Suns News: Week 20 2/25-3/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns News: Week 20 2/25-3/3

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:28 pm
I don't think Igor will be fired unless there's a significantly higher caliber coach available who's willing to deal with Sarver.
Agreed. At the moment, the team looks like it's improved and pull his job out of the fire. I hope that stays that way the rest of the season, but with the way the season's been, you never know. Ayton has improved, Booker is starting to look healthy, Mikal has improved, Kelly is playing better than he ever did in Washington, Holmes is looking better then he ever did in Philly... Only Jackson looks like he hasn't found his consistency yet.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If Igor needed to be fired, the players would be letting us know.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:35 pm
If Igor needed to be fired, the players would be letting us know.
Good point. The players definitely haven't quit on him which is a very good sign.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'll also add...with a coach like Igor (veteran coach with a disciplined philosophy/system/style) and a young team like ours, it's not uncommon for it to take close to a full season to implement a system and get a team comfortable playing a certain way. You have to break them down and build the back up so that things become instinctive. I hope we've been seeing that lately and it looks like guys are a bit more in sync defensively. We still have lapses where the basket is left wide open, but we're a lot tighter on the perimeter. Even offensively you can see much more of a flow and less of the PnR lobs that was 90% of the offense most of the year.

jonh

Post by jonh »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 am
I'll also add...with a coach like Igor (veteran coach with a disciplined philosophy/system/style) and a young team like ours, it's not uncommon for it to take close to a full season to implement a system and get a team comfortable playing a certain way. You have to break them down and build the back up so that things become instinctive. I hope we've been seeing that lately and it looks like guys are a bit more in sync defensively. We still have lapses where the basket is left wide open, but we're a lot tighter on the perimeter. Even offensively you can see much more of a flow and less of the PnR lobs that was 90% of the offense most of the year.
I agree--I really think we will see lots of improvement if Igor is able to stay around another year. How many different coaches has Booker had going into training camp?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I guess Watson got two training camps, but booker has essentially had a new coach every year, right?