Game Day: Pistons (36-33) @ Suns (17-54), Thurs 3/21/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day: Pistons (36-33) @ Suns (17-54), Thurs 3/21/19

Post by Superbone »

He needs to get called out by teammates when he lets him man get a wide open shot which I saw at least a couple times against Detroit.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Meh. I'd be more concerned if Booker were afraid to say something or worse, didn't care enough to say something. Someone mentioned Kobe doing or saying something like that and that's fine with me if Booker has that mentality.

Overall, I haven't been so impressed with Melton. He hasn't wowed me with anything really in terms of playmaking or general offense while his defense is OK but nothing catching my eye. It's more his style and how he plays that I'm not crazy about. I do think Elie is more of dynamic guard, even if it's a scoring guard, with better speed and creativity.

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:06 pm
Meh. I'd be more concerned if Booker were afraid to say something or worse, didn't care enough to say something. Someone mentioned Kobe doing or saying something like that and that's fine with me if Booker has that mentality.

Overall, I haven't been so impressed with Melton. He hasn't wowed me with anything really in terms of playmaking or general offense while his defense is OK but nothing catching my eye. It's more his style and how he plays that I'm not crazy about. I do think Elie is more of dynamic guard, even if it's a scoring guard, with better speed and creativity.
I just wish that Melton was signed to a longer term deal. He will be a RFA after next season, and I don't remember the exact reason, but I think McD held onto Chandler or some other dead weight for too long and therefore couldn't offer him a 4 year deal like Okobo. Melton plays well in spurts, but he's also 20 and missed a year of college basketball, so I think he has a lot of upside. He may not end up being a great starter, but I think you certainly could do a lot worse for a backup guard spot.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:40 pm
He needs to get called out by teammates when he lets him man get a wide open shot which I saw at least a couple times against Detroit.
Indeed. If he’s dishing it they better have the balls to call him out too.