Game Day: Suns (15-52) @ Warriors (45-20), Sun 3/10/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day: Suns (15-52) @ Warriors (45-20), Sun 3/10/19

Post by Split T »

Maybe Bridges should start over Bender?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

It validates the Johnson trade, honestly. This team had basically quit. We were getting 0 offensive production from our PG spot. I think there's a tangible long-term benefit to having a competent offensive (and scrappy defensive) PG for the final 30 games of the season. If it costs us $4M in cap space next season, so be it. We'd only get that extra space if we waived Anderson (in which case Anderson has a $1M higher cap figure) and that would also mean $5M less in cap space in 2020 and 2021.

Johnson unlocks more trade options this offseason as well.

Good job, Jones and Bukstein.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Loved hearing Klay interviewed after the game and he said it was the Warriors worst loss of the year.
"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

no need to overpay for a pg. just get lin or drose. and keep using bender as a fake starter ala marc iavaroni for the sixers.
Last edited by SDC on Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

if suns keep winning and dallas keeps losing, there's an outside chance ayton might win ROTY.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Wow, they actually beat the Warriors at home! This has been a great week or so for Suns fans.

I don’t like “Booker (Kobe) ball” at the end. All teams have the mind set of stopping that at the end of games. Booker ball wasn’t what gave us the lead. He is a monster on offense but, he needs to trust his teamates a little more at the end of games. Then again the coach might have told him to do that. Next time they should call and get my permission first.

I wasn’t that impressed with Johnson when we got him. His shooting has been iffy but, he has been making plays and I can’t argue with the increased winning %. Oubre has been on fire and has certainly been a big part of that too. In fact they all have stepped it up a notch up and down the line imo.Ayton has started to blossom a little more and other teams are intimidated by him, which makes me happy. He is money in the paint, even if it isn’t as violent as I like. Bridges has been solid and his tenticles are long. Jackson has been making better decisions as well and went from me starting to give up hope on him to being a sort of Ourbre clone. Bender has played pretty solid defense. He has a ways to go before I consider him a must keeper but, he is starting to grow on me.

With Oubre and Jackson playing well, the Suns winning a few games and Warren being injured, I think Warrens stock has gone down some. I don’t know his injury status other than his ankle has gone from spained to sore. He think when healthy Warren is a total badazz on offense and ok on defense. He isn’t an Oubre clone. He is his own thing. I have all three guys kind of getting neck and neck in my unofficial nodack poll. I have a feeling one of them are gone next year and I hate to speculate who that will be but, all three becoming valuable helps their trade value. In that case I kind of hope Oubre sucks the rest of the season so his price tag isn’t too high. wink wink

It’s ok, you can wear your Suns T-shirts again in public. Come out of the closet.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

SDC wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:58 am
no need to overpay for a pg. just get lin or drose. and keep using bender as a fake starter ala marc iavaroni for the sixers.
Still need better personnel at that spot in the long run. Keep in mind the Suns success has only come in small spurts. Teams have kind of been sleeping on us waiting for the inevitable collapse and the Suns have gotten better at not letting it happen. They have had recent success but still put up the occasional Portland game where they were done at the tip.

Like to see Johnson stay next season and bring energy off th bench. I’ll never be ok with him making the same amount as Klay Thompson but he does bring energy and toughness.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

jonh

Post by jonh »

Here is a satisfying way to spend 9 minutes:

Phoenix Suns vs Golden State Warriors - Full Game Highlights

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

jonh wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:32 am

At 8:12, that Booker dunk was soooo satisfying. It was the exclamation point on a series of dominant offensive plays from him.

At 8:20, Oubre casually dribbles up the court in a 5-on-1 situation. The rest of his teammates seem prepared for a timeout or maybe they're just really fatigued, because none of them are involved in the play, most of them still in the backcourt. He launches it and drills it. Super ballsy. Had he missed it, who knows if the Suns would have won the game. I wonder if Igor said anything to him about it.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Xylus wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:49 am
jonh wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:32 am

At 8:12, that Booker dunk was soooo satisfying. It was the exclamation point on a series of dominant offensive plays from him.

At 8:20, Oubre casually dribbles up the court in a 5-on-1 situation. The rest of his teammates seem prepared for a timeout or maybe they're just really fatigued, because none of them are involved in the play, most of them still in the backcourt. He launches it and drills it. Super ballsy. Had he missed it, who knows if the Suns would have won the game. I wonder if Igor said anything to him about it.
I would have loudly complained about that shot if he had missed it. I know it. Ill loudly complain about it the next time he takes it.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:00 am
The money line on the Warriors was -4000. Imagine being a bettor so confident that you give the bookie $400 for a ticket to win $10, and then losing that bet.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Great game. Man what happened to the guys and even coaches? Everyone flipped a switch and seems so much more alive all of a sudden.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Ayton played some big boy stuff for alot of the night banging with Cousins and grabbing some huge rebounds

For those who like me who prefer to watch the full games on replay....
I work shift so this site been my go to

https://www.nbafullhd.com/
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

One of the best parts about this win was shutting up the Warriors play by play guy and the excessive celebrations on the court by the Warriors when they were up big early in the game.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

This game had a playoff intensity to it. I didn't feel like the Ws were sleeping on us, they just weren't hitting any shots. They came to put us away early and got to a double digit lead midway thru the 1st because we couldn't hit any shots either. But we never relented and battled through to halftime. We were flying around the ball defensively and really sticking to them. Klay was hitting his shots but we were bothering everyone. We still made some really dumb/bad plays on offense (mostly settling for pullup Js in transition) so luckily the Ws couldn't shoot it last night or they might've put us away.

I was concerned with our size (or lack thereof) once Ayton went out and we had Holmes and Jackson off the bench but we were able to hang tough. Cousins seemed especially frustrated at times. Ayton went to work against Cousins and KD and couldn't be stopped. I don't want to hear "he's not ready for touches", "his post game isn't advanced so we can't run offense thru him"...his low post offense is legit and he can go at anyone. We need to make sure these last 15 games or whatever, we're playing thru him on the block. His hooks, turnarounds, elbow jumpers are all money. His touch is phenomenal, he's bigger than everyone else. Feed the beast!

Our late game execution is still trash. Booker handling the ball is like a turnover waiting to happen. We have Tyler Johnson, he needs to handle the ball end of games. Booker can't do it, he panics.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Those couple of turnovers at the end of the game weren't a good look on an otherwise amazing game by Booker.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Eddie Johnson made it known on the broadcast last night that he doesn’t like Point Book late in the game.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Xylus wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:27 pm
Eddie Johnson made it known on the broadcast last night that he doesn’t like Point Book late in the game.
It was pretty obvious that that was when we lost our mojo. Almost cost us the game.
"Be Legendary."

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Thx for the YouTube highlights...

- Key indicators...watch the penetration play with Tyler at 4:19...he fights through a pick...loses the ball but fights to get it back. Nice.
...watch the dish from Booker to Tyler at 7:17...nice!
- I think there's some hope to be had that the team Is starting to get a feel for one another from what I saw...we've had a lot to not take heart from, so let's call this good.

VT