2019 NBA Trade Deadline

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: 2019 NBA Trade Deadline

Post by specialsauce »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:14 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 am
Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:56 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:54 am
Mirotic to Milwaukee.

Are we even f*** trying? Is anybody in the office? Or does James Jones strictly work to do favors for other teams and players.
There is zero point to trading for Mirotic. He’s an unrestricted free agent. 11 win teams don’t make 30 game rental trades. That would be very dumb.
You get a chance to evaluate his fit with Ayton for the rest of the year and resign him. I would absolutely be for it. What is the point of waiting? What are we waiting for? They got him for a bag of dicks. I’m sure Sarver has plenty of those sitting around to offer.
I know you are seriously annoyed but this was funny sauce :lol:
:mrgreen: :twisted:

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

God dammit I wanted Swanigan!
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:13 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:03 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:49 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:42 am
Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:31 am

Just a few 2nd round picks in the last 5 years

Nikola Jokic, Dwight Powell, Malcolm Brogdon, Monte Morris, Josh Richardson, Jordan Bell, Rodions Kurics, Mitchell Robinson, Joe Harris, Spencer Dinwiddie, Jordan Clarkson, Jeramy Grant, Montrezl Harrell, Richaun Holmes, Pat Connaughton, Norman Powell, Ivica Zubac, Chieck Diallo, Patrick McCaw, Jake Layman, Jonah Bolden, Semi Ojeyle, Thomas Bryant, Dillon Brooks.
Out of 150 picks in 5 years, that’s your list. Outside of Jokic and Dinwiddie, nobody else is more talented than Mirotic. Brogdon is solid. The rest are a bunch of 7th-8th men at best. Some of those players you listed belong in the G league. That’s your ceiling!
Well you said 10% chance at 8th man... this is 15-20% of the picks over the last 5 years and surely a few more will pan out(Melton for instance)

Every single one of these guys are rotation players. No one is g league quality on the list. A good 6 or 7 of them are starting or playing starter minutes for playoff teams.
Pat Connaughton has played in 34 of 53 games.

Jordan Bell plays 11 mpg and has a half dozen DNPs. Most of his minutes come in garbage time.

Mitchell Robinson has 16 DNPs. He’s a rookie. Just like Okobo and Melton, time will tell if he’s a player or not.

Zubac has 21 DNPs.

Mccaw has never averaged more than 4 ppg and is currently shooting <19% from the field in his first 10 games this year.

List goes on. These players are barely players. I’m not holding back on acquiring a rotation player because im scared I’ll miss out on the next Zubac.
Zubac wasn’t playing to start the season, but he’s been very good lately. 20/11/2 per 36 numbers. McCaw has had a weird season and barely got signed. He’s been awful, but he played rotation minutes for the warriors the last 2 years and is still super young. Connaugton hasn’t been very good this year, I’ll give you that, but he played 82 games/18 min per game last year for the 3rd seed in the west. Mitchell Robinson has shown a lot of flashes this year, he’s a rookie and raw, but looks very promising. Bell has taken a step back this year, but still plays minutes for the warriors. He’ll get a chance with someone next year.
That was a lot of "I know, but.."

You're stretching dude

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:33 pm
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:42 am

Out of 150 picks in 5 years, that’s your list. Outside of Jokic and Dinwiddie, nobody else is more talented than Mirotic. Brogdon is solid. The rest are a bunch of 7th-8th men at best. Some of those players you listed belong in the G league. That’s your ceiling!
Well you said 10% chance at 8th man... this is 15-20% of the picks over the last 5 years and surely a few more will pan out(Melton for instance)

Every single one of these guys are rotation players. No one is g league quality on the list. A good 6 or 7 of them are starting or playing starter minutes for playoff teams.

Jordan Bell plays 11 mpg and has a half dozen DNPs. Most of his minutes come in garbage time.

Mitchell Robinson has 16 DNPs. He’s a rookie. Just like Okobo and Melton, time will tell if he’s a player or not.

Zubac has 21 DNPs.

Mccaw has never averaged more than 4 ppg and is currently shooting <19% from the field in his first 10 games this year.

List goes on. These players are barely players. I’m not holding back on acquiring a rotation player because im scared I’ll miss out on the next Zubac.
Zubac wasn’t playing to start the season, but he’s been very good lately. 20/11/2 per 36 numbers. McCaw has had a weird season and barely got signed. He’s been awful, but he played rotation minutes for the warriors the last 2 years and is still super young. Connaugton hasn’t been very good this year, I’ll give you that, but he played 82 games/18 min per game last year for the 3rd seed in the west. Mitchell Robinson has shown a lot of flashes this year, he’s a rookie and raw, but looks very promising. Bell has taken a step back this year, but still plays minutes for the warriors. He’ll get a chance with someone next year.

You're stretching dude
You found 5 guys on my list of 25 that are questionable rotation guys. It doesn’t change my opinion. Im fine just disagreeing here. I think trading 4 2nd rounders for 30 games of Mirotic would be pointless. 1 2nd rounder for Payton? Fine. But 4 is too much.

Even if those picks don’t amount to anything you are losing the ability to use them in other trades that make more sense. What happens if our team is decent 2 years from now and we want to add a piece like Mirotic to the roster but we can’t because we traded 4 2nd round picks for Mirotic 2 years ago to have him play 30 games for a last place team then go sign where he wants.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Orlando trading for Fultz.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I want fultz to succeed. Orlando could be a good spot for him

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:39 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:33 pm
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

Zubac has 21 DNPs.

You're stretching dude
You found 5 guys on my list of 25 that are questionable rotation guys. It doesn’t change my opinion. Im fine just disagreeing here. I think trading 4 2nd rounders for 30 games of Mirotic would be pointless. 1 2nd rounder for Payton? Fine. But 4 is too much.

Even if those picks don’t amount to anything you are losing the ability to use them in other trades that make more sense. What happens if our team is decent 2 years from now and we want to add a piece like Mirotic to the roster but we can’t because we traded 4 2nd round picks for Mirotic 2 years ago to have him play 30 games for a last place team then go sign where he wants.
I stopped at 5.

As easy as it is to throw away 2nd round picks, it’s just as easy to acquire one if we need it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

We could probably have got Fultz for Oubre, Mil pick, our 2nd rounder. If Fultz figures it out, that’s a steal...but kinda risky

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Orlando needed a point guard and went out and got one. As a Suns fan I do not understand this concept.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

James Jones: But,we will give you Josh Jackson and a protected 1st rounder"
Last edited by djy2j on Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

SDC is dancing right now

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Ya don't say?

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

What are the odds that Milos hops on the first flight back to Europe?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Yeah. Start of every season as well

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I loved Fultz before the draft, but had no interest in trading for him. We're not the place that will get him right.