Suns News: Week 18 2/11-2/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns News: Week 18 2/11-2/17

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:02 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:57 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:19 pm
I think Kleber would be a good fit for us.
I think so too, but you would think that the Mavs will make resigning him a priority.
Aren't they about to sink $158M into the PF position?
I believe that the Mavs see Kristaps as a center, but I could be wrong.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

If we sign Brogdon and Mirotic, I would call it home run. But guess we get Rozier or Corey Joseph instead.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

How much can we clear to sign Brogdon? They’re not gonna let him walk, maybe Bledsoe but not Brogdon. Can we sign and trade? Brogdon for Oubre and filler?

Split T

Post by Split T »

If we renounce all our free agents and use our own first round pick, we’d have about 20 million in cap space...depending on where our pick is

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:09 pm
carey wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
I think so too, but you would think that the Mavs will make resigning him a priority.
Either way, how much are they going to have after giving him his max contract? I think they only have like 7 guys under contract for next season.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:15 am
In2ition wrote:
carey wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
Either way, how much are they going to have after giving him his max contract? I think they only have like 7 guys under contract for next season.
Good question, but I doubt they are worried about filling out the rest of the roster spots.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:44 am
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
carey wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Good question, but I doubt they are worried about filling out the rest of the roster spots.
Not all of them, sure. But if they are going to drop a max contract on KP, I am not sure how much they are going to worry about Kleber. Especially with him being unrestricted. At least I hope. :)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think they work with Kleber to keep him there.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
carey wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Ugh we are dreaming about a big man that shoots 45% from the field and pulls down 4 rebounds per game in 20 minutes? No thank you.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:02 am
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
carey wrote:

Ugh we are dreaming about a big man that shoots 45% from the field and pulls down 4 rebounds per game in 20 minutes? No thank you.
Yeah, we should be targeting KD and Lebron and Aldridge and other guys that won't come here.

You forgot to mention he is a stretch 4 that is active and hits 3s at 34% and has a better Defensive Rating than anyone on our roster that has played more than 20 minutes all season. We need someone big enough to play 4, but also able to stretch the floor, and play decent defense.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Maybe Kleebler can bring some of those delightful EL Fudge cookies with him.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:27 pm
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Yeah, we should be targeting KD and Lebron and Aldridge and other guys that won't come here.

You forgot to mention he is a stretch 4 that is active and hits 3s at 34% and has a better Defensive Rating than anyone on our roster that has played more than 20 minutes all season. We need someone big enough to play 4, but also able to stretch the floor, and play decent defense.
How about we target players that are more than just bit players? Mirotic, Portis, Randle, Aminu, Jamychael Green, Vonleh, Tobias Harris. Or making a play at a trade for A. Gordon, Dario Saric, maybe Larry Nance. Just examples of some players that actually produce while on the court. Kleber is an older Dragan Bender.

Just because we can’t get Anthony Davis here doesn’t mean we should just give up trying to get talented players. This roster needs a serious talent upgrade. We don’t need 12th men. We need whatever talent we acquire to immediately be one of our top 5 best players, which shouldn’t be difficult.

If the Bulls land the first pick I also would offer Booker for Markannen and see if the Bulls would like a chance to pair Zion with Booker and Lavine. I’d then try and flip a package including our own draft pick for Jrue Holiday and sign Rubio.

Rubio
Holiday
Bridges
Markkanen
Ayton

That’s my radical rebuild. It is drastic, but this team needs so much more than just a tweak and an addition of a bit player.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:11 pm
Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:

How about we target players that are more than just bit players? Mirotic, Portis, Randle, Aminu, Jamychael Green, Vonleh, Tobias Harris. Or making a play at a trade for A. Gordon, Dario Saric, maybe Larry Nance. Just examples of some players that actually produce while on the court. Kleber is an older Dragan Bender.

Just because we can’t get Anthony Davis here doesn’t mean we should just give up trying to get talented players. This roster needs a serious talent upgrade. We don’t need 12th men. We need whatever talent we acquire to immediately be one of our top 5 best players, which shouldn’t be difficult.
I get what you are saying, but we are not going to be able to attract 2 of the top 15-20 FAs to play here. And I agree that we need to sign guys that end up being in our top 5--which you point out isn't hard--but that means finding people that fit in too. So we need a PG and a PF. We have 20M to spend... not going to happen where we get two good FAs with that. We need to figure out where to spend the money and where to find good fits with room to grow...

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:30 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I get what you are saying, but we are not going to be able to attract 2 of the top 15-20 FAs to play here. And I agree that we need to sign guys that end up being in our top 5--which you point out isn't hard--but that means finding people that fit in too. So we need a PG and a PF. We have 20M to spend... not going to happen where we get two good FAs with that. We need to figure out where to spend the money and where to find good fits with room to grow...
We can easily open up more than 20 million to spend. Every team does it. It just takes an actual competent front office staff.

Don’t have a defeated attitude. Don’t accept this bullshit. Expect and demand more. Just because this organization is dogshit does not mean your expectations should change. That’s what they want to happen.

It’s pathetic when we’ve come to a point where we feel that Al Fariq Aminu Or Bobby Portis are out of our league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:

I think we should always target the best players in the league. You have to at least try, and make it clear that you're not just going to settle for mediocrity.

What if we landed Zion and traded for Conley or Holiday? Durant could instantly make that a championship team, why shouldn't he consider it?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:

If the Bulls land the first pick I also would offer Booker for Markannen and see if the Bulls would like a chance to pair Zion with Booker and Lavine. I’d then try and flip a package including our own draft pick for Jrue Holiday and sign Rubio.

Rubio
Holiday
Bridges
Markkanen
Ayton

That’s my radical rebuild. It is drastic, but this team needs so much more than just a tweak and an addition of a bit player.
Jamychael Green is more than a bit player?
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:44 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Rubio
Holiday
Bridges
Markkanen
Ayton

Jamychael Green is more than a bit player?
He averages 15.9 pts, 10 rbs, 1 blk per 36 on 41% from 3. Yes, he is.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

The Knicks beat the Hawks tonight so the Suns go into the All-Star break with the league's worst record.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:33 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:30 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

We can easily open up more than 20 million to spend. Every team does it. It just takes an actual competent front office staff.

Don’t have a defeated attitude. Don’t accept this bullshit. Expect and demand more. Just because this organization is dogshit does not mean your expectations should change. That’s what they want to happen.

It’s pathetic when we’ve come to a point where we feel that Al Fariq Aminu Or Bobby Portis are out of our league.
We are the worst team in the league, and despite having the #1 pick last year, we are worse. Our owner is known around the league as a meddling incompetent asshole. Our GM has no experience. What is attractive to a FA about that, especially if the money is the same somewhere else? If we are attracting FAs, we are over paying them or nobody else wanted them. See Ariza, Trevor.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:20 am

We are the worst team in the league, and despite having the #1 pick last year, we are worse. Our owner is known around the league as a meddling incompetent asshole. Our GM has no experience. What is attractive to a FA about that, especially if the money is the same somewhere else? If we are attracting FAs, we are over paying them or nobody else wanted them. See Ariza, Trevor.
Well, someone wanted Ariza. They traded for him and the contract while giving up a valuable asset for him. That turned into a positive.

No doubt that we are the worst team in the league and possibly the worst run as well. I don't enjoy being a fan like I used too. Sarver has sucked all the fun out of rooting for the Suns. What a bummer.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!