Game Day: Suns (15-51) @ Blazers (39-26), Sat 3/9/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day: Suns (15-51) @ Blazers (39-26), Sat 3/9/19

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:53 pm
What are you expecting out of Tyler Johnson? That may be the problem. He’s not a star, but he’s been a pretty steadying influence. He might not be making a huge difference, but by no means does he suck.
Yep, he's been a difference maker through the win streak. He's a serviceable PG until we can get the real guy in there. I'd be willing to keep him in a backup role for either guard position.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

djy2j wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:11 pm
I don’t want to see Bender attempt another 3. He’s so terrible. I’d worry that he goes to the Spurs and Pop turns him into a legit player but I seriously doubt he’d make any roster next year at this rate. He sucks at basketball.
Bender has a nice surprise going where he gets aggressive and drives to the hoop once every 10 games or so for a bucket. Nobody ever expects it.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

May be in another 10 games we will get to see another drive to the hoop. He would go to the Spurs and his 3pt shooting would go up and he would drive to the hoop once every five games.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Not to beat a dead horse, but we lost this game when we put in Jamal Crawford.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I knew that that comeback at the end was needed psychologically, and would give us a chance to win today.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:43 pm
djy2j wrote:
I don’t want to see Bender attempt another 3. He’s so terrible. I’d worry that he goes to the Spurs and Pop turns him into a legit player but I seriously doubt he’d make any roster next year at this rate. He sucks at basketball.
Bender has a nice surprise going where he gets aggressive and drives to the hoop once every 10 games or so for a bucket. Nobody ever expects it.
I was in shock when I saw it. Then of course he misses the FT. Lately I've been wondering if he'd sign back for the vet min (same with Daniels; teammates seem to absolutely love him).

I'd hate to see him on the Warriors, Spurs or such, get properly developed and become a real contributor as a stretch forward with smarts and versatility. Not many guys his size can move the feet like he does defending the perimeter. He's probably gone though.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:24 pm
Not to beat a dead horse, but we lost this game when we put in Jamal Crawford.
Absolutely. Those pull up bricks killed us. Also, the Blazers scored repeatedly on Ayton during that stretch.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:54 am
Superbone wrote:
djy2j wrote:
I was in shock when I saw it. Then of course he misses the FT. Lately I've been wondering if he'd sign back for the vet min (same with Daniels; teammates seem to absolutely love him).

I'd hate to see him on the Warriors, Spurs or such, get properly developed and become a real contributor as a stretch forward with smarts and versatility. Not many guys his size can move the feet like he does defending the perimeter. He's probably gone though.
Agreed--I really hope we sign Bender to a cheap, long-term contract (especially if we bring Koko back next year, which I am also on board with). Consistency breeds confidence, and the team has been anything but consistent during his time here. I'm not saying he is going to be great, but I do think he can be a valuable contributor as time goes on.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

jonh wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:52 am
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Superbone wrote:
djy2j wrote:

Agreed--I really hope we sign Bender to a cheap, long-term contract (especially if we bring Koko back next year, which I am also on board with). Consistency breeds confidence, and the team has been anything but consistent during his time here. I'm not saying he is going to be great, but I do think he can be a valuable contributor as time goes on.
Just by reading his body language, Bender looks like a guy who doesn't want to be there and is trying not to show it. I don't think he comes back to the Suns under any circumstances, and I would be surprised to see him in the NBA at all. My guess is that he doesn't enjoy the competition at this level just wants to go home.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:41 pm
jonh wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:52 am
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Superbone wrote:
djy2j wrote:

Just by reading his body language, Bender looks like a guy who doesn't want to be there and is trying not to show it. I don't think he comes back to the Suns under any circumstances, and I would be surprised to see him in the NBA at all. My guess is that he doesn't enjoy the competition at this level just wants to go home.
You forgot, "...and be a bus driver."
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'll never sell my real estate on Bender Island. One day he'll be good, some day, somewhere. Not here.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:37 am
I'll never sell my real estate on Bender Island. One day he'll be good, some day, somewhere. Not here.
In the afterlife, everybody gets to be good.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Good luck getting some buyers!
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:42 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Good luck getting some buyers!
Is it good for it's value if the island is moved to Spain?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.