wouldn't. But thanks for the mention.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:31 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:19 am
It’s absolutely nothing to most people except draft enthusiasts. Those are the same people who buy scratchers for 10 years to win $100 one time. Second round picks are almost always trash and they take up roster spots and salary cap space. It’s an opportunity cost. I would trade a pick that has a 10% chance of ending up as a future 8th man and a 1% chance at being an All-Star any day of the week for a player who is guaranteed to be a contributor.
Just a few 2nd round picks in the last 5 years

Nikola Jokic, Dwight Powell, Malcolm Brogdon, Monte Morris, Josh Richardson, Jordan Bell, Rodions Kurics, Mitchell Robinson, Joe Harris, Spencer Dinwiddie, Jordan Clarkson, Jeramy Grant, Montrezl Harrell, Richaun Holmes, Pat Connaughton, Norman Powell, Ivica Zubac, Chieck Diallo, Patrick McCaw, Jake Layman, Jonah Bolden, Semi Ojeyle, Thomas Bryant, Dillon Brooks.
If George King ain't on the list the list is trash ;)
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:42 am
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
It’s absolutely nothing to most people except draft enthusiasts. Those are the same people who buy scratchers for 10 years to win $100 one time. Second round picks are almost always trash and they take up roster spots and salary cap space. It’s an opportunity cost. I would trade a pick that has a 10% chance of ending up as a future 8th man and a 1% chance at being an All-Star any day of the week for a player who is guaranteed to be a contributor.

Nikola Jokic, Dwight Powell, Malcolm Brogdon, Monte Morris, Josh Richardson, Jordan Bell, Rodions Kurics, Mitchell Robinson, Joe Harris, Spencer Dinwiddie, Jordan Clarkson, Jeramy Grant, Montrezl Harrell, Richaun Holmes, Pat Connaughton, Norman Powell, Ivica Zubac, Chieck Diallo, Patrick McCaw, Jake Layman, Jonah Bolden, Semi Ojeyle, Thomas Bryant, Dillon Brooks.
Out of 150 picks in 5 years, that’s your list. Outside of Jokic and Dinwiddie, nobody else is more talented than Mirotic. Brogdon is solid. The rest are a bunch of 7th-8th men at best. Some of those players you listed belong in the G league. That’s your ceiling!
Well you said 10% chance at 8th man... this is 15-20% of the picks over the last 5 years and surely a few more will pan out(Melton for instance)

Every single one of these guys are rotation players. No one is g league quality on the list. A good 6 or 7 of them are starting or playing starter minutes for playoff teams.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Split T

Post by Split T »

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

It's fun to see other teams make moves to improve their team. I hope to experience it as a fan some day.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Split T

Post by Split T »

I wonder if Memphis has plans for Delon Wright...I wouldn’t mind targeting him in the summer.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

djy2j wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:56 am
*I'm off work today and will be scouring twitter all day posting relevant news here as soon as it happens if you want to check in to this thread for updates
Nice!
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:49 am
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Out of 150 picks in 5 years, that’s your list. Outside of Jokic and Dinwiddie, nobody else is more talented than Mirotic. Brogdon is solid. The rest are a bunch of 7th-8th men at best. Some of those players you listed belong in the G league. That’s your ceiling!
Well you said 10% chance at 8th man... this is 15-20% of the picks over the last 5 years and surely a few more will pan out(Melton for instance)

Every single one of these guys are rotation players. No one is g league quality on the list. A good 6 or 7 of them are starting or playing starter minutes for playoff teams.
Pat Connaughton has played in 34 of 53 games.

Jordan Bell plays 11 mpg and has a half dozen DNPs. Most of his minutes come in garbage time.

Mitchell Robinson has 16 DNPs. He’s a rookie. Just like Okobo and Melton, time will tell if he’s a player or not.

Zubac has 21 DNPs.

Mccaw has never averaged more than 4 ppg and is currently shooting <19% from the field in his first 10 games this year.

List goes on. These players are barely players. I’m not holding back on acquiring a rotation player because im scared I’ll miss out on the next Zubac.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

djy2j wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:45 am
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

If George King ain't on the list the list is trash ;)
Isaiah Thomas. 60th pick. Mr. Irrelevant.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

djy2j wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:56 am
It's fun to see other teams make moves to improve their team. I hope to experience it as a fan some day.
We sign off for the season and then sign on in time for the NBA lottery, make the wrong decisions in the draft and then decide well just try again the next draft. No meaningful or targeted trades, FA signings, etc.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What a great time it has been to be a Suns fan the last 10 years! Thank you, Mr. Sarver! Please sir, can we have some more?
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:03 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:49 am
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Pat Connaughton has played in 34 of 53 games.

Jordan Bell plays 11 mpg and has a half dozen DNPs. Most of his minutes come in garbage time.

Mitchell Robinson has 16 DNPs. He’s a rookie. Just like Okobo and Melton, time will tell if he’s a player or not.

Zubac has 21 DNPs.

Mccaw has never averaged more than 4 ppg and is currently shooting <19% from the field in his first 10 games this year.

List goes on. These players are barely players. I’m not holding back on acquiring a rotation player because im scared I’ll miss out on the next Zubac.
Zubac wasn’t playing to start the season, but he’s been very good lately. 20/11/2 per 36 numbers. McCaw has had a weird season and barely got signed. He’s been awful, but he played rotation minutes for the warriors the last 2 years and is still super young. Connaugton hasn’t been very good this year, I’ll give you that, but he played 82 games/18 min per game last year for the 3rd seed in the west. Mitchell Robinson has shown a lot of flashes this year, he’s a rookie and raw, but looks very promising. Bell has taken a step back this year, but still plays minutes for the warriors. He’ll get a chance with someone next year.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 am
Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:56 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:54 am
Mirotic to Milwaukee.

Are we even f*** trying? Is anybody in the office? Or does James Jones strictly work to do favors for other teams and players.
There is zero point to trading for Mirotic. He’s an unrestricted free agent. 11 win teams don’t make 30 game rental trades. That would be very dumb.
You get a chance to evaluate his fit with Ayton for the rest of the year and resign him. I would absolutely be for it. What is the point of waiting? What are we waiting for? They got him for a bag of dicks. I’m sure Sarver has plenty of those sitting around to offer.
I know you are seriously annoyed but this was funny sauce :lol:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Who is praying for a miracle today ?
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Split T

Post by Split T »

Democritus wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:21 pm
Who is praying for a miracle today ?
I’m just praying we don’t do anything stupid

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Gortat being waived by the Clippers because they have eleventy billion players on their roster

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Split T

Post by Split T »