Around the League: Week 20 2/25-3/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Around the League: Week 20 2/25-3/3

Post by In2ition »

I never thought the Suns were going to move up to draft Bridges, but I'm certainly glad they did. I didn't think that Mitchell Robinson was going to go to the second round. If I had known those things, I would have loved to see the Suns move down to the ATL pick and entice the Hawks to give up their pick that got Huerter. Then picked Doncic, Bridges, Huerter, and Robinson. Obviously this is total fantasy, but then also getting Melton in the trade and then also Johnson and Oubre would have looked damn good. I did advocate to go Doncic and Robinson as I thought that would be fantastic. Having all those defensive or offensive geniuses would have been the core you built around for the next 10+ years.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Yeah, you were right about Mitchell Robinson. I definitely missed on him. I may have missed on Okobo too.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Okobo is going to take a little time. He reminds me a little of Dragic when he first came over, but of course Okobo doesn't have Nash to learn from.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:15 pm
People have their minds made up to not like Doncic. Pre-draft it was that he was fat, slow, unathletic and his Euroleague accomplishments don't count because the Euroleague isn't good.

He shows up in the NBA, drops triple doubles, scores at a high level, rebounds better than anyone could have imagined, all as a freaking teenager. And still it isn't good enough.
I agree. People get mad about Doncic being overrated or overhyped or focused on too much by NBA media/fans. But this ignores the simple fact that he gets so much attention because he's really good and really fun to watch. Sure, he has some bad games and some flaws in his game. He does sometimes get a huge highlight for one fancy pass despite his team losing or his stat line being mediocre that night. But HE IS FUN TO WATCH and does really cool things almost every game. He is essentially must-see TV in the NBA right now. He has the same fun factor that the Warriors acquired when Steph Curry showed up and started doing Steph Curry things. It is okay to be excited about a player like that and to hype him up and enjoy watching him and talking about him.

Ayton is having a very impressive rookie season, too. But he isn't exciting in remotely the way that Doncic is.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

The Sixers here using Embiid on Giannis

Are teams actually following the Suns ? 8-) :)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm

No doubt.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:24 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm

No doubt.
How many players have the combination of size and mobility that Ayton and Embiid have?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well Giannis went for 52/16 so I’m not sure it worked

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:47 pm
Well Giannis went for 52/16 so I’m not sure it worked
I was going to say he held him to 52 and 16. :)
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'd like to see Bridges put on 20lbs and watch him guard Giannis one on one. Bridges has the frame to add some good solid weight and be a flat out defensive terror for us.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.