Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 2046
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by AmareIsGod » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:16 am

Just ran into Jamal Crawford at Sky Harbor. Delta. Went through regular checkpoint. My girlfriend thought I was making it up because he went through regular TSA with us. Very unassuming guy. Wish I could have snapped a selfie with him but I don't want to be one of those guys.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 4425
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by ShelC » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:43 am

Jamal's universally regarded as one of the really good, normal guys in the league.

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 5812
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Cap » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:15 am

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:48 pm
Image
Poe’s Law.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 6925
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Split T » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:33 am

Player A: 34.8/5.8/6.8 with .575 TS% and 9.6 fta per game
Player B: 31.6/5.0/6.8 with .598 TS% and 9.9 fta per game

One is a legitimate mvp candidate, making an mvp push
The other is apparently a chucker/stat stuffer on a bad team

*stats are since the all star break
Garland
Hunter
Culver

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8261
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Indy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:04 am

Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:33 am
Player A: 34.8/5.8/6.8 with .575 TS% and 9.6 fta per game
Player B: 31.6/5.0/6.8 with .598 TS% and 9.9 fta per game

One is a legitimate mvp candidate, making an mvp push
The other is apparently a chucker/stat stuffer on a bad team

*stats are since the all star break
I saw that, too. But you have to admit that doing what he is doing an a .250 team is easier than on a .667 team.

User avatar
gosuns
Posts: 356
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:42 am
Location: Europe

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by gosuns » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:32 am

Indy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:04 am
Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:33 am
Player A: 34.8/5.8/6.8 with .575 TS% and 9.6 fta per game
Player B: 31.6/5.0/6.8 with .598 TS% and 9.9 fta per game

One is a legitimate mvp candidate, making an mvp push
The other is apparently a chucker/stat stuffer on a bad team

*stats are since the all star break
I saw that, too. But you have to admit that doing what he is doing an a .250 team is easier than on a .667 team.
Why would it be easier? It’s not like he s taking a million shots to get there and he’s trying to share, but there’s no one who wants to eat at his table.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 5105
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by In2ition » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:51 am

gosuns wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:32 am
Indy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:04 am
Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:33 am
Player A: 34.8/5.8/6.8 with .575 TS% and 9.6 fta per game
Player B: 31.6/5.0/6.8 with .598 TS% and 9.9 fta per game

One is a legitimate mvp candidate, making an mvp push
The other is apparently a chucker/stat stuffer on a bad team

*stats are since the all star break
I saw that, too. But you have to admit that doing what he is doing an a .250 team is easier than on a .667 team.
Why would it be easier? It’s not like he s taking a million shots to get there and he’s trying to share, but there’s no one who wants to eat at his table.
Yeah, I don't get how it would be easier. If this team was better, with other threats, he wouldn't be the focus of the opposing team's defensive game plan and he wouldn't be constantly and consistently double and triple teamed to stop him. Now, if his attempt numbers went way up and his efficiency went way down, I could see that.
"Our Suns are DEAD!!!"

Possibilities at 32:
Isaiah Roby, Darius Bazely, Ty Jerome, Mfiondu Kabengele, Daniel Gafford, Dylan Windler, Chuma Okeke, Carson Edwards, Arturs Zagars

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8261
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Indy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:47 am

Because when you are a s*** team that is regularly down by double digits (and often +20) defenses don't play you the same way.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 6925
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Split T » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:49 am

But they also can pretty much ignore your teammates
Garland
Hunter
Culver

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 3518
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Shabazz » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:49 am

What he’s doing lately, despite all of the attention from defenses, is pretty incredible.
Point Guard Needed. Apply here.

Online
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 14236
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Superbone » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:00 pm

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:49 am
What he’s doing lately, despite all of the attention from defenses, is pretty incredible.
Very much so and even Suns fans don't appreciate it.
O_Gardino: "Ntilikina is going to lead the NBA in assists once he gets going[2025]..."

JeremyG
Posts: 930
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by JeremyG » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:09 pm

Superbone wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:00 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:49 am
What he’s doing lately, despite all of the attention from defenses, is pretty incredible.
Very much so and even Suns fans don't appreciate it.
Because we're sick of losing.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8261
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Indy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:15 pm

I appreciate his play of late, I just can't say he is as good as the consensus runner-up MVP pick.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 6925
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Split T » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:23 pm

Indy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:15 pm
I appreciate his play of late, I just can't say he is as good as the consensus runner-up MVP pick.
You don’t have to say that, but he’s played him pretty equal since the all star break. That’s impressive!
Garland
Hunter
Culver

User avatar
gosuns
Posts: 356
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:42 am
Location: Europe

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by gosuns » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:23 pm

Split T wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:23 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:15 pm
I appreciate his play of late, I just can't say he is as good as the consensus runner-up MVP pick.
You don’t have to say that, but he’s played him pretty equal since the all star break. That’s impressive!
Ok Indy, now i get what you wanted to say, but in my opinion your reasoning is wrong. How about the ridiculous calls Harden gets, what about the fact he can pretty much take one more step than anyone else. How about having CP3 on your team to set him up for some easy buckets and take some pressure off of him so he can take a breather while on the court.

Booker might actually put up this numbers with tougher odds than Harden. There are a lot of factors you could probably bring up against my logic I’m sure but in the end 30 points per game are 30 points per game.

User avatar
iLLmatic
Posts: 3128
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 pm
Location: Gilbert, Arizona

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by iLLmatic » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:51 pm

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:09 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:00 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:49 am
What he’s doing lately, despite all of the attention from defenses, is pretty incredible.
Very much so and even Suns fans don't appreciate it.
Because we're sick of losing.
Let them have it Indy.

User avatar
iLLmatic
Posts: 3128
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 pm
Location: Gilbert, Arizona

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by iLLmatic » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:52 pm

Great Booker is kicking ass when it doesn't matter.

User avatar
BookTheGoat
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:34 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by BookTheGoat » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:26 am

iLLmatic wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:52 pm
Great Booker is kicking ass when it doesn't matter.
Great that he’s finally healthy.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8261
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Indy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:51 pm

gosuns wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:23 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:23 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:15 pm
I appreciate his play of late, I just can't say he is as good as the consensus runner-up MVP pick.
You don’t have to say that, but he’s played him pretty equal since the all star break. That’s impressive!
Ok Indy, now i get what you wanted to say, but in my opinion your reasoning is wrong. How about the ridiculous calls Harden gets, what about the fact he can pretty much take one more step than anyone else. How about having CP3 on your team to set him up for some easy buckets and take some pressure off of him so he can take a breather while on the court.

Booker might actually put up this numbers with tougher odds than Harden. There are a lot of factors you could probably bring up against my logic I’m sure but in the end 30 points per game are 30 points per game.
Since the All Star Break, Book has been amazing for us. He is getting to line like an MVP candidate, scoring like an MVP candidate.

But the games are meaningless now.

Only 25 guys in the history of the league have played 250 games before turning 23 and scored at least 5000 points. Booker is 25th in total games won.

I am not saying that is his fault. We have put a s*** team around him, for sure. But I want to see him playing this way before the season is lost.

Code: Select all

      Pre / Post-ASB
PPG   24.6  31.6
FTA   6.1   9.9
APG   6.7   6.8
RPG   4.0   5.0
FG%   46.0  46.5
3P%   32.5  33.1

Online
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 14236
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 24 3/25-3/31

Post by Superbone » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:15 pm

O_Gardino: "Ntilikina is going to lead the NBA in assists once he gets going[2025]..."

Post Reply