Jimmer Fredette

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Jimmer Fredette

Post by specialsauce »

Why not

SDC

Post by SDC »

he'd be the third string pg this team needs. with tyler and fredette, you dont have to overpay for a pg like brogdon. you can draft morant and be patient with him, or sign a decent veteran starting pg like drose or jeremy lin and you are all set.

last thing, pls dont go after kemba for the max.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Calling my shot now. Melton is a better point guard than Jimmer Fredette.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SDC

Post by SDC »

tj should remain as the starter if suns draft morant. i could see a fredette/ morant backcourt off the bench (fredette as SG)

SDC

Post by SDC »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:25 pm
jimmer fredette is a better player than melton, and melton may end up like payton, len, chriss and ulis next season.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

SDC wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:31 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
jimmer fredette is a better player than melton, and melton may end up like payton, len, chriss and ulis next season.
That's debatable if we compare NBA statistics. But I sure as hell know that Jimmer isn't a point guard.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:36 pm
SDC wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
That's debatable if we compare NBA statistics. But I sure as hell know that Jimmer isn't a point guard.
the guy knows how to make basketball plays and is a wiser player than melton ( who plays mostly off the ball to booker .)

SDC

Post by SDC »

i have a feeling sarver personally handpicked fredette. as for his chances of success with the suns, i think he should play off the ball the first couple of games and see what happens.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:36 pm
SDC wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I’m not sure why anyone ever claimed he was. He never has been a pg...just pg sized

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

ESPN's Outside the Lines: Jimmer Fredette, the Lonely Master -

Hope he does well.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thanks, Bobster. That was a good watch.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Thanks for posting that video. It was an interesting watch. That's nuts that he immediately scores 73 in a game and was the league MVP with 37 ppg.

Wasn't the rap on Jimmer a few years ago that he was stuck up, had kind of bought into the "Jimmer mania" hype a bit too much, and didn't get that he needed to put in work and learn to be a supporting role player in the NBA? Thought he deserved a star's billing despite not putting up star numbers, etc.? Do we get the sense that his age and his time overseas have humbled him somewhat?

I do kind of worry that being a Chinese MVP and scoring 73 and such things might inflate his ego back up again. "See, I can do this, I can be a league MVP and top scorer." Hopefully he gets that it is different here in the NBA.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:19 am
Thanks for posting that video. It was an interesting watch. That's nuts that he immediately scores 73 in a game and was the league MVP with 37 ppg.

Wasn't the rap on Jimmer a few years ago that he was stuck up, had kind of bought into the "Jimmer mania" hype a bit too much, and didn't get that he needed to put in work and learn to be a supporting role player in the NBA? Thought he deserved a star's billing despite not putting up star numbers, etc.? Do we get the sense that his age and his time overseas have humbled him somewhat?

I do kind of worry that being a Chinese MVP and scoring 73 and such things might inflate his ego back up again. "See, I can do this, I can be a league MVP and top scorer." Hopefully he gets that it is different here in the NBA.
I don’t think that was really the problem. I just think his game was not suited to being a role player. He’s been the focal point of his teams offense his whole life...He’s a ball dominant scorer. He struggled playing off the ball and provides no defense or playmaking, so in order for him to be effective, the offense needed to revolve around him. I’m sure he had a lot of confidence and thought he could succeed, but I don’t think he was unwilling to learn and develop.

We’ll see if he improved his game playing in China these past few years. He’ll need to be able to play off the ball a bit, hopefully not be a big negative defensively, and maybe add some playmaking.

SDC

Post by SDC »

I don’t think that was really the problem. I just think his game was not suited to being a role player. He’s been the focal point of his teams offense his whole life...He’s a ball dominant scorer. He struggled playing off the ball and provides no defense or playmaking, so in order for him to be effective, the offense needed to revolve around him. I’m sure he had a lot of confidence and thought he could succeed, but I don’t think he was unwilling to learn and develop.
similar profile to isaiah thomas.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Uh, yeah...
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

No one wants to mention the infamous "CHANGE IT TO JIMMER.NET" thread from 8 years ago on the old site?

I tried to convince everyone that Jimmer was too bulky to play in the NBA and his game wouldnt translate well and wouldnt be in the league in five years and was CHASTISED for it.

:D

SDC

Post by SDC »

is ladmo still alive?