Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Marty [Mori Chu]
Posts: 9913
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Marty [Mori Chu] » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:22 am

Ugh; this franchise has such a stink on it under Sarver and we attract such losers. This guy helped run two of the league's s*** franchises in New Orleans and Detroit. I haven't seen anything out of those teams to make me think we should poach from their front offices. At least when we hired McDo we took from a really successful franchise in Boston that was doing smart things. Can't we hire somebody out of Houston, GS, Toronto, Boston, San Antonio, etc.? Look to the good teams, Bobby.

User avatar
carey
Posts: 10765
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by carey » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:03 pm

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Ugh; this franchise has such a stink on it under Sarver and we attract such losers. This guy helped run two of the league's s*** franchises in New Orleans and Detroit. I haven't seen anything out of those teams to make me think we should poach from their front offices. At least when we hired McDo we took from a really successful franchise in Boston that was doing smart things. Can't we hire somebody out of Houston, GS, Toronto, Boston, San Antonio, etc.? Look to the good teams, Bobby.
We did hire a guy from Boston...
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 14956
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Superbone » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:08 pm

carey wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:03 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Ugh; this franchise has such a stink on it under Sarver and we attract such losers. This guy helped run two of the league's s*** franchises in New Orleans and Detroit. I haven't seen anything out of those teams to make me think we should poach from their front offices. At least when we hired McDo we took from a really successful franchise in Boston that was doing smart things. Can't we hire somebody out of Houston, GS, Toronto, Boston, San Antonio, etc.? Look to the good teams, Bobby.
We did hire a guy from Boston...
Yeah, look how that worked out...
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 5095
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by INFORMER » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:56 pm

Thanks for the recap of Bower's track record, Flagrant Fowl.
Free agent targets: Cheick Diallo, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Joakim Noah, Theo Pinson

User avatar
iLLmatic
Posts: 3212
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 pm
Location: Gilbert, Arizona

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by iLLmatic » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:51 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:56 pm
Thanks for the recap of Bower's track record, Flagrant Fowl.
What's your opinion INF?

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 5095
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by INFORMER » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:19 pm

iLLmatic wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:51 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:56 pm
Thanks for the recap of Bower's track record, Flagrant Fowl.
What's your opinion INF?
I'll take Bower over McHale or Paxson, but the candidates for the New Orleans job are far more impressive:

https://www.nola.com/pelicans/2019/04/n ... neups.html

Gerson Rosas would be nice, but he is too smart to take the Suns job. He also isn't going to accept the low-ball offer Sarver is sure to make.
Free agent targets: Cheick Diallo, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Joakim Noah, Theo Pinson

JeremyG
Posts: 1205
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by JeremyG » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Just saw a TV ad that says, “Be a booker. booking.com”

I feel like it would be way better if they had Devin Booker saying it.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8810
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Indy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:40 am

Superbone wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:39 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:50 pm
Mikal Bridges has been bad for about a month now.
He's number two all-time for rookies steal to turnover ratio. Only Leonard is ahead of him.
I don't think these are mutually exclusive.

Over the past month, he is shooting under 31% from 3, his steals are down slightly, and his TOs are up slightly. But he is getting more boards and assists. He isn't Marion where he can be the only guy on the floor playing defense and still have an impact. But he is still a rookie.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 7713
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Split T » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:52 am


User avatar
Split T
Posts: 7713
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Split T » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:53 am

I wonder if they’ll still give him the 250,000 for shooting over 37% even though he didn’t reach the minimum attempts qualifier.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 7713
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Split T » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:55 am


User avatar
carey
Posts: 10765
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by carey » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:51 am

Split T wrote:I wonder if they’ll still give him the 250,000 for shooting over 37% even though he didn’t reach the minimum attempts qualifier.
I don't think they are allowed to. It's not like the NFL.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
England Sun
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:49 am

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by England Sun » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:54 pm

Split T wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:53 am
I wonder if they’ll still give him the 250,000 for shooting over 37% even though he didn’t reach the minimum attempts qualifier.
Why would they, he also missed 33 games and got paid for them.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but if he'd have played he would have attempted them and got paid and fair play to him. He hasn't played but still been paid for sitting out so doesn't deserve any extra.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Online
User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:24 pm

Split T wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:52 am
Something tells me that we'll hear more about this when he's traded this summer.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
The Bobster
Posts: 3740
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by The Bobster » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:43 pm

Warren missed 39 games this year. THAT'S why he didn't get his bonus.

He has missed an AVERAGE of 30 games a year since entering the league 5 years ago.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3269
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by specialsauce » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:36 pm

England Sun wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:54 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:53 am
I wonder if they’ll still give him the 250,000 for shooting over 37% even though he didn’t reach the minimum attempts qualifier.
Why would they, he also missed 33 games and got paid for them.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but if he'd have played he would have attempted them and got paid and fair play to him. He hasn't played but still been paid for sitting out so doesn't deserve any extra.
Yeah he can get lost honestly.

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 3707
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Shabazz » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:49 pm

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:36 pm
England Sun wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:54 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:53 am
I wonder if they’ll still give him the 250,000 for shooting over 37% even though he didn’t reach the minimum attempts qualifier.
Why would they, he also missed 33 games and got paid for them.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but if he'd have played he would have attempted them and got paid and fair play to him. He hasn't played but still been paid for sitting out so doesn't deserve any extra.
Yeah he can get lost honestly.
It's not just that he gets injured. It's the fact that he keeps getting these bizarre injuries that he's unable to recover from in a timely manner. And it doesn't help that the Suns go radio silent with the updates each time. The dude was literally "questionable" for 31 straight games.
Point Guard Needed. Apply here.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 14956
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Superbone » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:40 pm

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:49 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:36 pm
England Sun wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:54 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:53 am
I wonder if they’ll still give him the 250,000 for shooting over 37% even though he didn’t reach the minimum attempts qualifier.
Why would they, he also missed 33 games and got paid for them.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but if he'd have played he would have attempted them and got paid and fair play to him. He hasn't played but still been paid for sitting out so doesn't deserve any extra.
Yeah he can get lost honestly.
It's not just that he gets injured. It's the fact that he keeps getting these bizarre injuries that he's unable to recover from in a timely manner. And it doesn't help that the Suns go radio silent with the updates each time. The dude was literally "questionable" for 31 straight games.
Yeah, the whole questionable forever thing was weird. Best I can tell it was so they left it up to him if he'd return and get a shot at his 3 point bonus. I'm done with him. I hope we can get something for him.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by O_Gardino » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:58 am

Pure speculation, but I wonder if Warren has some form of depression and that's the real reason behind his unexplained absences.
SELL THE TEAM
#notank
#sarverout

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 5929
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Cap » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:11 am

O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:58 am
Pure speculation, but I wonder if Warren has some form of depression and that's the real reason behind his unexplained absences.
That would seem to explain a lot.

On the other hand, it feels kind of wrong to be speculating about somebody’s mental health on the basis of so little information.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

Post Reply