Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
jonh

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by jonh »

Cap wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:11 am
O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:58 am
Pure speculation, but I wonder if Warren has some form of depression and that's the real reason behind his unexplained absences.
That would seem to explain a lot.

On the other hand, it feels kind of wrong to be speculating about somebody’s mental health on the basis of so little information.
Depression has been what I have been leaning towards over the last few seasons. I know that Chriss was fairly honest about battling some mental demons during his time here, but that seems to be the exception, rather than the rule.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

A part of me feels bad for Chriss because it wasn't his fault the Suns made a bad pick. I knew he sucked when they drafted him. I'm mostly just pissed off because he showed some flashes and started to prove me wrong, but he clearly lacks something that would enable him to fully utilize his athletic gifts.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:29 pm
A part of me feels bad for Chriss because it wasn't his fault the Suns made a bad pick. I knew he sucked when they drafted him. I'm mostly just pissed off because he showed some flashes and started to prove me wrong, but he clearly lacks something that would enable him to fully utilize his athletic gifts.
insert Bender, Josh

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:35 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:29 pm
insert Bender, Josh
Bender was a huge unknown to pretty much everyone. The textbook, "two years away from being two years away" player.

Josh Jackson was consistently an elite athlete at Kansas. He still is for the most part, but it's just taking him longer to refine his game than most expected.

Chriss was different for me. He went to UW so I watched him a lot in the Pac12. Guys from Oregon that you've never heard of used to punk him, so I was very skeptical of his NBA prospects.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Got it. It just seems like we can basically say "Suns made a bad pick" about every player the Suns selected top 10 for the last decade, except Ayton (which is clearly a given).